Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

decided to pull the video

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
decided to pull the video
June 26, 2013 12:38AM
I decided to pull the video (Wild Bills) from Toms Page... We at some point in our lives have become so mad that we swear or hit a wall or do what we need to "vent"......I can see I have stirred up alot of oppinions....Last I knew this is a FREE country.. Wild Bill is not a criminal, and we are allowed to speak or minds...If you read Wild Bills comment on the video page he does apoligize........We are all human.........Happy Hunting...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 01:39AM by fisher cz-3d.
Re: I felt the need to share this video
June 26, 2013 02:04AM
Yep, I have shown up in places like this.
If I really had my heart set on hunting this place I fill in the holes.
If not I get right back into the truck and never come back.
Unfortunately for you this was one of your few prime spots.
Don't blame you a damn bit. It hurts us all.
Kids or ignorant idiots take your pick.
After seeing that how can you argue with "The Man" about being
able to MD.

I wouldn't be against being licensed if it would open up areas for
hunting.

Min. age 21 and require some kind of demonstrated ability to do
it right.

We all tie up a lot of money into this hobby and deserve more of
a chance to enjoy it than what we are getting.
June 26, 2013 02:27AM
That is pretty much how I feel when I see holes unfilled. Just a few screwing it up for all. I don't think it is an age specific problem though.
June 26, 2013 02:44AM
I would get the permit or license if need be too...and Ive been to places where I have filled in other holes.. its a shame.......you have a good Idea there...!!
June 26, 2013 03:05AM
What good is a license or permit except to give more empowerment to some bureaucratic agency and government and give it the ability to turn another of your rights into a priviledge and make money doing it? That not only makes the ones in the direct area a victim but also those in totally different areas.

Licensing and permitting are just "solutions" for lazy , apathetic statists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 03:06AM by shoveler.
June 26, 2013 03:58AM
That is bad, not saying it's what happened here but at least twice one last week, ive come back 2 discover my own carefully replaced plug, dug out and the dirt scattered! It is horrifying and makes you angry while you try to recover what was lost! It's usually the shallower plugs i dig guessing some kind of vermin or birds,lawnmower or worse someone who doesn't care or wants to get you kicked out? HH
June 26, 2013 04:26AM
License to detect??? Next well need a license to wipe...because some leave skI'd marks in their drawers? All we need to do is police ourselves. You see someone leaving craters, confront them. If you don't see them, spread the word through your buddies, clubs and shame them on the forums. Also, it sucks, but if you see open holes and trash, clean it up. More regulations is NOT the answer. Ray
June 26, 2013 04:51AM

shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
What good is a license or permit except to give more empowerment to some bureaucratic agency and government and give it the ability to turn another of your rights into a priviledge and make money doing it? That not only makes the ones in the direct area a victim but also those in totally different areas. Licensing and permitting are just "solutions" for lazy , apathetic statists.

Exactly!
June 26, 2013 11:04AM
He scared me and I'm not the guy. This video should be a sticky on every detecting forum. I think the point was made quite clear.
June 26, 2013 11:17AM
mcgov51 Wrote:

> I wouldn't be against being licensed if it would
> open up areas for
> hunting.
>
> Min. age 21 and require some kind of demonstrated
> ability to do
> it right.
>
> We all tie up a lot of money into this hobby and
> deserve more of
> a chance to enjoy it than what we are getting.

fisher cz-3d . . . didn't mean to High Jack your thread man but what
you have brought up really needs to be discussed . . . long overdue.

Hey I'm only speaking for me and my point of view is a place to hunt
. . . is better than no place to hunt.

A $10 or $ 20 STATE WIDE License in light of the $THOUSANDS$
I have already spent . . . would not hurt my feelings especially if it
opens the door to those areas which are now closed for no good
reason that I can ascertain ? Other than for what fisher cz-3d has
documented.

Under 21 ? . . . OK . . . must be under the direct supervision of a
licensed adult.

Not an age specific problem . . . maybe not ? The only difference between an
ignorant kid and an ignorant adult who has never grown up is that the adult has
learned a little better . . . how to pretend to be an adult when other people are
watching . . . but only when being watched.

Rights, Priviledges, Unnecessarily Empowering the Gov't . . . c'mon guys ?
Things have changed a lot since 911.

IT IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY . . . REMEMBER ?
As a matter of fact . . . we actually own very little . . .
You do own your MD but . . .

e.g. If your house is paid off . . . and you refuse or forget to pay the taxes
. . . you will see who really owns it very quickly.

Do you hunt or fish without a license ?

Hey if we can get back those areas that have been taken away . . . I am for it.
This hobby has been made to suffer with this same issue for the past 50 years
and this same issue continues today because nothing has ever been done.

You can bad mouth the Park Ranger all you want about your rights . . .

I have no problem with Authority, Rules, Laws, Regulations of any kind because
they apply to everyone equally and these are the instruments that actually protect
our rights and priviledges

I JUST WANT TO HUNT WITHOUT BEING HASSLED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 12:11PM by mcgov51.
June 26, 2013 12:44PM
Mcgov, I'm really trying not to pick on you, but are you sure your an American? So any law the government makes is fine by you and you'll abide??? You think kids need supervision to detect untill 21???? Hahaha, God almighty, can't believe what I'm hearing. And God forbid you ever get hassled. Btw, you are wrong about where we have rights to detect. Are you a taxpayer?????
June 26, 2013 01:26PM
rapidroy7 Wrote:
> That is bad, not saying it's what happened here
> but at least twice one last week, ive come back 2
> discover my own carefully replaced plug, dug out
> and the dirt scattered! It is horrifying and makes
> you angry while you try to recover what was lost!
> It's usually the shallower plugs i dig guessing
> some kind of vermin or birds,lawnmower or worse
> someone who doesn't care or wants to get you
> kicked out? HH

Skunks and raccoons will open your plugs looking for grubs. It has happened to me many times. So much that I quit detecting lawns altogether.

Whenever you detect a lawn, it's always a good idea to go back the next day and check your plugs.
June 26, 2013 01:51PM
Thats what i thought too Badger used to cover them back-up may start tossing them in the weeds , no more smell?Thanx HH
June 26, 2013 01:56PM
Our county started the $10 permit fee for metal detecting, this will be the 2nd year. Before, they required a permit with no fee, just I.D. and paperwork filled out.

The first year the fee started, I asked the lady at the park building, "why all of a sudden is the county charging a fee?" She said "to pay for the time and expense for the filing and paperwork".

????? " My dear, if there were no permit needed, you wouldn't need to charge a fee, because there wouldn't be any added paper or filing work to be done" She stayed silent.

I then asked her how many detectorists file for a permit, she said only about a few dozen a year.

Next year I will have to remember to ask that question again to see if the detecting shows have much of an influence on the hobby.

I have run into a few guys who don't even know about the required permit, how could they, it's not posted on the county's website.

I have been approached by rangers several times, asking to see a permit....so I usually warn the guys that the ranger may stop and check.

Sticking to the thread, I have seen unfilled holes with trash next to them.... and it does make my blood boil.

Sometimes skunks will dig your plug back out looking for grubs and such. They must smell them from the disturbed earth. Critterhunter mentioned this awhile ago. I've come across this on a private farm. I saw many of the plugs pulled out the next day and questioned the landowner if she did it, she said she didn't.
June 26, 2013 03:16PM
Not saying I'm for or against a permit system, but I don't think it will make a difference whether people cover their holes or not. We all have a license(permit) to drive and we all know everyone out there on the road uses proper dedicate when driving, right????
June 26, 2013 03:25PM
I have come back to spots I have hunted to find plugs turned up and scattered as well. I was confused and angry as I knew no one else had permission to be there. I stopped detecting the house because of the damage to the lawn.
The culprit turned out to be a coon digging up all my plugs Critters like the fresh dig. Im not saying that happened here but could be a possibility. I took three days of me going back and watering the plugs and cleaning up before it stopped.
though I was bummed not to be able to hunt this house any more I did come out with a 1911 s wheat in pretty good condition!

HH
Jim
June 26, 2013 03:38PM
goodmore Wrote:
> He scared me and I'm not the guy. This video
> should be a sticky on every detecting forum. I
> think the point was made quite clear.

absolutely....!!! I feel for him ...he made day...
June 26, 2013 09:01PM
I disagree with permits and any regulation of this hobby. It isn't necessary! 99% of the people out there are good representatives of this hobby, it's the 1% that screw up. Sorry... but permits are not necessary. As some have said, "police it ourselves". Wild Bill has a right to be upset BUT his language is just as bad for the hobby as leaving holes. What if it is a kid who doesn't know any better? or an adult that didn't think it mattered. He should by all means look for and confront this person and explain why it is necessary to be respectful of the property they search, maybe even show them how to retrieve a target properly. Then, he needs to go to the people that gave him permission and explain what he found, that it was not him, that he repaired the holes, and gave a lesson to the person who did it. Then if he catches the person doing it again... feel free to make their life miserable any way he sees fit. Of course, this is only MY OPINION.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
June 26, 2013 09:59PM
I fail to see how having a permit controls or regulates anything. It is purely a tax. If you have 15 or 20 guys registered in a county how does that identify the guy registered or unregistered that left his holes open? If you think that the 10 or 20$ that a municipality takes from your pocket is going to benefit the hobby think again.
June 26, 2013 10:36PM
I have verified racoons, opossums, armadillos removing my plugs in the past.

In theory, the 'intent' of implementing permit's/laws appears to be 'sound' (and logical).......... however, the long-term resultant is negative. The definition of 'freedom' becomes infringed. It's the philosophy of:

If a gun is used in the commission of a crime: ban guns.
If a chainsaw is used in a massacre: ban chainsaws.
If someone is caught speeding: ban cars.
If someone commits a crime whilst drunk: ban alcohol.
If money is wrongfully utilized: ban money.
If an air-compressor explodes: they are deemed 'dangerous'.... ban air-compressors.

In Florida, you are fined if caught not wearing a seatbelt; yet, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet (or seatbelt)... with no penalties imposed.

It is the 'wreckless/careless/neglect' that needs to be (punitively) addressed.......... not the tool/implement........... nor the freedom.

((( Spare the rod = spoil the child ))).
June 27, 2013 12:33PM
"It is the 'wreckless/careless/neglect' that needs to be (punitively) addressed.......... not the tool/implement........... nor the freedom." So Tom, under this logic you'd be okay with letting individuals have the freedom to run around with nuclear weapons? Were would YOU draw the line...somewhere between assault weapons and hydrogen bombs? Or everyone should be free, no lines drawn?

There are laws to make the tools you mentioned safer....and there are laws that outright ban the use of some tools. No we don't ban cars, but we have a myriad of laws to make us all safer on the road.
All the "tools" you mentioned have uses. An assault weapon's only use is for killing. So what would be the problem banning assault weapons? We ban tanks. You cannot own an armed tank. You could own a tank, but you can't drive it on a public road or have a gun on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am for limited government, I want them to let us choose who WE can marry, let us choose what WE want to do with unwanted pregnancies, etc......but we must have some laws to make us safe in our pursuit of the rights mentioned in the US constitution and other similar documents around the world.

Thanks.
PS The guy in the vid threatening the other guy is worse than the leaving of the holes un-filled. Like Tom said, many times animals un-fill holes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 12:53PM by charlives.
June 27, 2013 03:59PM
The peoples of a Nation that create a governing body (government)....... need to have the tools necessary at their disposal to disban the government........ should tyranic nature ensue.
June 27, 2013 04:14PM
In Reno Nv the permit process seems to work the permits are free but required to hunt the parks. In this manner the power has been taken out of the hands of the individual parks operators who are public servants and should have no authority to dictate anything over one particular group of sportsmen in the parks. Also by doing this the hunters are registered and have more a feeling of responsibility for their actions.

Quote:
An assault weapon's only use is for killing. So what would be the problem banning assault weapons?
Many tools have multiple uses could not a assault rifle kill a dear. A people out gunned by the government has no recourse against dictators.
Take away the guns and the messed up people will use bombs in the theaters or schools. At least we have a chance against a gun
If everyone had a sidearm no one would attempt such a thing as they would surly be taken down quickly

Just My two cents!!
Jim
June 27, 2013 05:05PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> The peoples of a Nation that create a governing
> body (government)....... need to have the tools
> necessary at their disposal to disban the
> government........ should tyranic nature ensue.

Tom,
So, again, you think individual people should be able to have the same tools (nuclear arms,smart bombs etc) as our government??
My answer is No... I do not think individuals should possess nuclear powered submarines. People would shoot off those weapons whenever they got the least bit angered.

In a democracy we ARE the government. In the US, the armed forces belong to us. There are checks and balances to protect the use of this power. In a democracy WE would be to blame if we became so ignorant and apathetic as to allow an individual to take over our armies.

With all due respect, Charlives
PS We haven't had weapons equal to our government's since before the civil war.
June 27, 2013 09:36PM
charlives Wrote:
> Tom,
> So, again, you think individual people should be
> able to have the same tools (nuclear arms,smart
> bombs etc) as our government??
> My answer is No... I do not think individuals
> should possess nuclear powered submarines. People
> would shoot off those weapons whenever they got
> the least bit angered.
>
> In a democracy we ARE the government. In the US,
> the armed forces belong to us. There are checks
> and balances to protect the use of this power. In
> a democracy WE would be to blame if we became so
> ignorant and apathetic as to allow an individual
> to take over our armies.
>
> With all due respect, Charlives
> PS We haven't had weapons equal to our
> government's since before the civil war.

Are you for real??? We are talking about someone leaving holes and the possiblity of requiring permits..... you bring up assault weapons, nuclear bombs and such. I think you want to pick a fight here plain and simple!

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
June 27, 2013 10:12PM
Yes Schultzie, I am for real....and no, I'm not fighting. Tom brought up the gun issue. I'm just rebutting his thoughts on gun control. Did you have a thought you wanted to add? Thanks.
June 27, 2013 11:18PM
I'm with Shultzie i thought he was picking a fight then wasn't sure just left me scratching my head(not un-like some of my post LOL) sorry Shultzie & others! Here's something to ponder how does between 2&5% of the populace wich claim to be gay make so much noise and get so many rights?Thats not type-n-shadows like i think Tom was talking? HH
June 27, 2013 11:38PM
Nope Roy, as I stated, I'm not fighting. I am participating in public discourse.
I assume you didn't want to add anything to the gun debate, but instead wanted to start another discussion - "Here's something to ponder how does between 2&5% of the populace wich claim to be gay make so much noise and get so many rights?" To this I would say that when any one group is treated unequally, we are all diminished.
June 28, 2013 12:56AM
Hello Charlives like i said could not tell wich way your leaning 2 tell the truth still can't?Are you a politician?In my humble opinion there is no gun debate just people with a herd mentality that go along with the popular opinion at the time? HH
June 28, 2013 01:11AM
I know the guy is mad ... But the language is over the top...I cant take people seriously who use fowl language to get the point across....

If He's that inflamed about the holes a few minutes spent explaining the situation and the consequence's it has for everyone would work better than talking about beating someone up...

Thank's for the link..

Situations will develop How do we handle them?

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 01:32AM by Keith Southern.