Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom D/Others...Garrett AT Pro or Teknetics T2 Standard Model

Posted by TerraDigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom D/Others...Garrett AT Pro or Teknetics T2 Standard Model
March 24, 2011 07:13AM
Now that field testing has been done on the 'fixed' AT Pro's. Which detector is the better choice for coin/ring shooting in heavily mineralized soil, mostly in urban settings. Would appreciate some field use reasons why one is superior to the other in different categories.
My soil has the same level of mineralizations as LowBoy's/Lawrenzo, as this is Idaho mining country. Please no Minelab recommendations as I can't spring for the increased cost of a Exp SE or E-Trac. Basically would sell the T2 and get the AT Pro if I am shown the benefit of doing so.
Thanks to everyone that replies.
Re: Tom D/Others...Garrett AT Pro or Teknetics T2 Standard Model
March 24, 2011 01:55PM
very interesting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 02:52AM by Lawrenzo.
March 25, 2011 12:24AM
I hesitated to post anything at this point because I have only had the At Pro for a couple of weeks but here is my deal. I planted a test garden 2 years ago along the backside of my house right where everything falls off the roof. I have nails, the old 1 inch sqaure top roofing nails, old pipe fittings, slivers of siding, and my yard is full of waded up pieces of burnt tin foil about 4 inches down for some reason. I wanted a real life garden because I mainly hunt around old houses or where houses use to be. I have tried every detector I have and none will hit all the targets. The targets are not that deep, 7" being the deepest. I have had a Fisher F4,F5, F75 LTD, and currently have an E-Trac. I have finally worked with the E-Trac where I can sort of get all targets but one. The AtPro will hit every target and ID properly even in STD mode. I don't know the reason, maybe it is just the way the targets are buried with the trash, and my soil composition, but whatever the reason I like it. The target none of my other detectors would hit is a nickel. I am not saying anything about the depth of this machine or how it will work out in the field, I have only had it out once and found some nice relics, just saying it deserves a look. I know Tom has tested it in his inert soil and LowBoy in his Californina soil, I am halfway between them on the Red River between Texas and Oklahoma. My soil is moderate to slightly higher than moderate in places. I thought long and hard about getting either the AtPro or the G2 and I believe the G2 and T2 both are fine machines as well but at this point I am happy with the At Pro for hunting around old houses where the ground is full of junk. -- Randy
March 25, 2011 01:42AM
In short........I would recommend the AT Pro over the standard 1st Generation T2.
This is to say..... I would recommend the T2 2nd Generation LTD/SE over the AT Pro.

Yet, I also need to say............ the difference is minute' enough....that it is hard to justify ANY of these changes.
March 25, 2011 02:05AM
My gratitude to everyone that has helped answer my question so far. I really, really appreciate it.
More input from other users would be cool. I think the question is a good one as we are discussing newer Teknetics/Garrett units along with the well known Minelabs.
March 27, 2011 01:03PM
If the performance differences are minute, then I think I would go with the the waterproof design of the AT Pro. No more worries when it comes to rain showers, or when working near the water's edge. Plus, the AT Pro has a much better price point the the T2 LTD.

It's nice to have options.

HH, Eric (NH)
March 27, 2011 05:19PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In short........I would recommend the AT Pro over
> the standard 1st Generation T2.
> This is to say..... I would recommend the T2 2nd
> Generation LTD/SE over the AT Pro.
>
> Yet, I also need to say............ the difference
> is minute' enough....that it is hard to justify
> ANY of these changes.

tom!
would you recommend the "standard" f-75 over the at-pro?
just curious!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 29, 2011 12:38AM
They are SO close.............yet..........I would lean more towards the standard F75. Garrett does not have far to go......to trump the trump-card.
March 29, 2011 07:27AM
thanks!..tom!
charlie,apparently has indeed, come a long way!
it "ain't" the paint!..anymore!..just sayin!

(h.h!)
j.t.
March 29, 2011 01:18PM
I think that the AT Pro is not only a feather in Garretts cap , but I think that at it's price point , it's going to make other companies scramble to catch up !!..... It's really too bad that the falsing problem was not corrected before these detectors went out the door .....If that were the case , this detector would have been a GRAND SLAM from the beginnning ....There would have been nobody questioning it, and it would have proved itself in the field as a worthy contender with NEW options that other machines don't have, at a price point that just about anyone serious about detecting can afford ...... Hopefully it has made other companies take notice , and hopefully they understand more that we as consumers are also looking for GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE !!..... There have been PLENTY of dedicated consumers from the Multi Frequency company that are looking elsewhere for new products, due to greed, and bad customer service ..... It takes a LONG TIME to build a good company , and it takes NO TIME at all to watch it all go down the tubes !!.....Jim
March 30, 2011 03:33PM
The T2 and the At have a different way of hunting a different way they sound and unmask...having had both I would go with the New T2 with boost or the new LTD...but for me the G2 has been the best or all of the above detectors in my dirt.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!