Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My top detector in 2017 was the AKA Signum MFD.

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My top detector in 2017 was the AKA Signum MFD.
January 05, 2018 12:21PM
It does have a small learning curve but it is truly a remarkable piece of kit. So many useful functions and multiple coils at different frequencies. The Deep Program is very deep and avoids surface trash while offering tone id on the deep ones. The smaller coils will find those deep coppers and silver coins while in this program. Three other factory programs plus multiple tone options you can customize. Very light weight. I will only own 4 detectors after the Minelab comes out. My Sovereign Elite for beach work, my Valon for hot ground, the AKA for field work and the new Equinox as a test detector. Now to loose 17 others. Good luck with your choices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 12:24PM by woodchiphustler.
Re: My top detector in 2017 was the AKA Signum MFD.
January 05, 2018 12:59PM
My favorite field machine by far as well.
I found the factory preset programs easy to use, but to understand the intricacies of the expert settings as such, well i'm still learning them, and i think this aspect puts off those who prefer a detector with a quicker learning curve.
I see it best for me as a deep hunter on fields that have stopped producing as much, choose a target, match your coil and freq, and off you go.
January 05, 2018 05:26PM
A Signum is on my radar for 2018,just something about this machine that is grabbing my attention probably because its unique i guess and me likes unique machines,everyone else is going for this latest wonder machine from Minelab,but i dont plan on joining the 'flock of sheep' could well get a Signum at the end of the month,could well be even before the 'flock' get there machines grinning smiley baa baa baa
January 05, 2018 07:44PM
I have had 4 AKA detectors. The Deep mode on the MFD is very unique and worth the xtra dough.
January 05, 2018 08:29PM
How does the Vallon compare to the Whites TDI (big box)?

Do you find you get better target ID(iron vs lead) and depth?
January 05, 2018 11:31PM
The Valor has a ground balance and some iron recognition but it can't compare with the TDI or any GP or GPX Detectors.
January 06, 2018 02:30AM
I'd like to see a conventional depth meter added to that machine.
January 06, 2018 03:01AM
Thanks for the info! I was following the recent interest in the Vallon detector(Geotech site). I have been using the TDI for quite some time and plan to stick with it.
January 06, 2018 03:30AM
WCH or any other owners, Your thoughts on the Sorex Pro ? Thanks Richard
January 06, 2018 10:28AM
if only it was all wifi like a deus ..it would be a hot seller
January 06, 2018 11:38AM
Here's the Deus man's view a while back.

[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]
RichardnTn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WCH or any other owners, Your thoughts on the So
> rex Pro ? Thanks Richard
January 06, 2018 04:34PM
I liked all the AKA's. I used the Sorex for a few seasons and found it very easy to learn and impressive in the metal trash (MM) function when in iron infested old colonial sites. The stock 9x12 was my favorite coil picking out small targets with ease. I did a video on youtube on a short hunt. Just search George Kinsey if you care to see it. It was however not produced by Spielberg! grinning smiley