Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE GAIN ON THE BLISSTOOL

Posted by Anonymous User 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anonymous User
THE GAIN ON THE BLISSTOOL
October 06, 2013 10:14AM
Hey Guys
I just wanted to remind the newer owners of the Blisstool about the Gain setting and when to Reground Balance.

GAIN SETTING

First- Anytime you adjust the Gain or the Frequency you must Reground Balance.

Second- When you first start out with the Blisstool, don't crank up the Gain. My suggestion is to go no higher than 2 untill you get the feel for the Blisstool. Remember on 1 it has more power than most detectors on max.

Third- The GAIN serves to define the input AC amplification of the signal from the detected object. The best way I have found to explain this to others is to compare it to your home stereo. What happens when you have your music cranked up to high? The music starts to get distorted or just doesn't sound good, Right? This applies to the sound of the detected object also. As you get use to what the Blisstool is telling you, "Hear the Bliss", you can move up the gain if needed. At 1 Gain I found a V nickel at over 10 inches down on a live dig and also did a Buried Hoard Test video where I buried a small bag of coins at 2 feet and got it with a 2 Gain with the 11 inch coil.

Hope this helps you out.
Below is what the manual says for your reference.

9.17. GAIN potentiometer

The GAIN potentiometer serves to define the input AC amplification of the signal from the detected object.
The proper adjustment of the GAIN potentiometer provides increased depth of detection.
The recommended level for GAIN potentiometer is about level „5“. This level may vary, depending on the characteristics of the terrain and the external weather conditions. Choose that level at which the metal detector retains its stability.
Because their primary function, the setting of the GAIN potentiometer affect to the other settings of the metal detector and especially on its audio threshold setting by a THRESHOLD potentiometer, and on its ground balance. It is desirable for this setting to be done before the rest of the metal detector settings, or after any change of the GAIN potentiometer, to be done complete setup of the metal detector.
At terrains with, from low to medium mineralization, GAIN potentiometer may be increased at a level greater than level „5“ to increase the depth of detection. The GAIN potentiometer must be increased to a level where the metal detector maintains desired by the user stability. This increase is only possible in the absence of strong external interference.
At high mineralized terrains and terrains with a high content of ore, usually GAIN potentiometer must be reduced to a level less than level „5“, since in those terrains have much higher background signal and at higher levels of GAIN potentiometer the metal detector is unstable. In such terrains, the setting of a GAIN potentiometer of a smaller levels, stabilize the metal detector, which allows to achieve better depth of detection after adjust the sensitivity and the behavior of the metal detector by THRESHOLD and SILENCER potentiometers.
The GAIN potentiometer must be reduced to a level less than level „5“ and in the presence of strong external interference and/or other factors that cause visible instability of the metal detector.