Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Spent some of my Equinox 800 money

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spent some of my Equinox 800 money
January 18, 2018 05:45PM
Too many good used buys coming up. Guess who gets to hold a new to them Etrac next week? HA

Anyone else picking up bargains?

HH
Mike
Re: Spent some of my Equinox 800 money
January 18, 2018 06:03PM
NICE!
January 18, 2018 06:21PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too many good used buys coming up. Guess who ge
> ts to hold a new to them Etrac next week? HA
>
> Anyone else picking up bargains?
>
> HH
> Mike

Yep-----Picked up a "new to me" version 6 Omega with 11" coil in mint condition for $250 delivered.-----I just bought it a short time ago but I guess I should have waited just a little longer---seen another one listed for $210---think it sold--but quick!-------It's a buyers market for sure.----------Del
January 18, 2018 06:25PM
As an avid park hunter I'm almost convinced I need one of these.. Congrats!
January 18, 2018 06:38PM
Congrats Mike.
I like Etrac.

I am going to use my "crumbs" and buy the Equinox, maybe 2 of them.
January 18, 2018 07:02PM
I have 2 Equinox 800's coming and just waiting for the prices of the 6 and 15 inch coils so I can order those to. Also have my CTX 3030 which I won't give up. It's my silver killer.
January 18, 2018 07:04PM
Now that I've already spent part of the money I've decided to put the Equinox on hold for 2018 and watch for a good Tejon to surface.

HH
Mike
January 18, 2018 07:04PM
Yes Sir, there are some deals to be had right now.
Was thinking about selling My Ireland made Etrac but better hold off as too good a Detector to give away.
January 18, 2018 10:21PM
Yeah the Equinox has done well for used detector sales. Everyone is dumping the E Tracs, Explorers and some have even parted with their CTX3030's not to mention many other popular units. Good time to buy but not a very good market to sell.
January 18, 2018 11:24PM
Last thing I would dump is my E Trac. I know what it can do. In line for the 800 and the 6". Could the 6" cost as much as a third of the cost of the 800? More than likely more. lol Where else are you going to get one? Have seen a lot of good buys I would like to have. I expect to see a lot of a broad range of MD's come on the market from folks that want to try the EQ. and need to "thin the herd" in order to get one.
January 19, 2018 09:56PM
There are many good used machines coming available right now, Many are not selling because the hype of the Nox.
January 19, 2018 10:36PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> Too many good used buys coming up. Guess who ge
> ts to hold a new to them Etrac next week? HA
>
> Anyone else picking up bargains?
>
> HH
> Mike

I 'm hearing you Mike.

You can't expect a man to wait forever. And there are certainly a lot of good used detectors tagged with FOR SALE signs or making their way to the auction block as guys are plotting how to lay their hands on one of these Equinox detectors.

The sad thing is where a guy is setting aside a quality detector that's ridden in the passenger seat on a hundred early morning road trips, next to the insulated coffee container and an old worn day pack full of recovery tools and batteries.

It's like tossing out that old photo album with pictures of the guys, your first sweetheart and your favorite .22 rifle.

Good luck with the etrac. thumbs down

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
January 20, 2018 01:09PM
I wonder if used detector prices will creep back up in the Spring after we find that the Equinox is not the holy grail it’s being made out to be? Maybe we should be playing the detector stock market buying up $600 etracs and $1200 CTXs...
January 20, 2018 03:54PM
The CTX will still be around for quite a while. On the other hand I believe the old model E Trac will be culled from the lineup. The Nox is sure shaking up the detector hobby. 5000 posts on Finds and not one sold to the public? Older detectors are worth what a person will pay for them. I had an Etrac and a CTX. I have no plans on going back to either one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 03:56PM by goodmore.
January 20, 2018 07:22PM
Sure hope the Equinox lives up to its advanced billing. If it doesn't a lot of people are going to be upset that they gave away some pretty good machines.
January 20, 2018 11:07PM
Goodmore, do you have an Equinox on order?
January 20, 2018 11:31PM
Yeah I have one ordered. I have not given any money yet. I can wait for a while though. I don't do much dirt hunting anymore. I like beach hunting and it is just a little too cold to get in the Atlantic. Especially in NJ and Maryland. I was moving the lawn tractor by hand about a year ago and tore my bicep. I know there are people out there that have experienced far worse, but that was the most pain I ever felt. It's been a long time since I cried but I was screaming mommy. Well to make it short I still have pain. My right hand also goes numb if I detect too long. The ergonomics of the Equinox is just exciting to me. I really thought about just giving up the hobby. Hope you and the family are well. It's been a cold winter here in PA. Detecting is something I think about to mentally combat this crappy season.
January 21, 2018 12:50AM
Yes .....the used detector market is flat now........but the equinox looks very promising at a affordable price point........the etrac is a (proven) deep & very stable machine & has very good (proven target ID) history

The 7 million dollar $$$$$ question is ........the eqionox has the etrac / 3030 type depth ?????

Do we see minelab selling a $800 Eqionox to go deeper than a $2,200.00 3030 ????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 01:07AM by Rob in (ca).
January 21, 2018 01:37AM
I think the depth will be comparable. Recovery? Maybe better. The CTX tone settings are incredible. You can set it up and never look at the screen if you don't want to when you hit a target. So the question becomes......are the tones, color screen, target trace and GPS worth a grand? I see the CTX dropping in price. It has to.
January 21, 2018 02:24AM
Over here in the USA..... we want..... Depth ....Depth....... deep coins .....deep beach jewelry .......deep Relics

Not so much over in the UK .....smaller more low conducive type relics / coins ...... mixed in with iron

USA sales are minimal to minelab............. compared to the rest of the world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 03:26AM by Rob in (ca).
January 21, 2018 03:23AM
Remember what Minelab has already said in their Equinox Technologies #1:

Lee T
Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.

So dedicated silver hunters may be disappointed.
January 21, 2018 11:39AM
go-rebels Wrote:
> Remember what Minelab has already said in their Eq
> uinox Technologies #1:
>
>
Lee T
Multi-IQ copes with saltwater an
> d beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, howe
> ver BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding hi
> gh conductive silver coins in all conditions.
[
> /quote]
>
> So dedicated silver hunters may be disappointed.

Yes and that right there is what stops me on an Equinox purchase.--that & the battery system.
January 21, 2018 12:14PM
There is hardcore areas in the UK where this is the case, areas of high iron and junk from habitation dating back a long time, but many other areas are the opposite and very quiet.
I've a mix of both, but mainly i'm looking the low/mid conductors deep in old pastures that aren't ploughed or worked, but they are spread in manure a number of times each year, which is high in minerals and it kills the depth some machines can get, add in the air gap if the grass is long and it makes it challenging to get these small coins deeper than 6''

Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> Over here in the USA..... we want..... Depth ....D
> epth....... deep coins .....deep beach jewelry ...
> ....deep Relics
>
> Not so much over in the UK .....smaller more low
> conducive type relics / coins ...... mixed in with
> iron
>
> USA sales are minimal to minelab............. comp
> ared to the rest of the world.