Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sherwood Tx Courthouse is where I want to do the CZ6A Pro Video

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sherwood Tx Courthouse is where I want to do the CZ6A Pro Video
January 27, 2018 04:24AM
Hey Guys,
This beautiful courthouse is located in Sherwood Texas which is now mainly deserted but has a handful of folks living there. This is about 25 miles from where we now live and I have detected here before and did well. Now that we live her I hope to speak to some of the folks who own the lots and land there and detect in the empty lots because when Sherwood was booming it had everything from a hotel, bank and everything in between. There arent a lot of pics but from the few that are around this could be a nice place to possibly make some really nice finds. Its amazing to look at the pic of Sherwood from around 1890 and see the courthouse and all the buildings on the street the pic was taken on and stand there now and imagine how things were. Maybe a Morgan dollar or 2 somewhere lying around and who knows a nice little gold coin could be waiting just under the ground. Yes sir I can already tell that after a couple more weeks when we have got the last of the paperwork done and become an official resident, this fella is going to be out regular. The city I used to live in had several very old schools and a few old parks and that was about the best i could get, but holy Texan the problem here is where to start detecting first?? There is an old drive in theater about 5 miles up the road that a tornado destroyed in 1969 I believe and can still be seen on Google satellite view. The area where the screen was and the cars parked is still an open field pretty much and just waiting to be detected. My wife and I have visited her family here an average of twice a year for the last 8 or 9 years and I have always brought a couple detectors along and each time I have asked permission to hunt someone land etc all I was told was have at it my friend and if you find a big treasure holler at me... Really nice folks.. And with some actual treasure still to be found.... train-bank robbery loot never found so im quite sure that from now until the day I drop over and say adios homies there will be detecting adventures that might end up with some amazing finds... Thanks again fellas...
TH

Re: Sherwood Tx Courthouse is where I want to do the CZ6A Pro Video
January 27, 2018 04:29PM
Dig the iffies..don't know your competition but imagine area has been hunted heavy. Good luck and keep us in the loop...