Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

<The Name Game Is Over For Tesoro>

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
<The Name Game Is Over For Tesoro>
January 30, 2014 06:10PM
Hi,,,, Well the big suspense is over..LoL.. Tesoro has finally named their new and upcoming beast,, it's going to be called "Cazador"........JJ
Re: <The Name Game Is Over For Tesoro>
January 30, 2014 06:26PM
I wrote in for Caliente to no avail?
January 30, 2014 06:28PM
Excuse me, don't know what happened?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 06:44PM by rapidroy7.
January 30, 2014 06:40PM
Hi,,,I can only guess that they kinda knew what they wanted to name it a head of time...I wish them luck, it's a good company that makes a very good U.S. made product....If it turns out to be a machine with the features I want then I won't hesitate to purchase one....They really need to deviate from their current practice of repackaging the same old machine..If they don't then it could spell the demise of the company....JJ
January 30, 2014 07:02PM
I agree JJ, wish them success also my first machine was a Compadre wont ever sell it in fact bought a used Bandido ii also! They are starting to come around when I started Kellyco didn't carry them bought mine from Detector Depot & HH1&ALL
January 30, 2014 07:12PM
Ha, that's the name skiwiz and I picked ....last November ...remembering correctly. Do we win a prize?
January 30, 2014 07:56PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ha, that's the name skiwiz and I picked ....last
> November ...remembering correctly. Do we win a
> prize? They did't tell you, I won a trip to Ozztrailia. Be at your doorstep in a couple days ozzie, can't wait to try a cold Australian beer/vegemite sandwich/and see a real kangaroo. Some above zero temperatures won't be bad either. lol
January 30, 2014 08:17PM
First, I like the name, sounds good. And, I like the meaning!

I'm really curious if this machine will be a multi-tone machine that gets some depth.
I feel like that is really missing from the Tesoro line. That have some relatively deep machines, but adding tones to them would really add to the fun...

Any word yet?

Albert
January 30, 2014 08:33PM
January 30, 2014 08:52PM
Hi,, right now, I think that their major weakness is the lack of a machine with a bigger display plus more graphic segments for better ID'ing capabilities...There's a lot of people with the need or really want a machine with a nice display for indicating a probable good target....Sure they have the Cortez but I feel it needs a major overhaul....They need to add a ground balance while maintaining an accurate target ID system etc.... It is however,in my opinion a sleeper, with great depth capabilities plus at the same time it does not introduce an over abundance of unnecessary noise or chatter....The Golden Sabre just needs someone with the ability to reprogram the PIC to be in the right ballpark.....The Tejon & Outlaw could use my help or suggestions for some much needed improvements....The Compadre,Vaquero,Cibola etc. seem to be fine just the way they are....Sorry but I have not heard any news on their new machine or when they will unveil it....I hate to say it, but I feel they may be underpowered as far as making any major technological advances....The first indicator is their inability to resolve the tone issue related to the Golden Sabre....JJ

PS: Yes Ozzie & SkiWhiz you win a free tour of the Tesoro factory just call Rusty to claim your tickets..LoL..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 09:41PM by jimmyjiver.
January 30, 2014 09:38PM
I'll get packing ... and leave a note for the wife.... we'll come back in the spring.
January 30, 2014 09:41PM
anyone knows will be high end or a medium machine?
January 30, 2014 10:06PM
liaso Wrote:
> anyone knows will be high end or a medium machine?

Hi liaso,,,Boy that's anyones guess but if I had to do some speculating the logical answer would be, that they would be shooting for a high end, high dollar machine...I think they kinda got the low & mid range machines covered.....JJ
January 30, 2014 10:11PM
thanks jimmyjiver smiling smiley
January 31, 2014 12:55AM
Don't expect much. They don't have a whole lot of money. Great company though and what they do have are great!
January 31, 2014 01:40AM
Dirt Dawg Wrote:
> Don't expect much. They don't have a whole lot of
> money. Great company though and what they do have
> are great! I have no idea of what money they have or don't have but as the saying goes money isn't everything. All it takes is someone with a good brain and a few tools to make something special.
January 31, 2014 03:31PM
Tesoro seems to dance to their own drummer and since his children took over we got some deeper units, colors but basically reworks of older units.
Certainly going to be interesting to see if they included new technology or just reworked unit in their new unit.
Having said they above they do provide quality units reasonably priced but understand their liberal policies have changed for second owners relative warranties and repairs.
January 31, 2014 03:35PM
PS: have an older unit( golden sabre 11) that is as good or better on gold jewelry especially micro jewelry that anything on the market today...and their Compadre entry level unit is as good as any for tot lots and such.