Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox models 600/800 full instruction manual.

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox models 600/800 full instruction manual.
February 02, 2018 02:23AM
l [www.minelab.com]

Manual looks to be extremely good. Kudos Minelab and to those who helped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 03:12AM by Sod-buster.
Re: Equinox models 600/800 full instruction manual.
February 02, 2018 03:30PM
Thanks for the links, downloaded and will read on tablet. Nice to hear (in the other thread you mentioned) how great it is, makes it a fun read. I loved reading the E-Trac book, wouldn't mind a more detailed one if needed for Nox.
Hopefully my dealer will have them within the week so I can go detecting with my daughter (and her Q20).

Albert
February 02, 2018 05:02PM
Kind of strange US coins were squished on ID on both ends high and low. Most coins are 13-29. Lots of wasted ID space 0-10 and 30-40 IMO. Kind of like on the bounty hunter pro's. I guess it really doesn't matter if it's accurate but ID's definitely won't be jumpy that compress I don't think. Will be interesting to see how much trash does or doesn't overlap. Maybe this ID resolution leaves a huge hole to fill for the next higher end Multi-IQ machine that will replace Etrac/CTX down the road. Think Xterra vs Etrac. Sure they have the same raw performance but Etrac ID resolution sets it apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 05:04PM by detectingMO.
February 02, 2018 06:01PM
Thanks for letting us know.

I rely on operating manuals for about 80 percent of the information I need to make buying decisions, written field tests for about 15 percent and about 5 percent on youtube videos (most of the time I only use videos to hear what the audio sounds like). Operating manuals are a lot like field tests in that you have to read between the lines to get an idea of what to expect. This particular one is also being used as a marketing tool so you have to put better reading glasses on, though.

I think folks will like them even when it officially comes out it only processes 2 frequencies per program selection. Says so in marketing speak right there in the manual. The key part there though is that the noise cancel functions appropriately per program. Thats the best part of Minelab multi-frequency operation, the noise cancel, in my opinion. Stable operation goes a long way.

HH
Mike
February 02, 2018 06:53PM
Those 0-10.... thats what us wet sand hunters will be watching..... small gold/chains ect. Im not looking for a lot more fall thru your scoop target than the CTX....... but i do have hopes some of those small gold targets that the CTX cant see stay in the scoop.
February 02, 2018 07:06PM
I've been looking for this and its still not on the listing for manuals I just checked on the Minelab web site. Thanks for posting!!!!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 02, 2018 07:32PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been looking for this and its still not on th
> e listing for manuals I just checked on the Minela
> b web site. Thanks for posting!!!!

I checked on site it is there. Will post link.

Go to Minelab.com
Select metal detectors.
Select treasure detectors o
Select 800 Equinox
You should be here
[www.minelab.com]

Then select downloads.
Then see manual link.

Now Minelab may not have added to their library listing of manuals yet. I haven't look there.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 07:58PM by Sod-buster.
February 02, 2018 07:55PM
I've been checking the library and not seeing a listing. Again thanks for finding it!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 02, 2018 09:36PM
I wonder if this comes in the box or do we need to print it out like with the CTX? From what I read looks like it doesn't.
February 02, 2018 09:50PM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if this comes in the box or do we need to
> print it out like with the CTX? From what I read l
> ooks like it doesn't.

No instruction manual as part of shipped package.
This based on product release message as well as viewing package contents in the instruction manual.

Folks will get start up guide though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 09:52PM by Sod-buster.