Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone interested in a new XP Deus

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone interested in a new XP Deus
March 08, 2014 11:57PM
Comes with 11" coil, WS5 (large Headphones) , Remote, all standard stuff plus a extra $100 in accessories, your choice of items.
full Warranty also. If interested let me know. this is the New version 3.2
I may consider a trade for the right detector!!!

Tom in SC
Re: Anyone interested in a new XP Deus
March 09, 2014 12:05AM
Ouch! Just bought a used one this morning with both coils.

Tom, hang onto the Deus give it time.

Take care,
Paul (CA)
March 09, 2014 01:46AM
Why in the world would someone sell a perfectly good and NEW Deus!? That's like sacrilege!

I would take it if I didn't already own one ;-)

Looking for used ctx myself currently (preferably one that someone will take a new/unused AT Pro and 3 coils on trade for with some cash kicked in from my way)...

Know anyone??

Good luck with the Deus sale though Tom - should be an easy one ;-)
March 09, 2014 06:20AM
Hi Tom,please tell me what you dont like at deus?
March 09, 2014 01:46PM
Never used one but one of the best detector friends I have does and feels its the best he ever used and he has used a bunch.

I like the others say give the learning period some time to kick in...if not Tom sure is aces to deal with....
March 09, 2014 03:29PM
I have decided to keep the Deus and give it this summer to grow on me. I am not sure that there is anything that I do not like about it other than it is so little. the 11" coil does make a difference on depth.
I have Andy's book coming so that should help with the learning curve. Dan thanks for good rep. comment.
I plan to take it out to a site that I always find one more good target. We will see in the months ahead...

Tom in SC
March 09, 2014 04:14PM
What kind of depth are you seeing with the 11" coil on dime size targets . Are you having any issues with rusty old crown caps ? The Deus sure is a speed demon in the trash !
March 09, 2014 08:39PM
Had mine for 2yrs now Tom, it's a great machine, I still love it.

Give it some more time!

Aaron
March 09, 2014 10:23PM
With the right settings, I am seeing targets at 10" in trashy ground now. The rusty screw caps seem to be the worst. They high tone and give a solid 95 vid in two directions. But I guess for the good stuff, I don't mind digging one every now and then. If it had analog audio so you could hear it, then it would be a different out come....
Also if you pump up the Sens, you start to see a lot of false signals on the iron, but never a two way.

Tom in SC
March 09, 2014 11:47PM
Thanks for the info Tom . I hunt a lot with the CTX 3030 and it does great but would like another good deep detector to compliment it that is light weight .
March 10, 2014 12:00AM
T-Man

to check for a rusted bottle cap/iron

switch into 4khz and recheck target

if the numbers stay the same or rise - it's iron/junk

if the numbers drop (say from like 92/94 down to mid 80s or less) then you know you have a good target (good metal anyway)...

It's a good trick and saves you from diggin a bunch of those caps or other unwanted rusted iron/junk
March 10, 2014 02:41AM
Those rusted bottle caps can also mask good targets too, I like to dig them up just to get them out of the way especially in older areas.

Aaron
March 10, 2014 08:49AM
A steel bottle cap will 'mask' about 3 gallons of dirt.
March 10, 2014 09:56AM
Wow.... thats a lot of dirt Tom. Id think with the machines quick recovery that might reduce that some? Tom .... firt time i ever heard that comment.... ITS TO LITTLE. Most of us whine about these things being bulky and heavy. I rarely ever sell a machine until its paid for its self... then ive had the time on it, learned it and know what i like or dont like about it. The Explorer was a tricky machine to learn..... but within a year best money i ever spent.

Dew
March 10, 2014 12:41PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A steel bottle cap will 'mask' about 3 gallons of
> dirt.

Can one assume that it is effectively a "cylinder" of 3 gals of dirt? Or does location matter? I hunt a ton of trashy parks and they are a killer. I spend a lot of time cleaning up areas, and it does make a difference.

And as someone else mentioned, a quick/easy check with the Deus is to flip over to 4 kHz. If the VDI increases, it's a bottle cap. If it drops, you've got some other target. Also, this tip will not help if you have Norm ID on!

Rich
March 12, 2014 01:29AM
Yes...... like a cylinder. Think of a 3-gallon gas can .... in cylinder shape.
March 12, 2014 02:09PM
What if you have a machine and coil combo that will hit and ID a coin directly under a crown cap while discing out said cap when it is alone ??????
March 12, 2014 05:21PM
Silverhound if you have such technology you will be very rich......

The crown cap even if not heard and Disced out is still interfearing with the field of view....

Even wiper blade pattern DD's would not get the right look...

what we need is a coil with the ability to look like a low pressure tire ...have a tight pattern down 7 inches then flare out for the last 3- 4 inches.....BUT is it Doable?

Could you imagine coil pattern manipulation ability!!!

I for one have always wondered just exactly how the coil field looks in certain dirt's...

We know the airtest shapes that the manufacvturers show us but what really happens in the DIRT...is the field the same or is it distorted and attentuated into some sort of weird shapes...

Keith
March 12, 2014 05:36PM
Probably not possible radio wave technology.

Aaron
March 12, 2014 05:55PM
Could you imagine a coil full of hundreds of loops..Printed on a copper plate maybe...

Then as a piece fo iron travels under the coil anywhere thats magnetic under the coil shuts off the transmission in that section...

say a nail passes under the coil ... as you sweep it goes from one side fo the coil to the other and as it enters each sector the sector shuts off but the remaining areas stay hot...

instead of energizing the magnetic iron it kills the energy to it when detected.. maybe in some sort of a pulse action..

I could only see it working on small iron like nails...but to be able to not energize iron and still trasnmit into the gorund in a perfect pattern would be mindblowing...

Oh well ..Just a dream LOL!!!

and that would be a whole different technology to boot...But you never KNow what can happen it would not be a trasnmsit recieve but more of a transmit disrupt...

Keith
March 12, 2014 06:07PM
[www.youtube.com] this is an interesting detector..
March 12, 2014 08:37PM
Keith, sounds like you need to secure that idea!

Aaron
March 12, 2014 11:36PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith, sounds like you need to secure that idea!
>
> Aaron

I 2nd that!

I knew a guy back in the later 70s that said records and cassettes were going to become a thing of the past (phhht!)

He said the next thing was going to be small disc recordings that held as much music as an entire album but like 1/4th the size (which we all know as a CD these days) and he was working on a way to build these things --- he had the right idea but had the form of the device all wrong

he used a copper plate/disc and some sort of black stuff printed on the plates which he was trying to get the voice/music recorded on and to transfer/stick onto the plates but he moved before I ever seen if he actually got it to work or not but low and behold - within 10 yrs or so we had the invention of "CD's" (small disc recordings) and albums/cassettes became a thing of the past! lol
March 13, 2014 02:37AM
CD's?
What's that?
Now everything's downloaded!

Remember 8track cassettes when I was I kid, never did understand that....