Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Falsing

Posted by rapidroy7 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Falsing
March 15, 2014 04:08AM
[www.youtube.com] Have been running T2(stock coil) to start the season with the Garrett P.P. hanging like his haven't noticed any falsing going to check tomorrow. The Tesoro Amigo ll I have has aluminum bolt and plastic coil nut with threaded insert not sure how that works without falsing but it does?
Re: Falsing
March 15, 2014 05:30AM
Hey Roy on the Tesoro Amigo....Most likely the bolt is stainless ...the palstic black nut has a brass insert...that was tesoros design for years and years..

Whites used to used that style too...and Nautilus still uses a 1/4 Stainless bolt and wing nut of stainless...

whast unique is as long as the bolt moves with the coil disruption does nto occur...And plus a metal detector has a hard time sounding of on stainless to boot..

I alway's replace a machine that has stainless wiht a Nylon bolt myslef..But to be perfectly honest with you I have never seen any detrimental performance loss with Stainless...

Heck alot of machine's used to use the lower pole out of aluminum with just the isloator plastic at the bottom,,that's alot of aluminum next to the coil...My first T2 the Ribbed armrest one and the first run's on the non ribbed ones had an aluminum lower pole barrowed from the Bounty Hunter style...and it ran fine even at the high gain it offer's..

By the way that Ribbed design T2 was way HOT!!

Keith
March 15, 2014 11:07AM
The only thing ive been told is you could get a dead spot for using the SS. Also SS sometimes allows you to overtighten the ears on coils. As they wear what do most people do rather than change the rubber....crank them down again. that can cause an ear to crack or on some the coil to separate.

Dew
March 15, 2014 12:53PM
Seems like early T2's were noisy but newer models have been improved with better shielding...Had more than one older Tesoro with the metal nut but never saw a problem with it.
Like Keith always replaced with a plastic bolt just to feel more at ease and still believe in silent masking and the like...
March 15, 2014 02:46PM
It was shown that the F75 and the Garrett PP have masking issues , even with PP off.
I keep mine in opposite rear pocket.
March 16, 2014 08:01PM
Thanks for the knowledge Gentlemen, found out it was affecting me, slid everything further behind on belt. It was wet/cold zippered bibs sound off also, made some cool cold finds in them in past with them on. Guess the key is to isolate the signal out in front of you, away from your conductive body parts! HH