Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

All CZ fans

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
All CZ fans
March 13, 2014 12:17AM
I have a CZ70 PRO, with all coils. How dose the CZ70 PRO stack up to other CZ?. Is it better than ------ or even with the -------, Witch one is the best for coin and ring hunting? In parks, in fields, anywere. If it will stack up with the others i will send it to Tom to do his thing on it. I know he can make any of them better, just want to know it the CZ 70 PRO will work like the best. Thanks Flintstone
Re: All CZ fans
March 13, 2014 12:41AM
Flinstone,

The CZ70 Pro is a super unit and will stack up to any of the others ( providing it's up to par to start). Some of the features like notching, backlight, 4 tones, are above some of what the other analog CZ's have. The only think I do not like about the digital CZ's ( I had a CZ70 Pro and CZ7a) is the response is a tad slower than my CZ6a's (at least I have noticed that it is) and you can't fine tune the sensitivity ( but then again you can't inadvertently bump the sensitivity knob either !).

Since you can notch, you can eliminate the iron low tone and the coin/nickel high tone and concentrate on the 2 mid tones for gold and ring hunting ( but will miss rings in the nickel range).

Not sure if Tom D can tune a digital CZ....you have to ask him.
March 13, 2014 04:00AM
Flintstone,

Tom doesn't work on the CZ70. It has to do with it being water resistant, he doesn't have the parts to replace it once it's opened. I asked him to work on mine years ago too.

Aaron
March 13, 2014 12:54PM
Having owned all of the CZ models some twice CZ70 properly tuned is as good as any and notching is a nice feature not found on the analog CZ 's....I also believe Tom does not do the digital models but send him a PM.
March 13, 2014 07:34PM
"I also believe Tom does not do the digital models but send him a PM."

Has nothing to do w it being digital.
March 13, 2014 11:01PM
I know many may disagree,But all the digital CZ's I had were a little better in trash. And all the analog's CZ's I had were a little deeper. This maybe due to ground conditions or being able to fine tune the sens. setting a little higher as it will adjust in single digit's. JMHO.
March 13, 2014 11:51PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know many may disagree,But all the digital CZ's
> I had were a little better in trash. And all the
> analog's CZ's I had were a little deeper. This
> maybe due to ground conditions or being able to
> fine tune the sens. setting a little higher as it
> will adjust in single digit's. JMHO.

But I will add that if you are lucky enough to find one of the hot CZ-70 Pro's that you can run the Sens. up to 6 with out falsing,Then you have the best of both world's!
March 17, 2014 01:31AM
Thanks All, The 70 PRO dose good with the little 5" coil. I had it out the other day and got wheat pennies at 6" and one was at 7" i think but the dirt fell back in on it so don,t know for sure. I was just going to have tom to check it out, but at that depth i think it is ok. I will hunt with the 8" coil next and let everyone know what it dose. Thanks for all in put. Flintstone