Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Kruzer Manual Available- Note ( Manual has had a few changes since first posted for download)

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just wondering

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 01:20PM by Sod-buster.
Re: Any update on Multi Kruzer operator's manual availability
February 04, 2018 07:16AM
Is it not standard for the manuals to come out when the detector is released?

I know Nokta/Makro do manage to get some out before the units are released BUT aint we asking a little too much from these guys when FT still haven't got the manuals out for their already released plus plus's? eye rolling smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 04, 2018 08:05AM
Dilek asked me to read the draft Kruzer manual. I reviewed it and sent her a list of suggested fixes and clarifications on January 29.

For the previous two manuals I edited for Nokta/Makro, she incorporated the updates and released the manual
very quickly. This time, a couple of my suggestions might have required her to meet with engineering or others to
clarify just what the manual should say.

In addition, I don't think I'm the only person who is sending her suggested edits. It may take her a while to
put together everything from everyone;

The manual she sent me was in very good shape. Overall, it looked good. My edits were generally minor and
should be included easily. I'm hoping she can release the finished manual soon, which she said was her intent.
(I'm always curious to see if they agree with my suggestions and how they respond to my questions.)

I can't speak for Dilek, but I'll be surprised if we don't see the Kruzer manual posted really soon.
February 09, 2018 09:33AM
As posted on the main Kruzer announcement thread (by Rustic Charm), the Kruzer User Manual has
been posted at:

[www.makrodedektor.com]

For those who downloaded it on Feb. 7 or 8, I recommend you download it again.
It has been updated. In fact, I just emailed another suggested fix to Dilek, so it
might get another update quickly. (We'll see if she agrees with my change.)
February 09, 2018 04:18PM
Thanks TallTom, We will blame you for all delays ok. No thanks for your input, without people like you we may not even be able to turn a detector on.
More news on the Kruzer User Manual:

It has been updated (slightly) once again, on Feb. 12. So if you want the current copy,
download it again. The link I posted a couple of messages ago in this thread is still
the one to use.

However, one of my suggested edits has again not been included. Maybe one of you
Kruzer testers can try out the procedure below and tell me if I'm just wrong about this.

The paragraph below is the one in question. It's the second paragraph on page 17 (about Notch),
and the way it looks now (as of Feb. 12), is as follows:

========================
To give an example; let's say you want to reject IDs between 20-25 and the cursor is at 10.
Press the plus (+) button until you reach number 20. Then push the SELECT button once.
Number 20 will be marked with a line. When you reach number 25 using the (+) button
again, IDs between 20-25 will be filtered out and they will be shown on the ID scale with 4
lines (every 2 consecutive IDs are represented with 1 line).
========================

I have suggested that they change the last sentence from "4 lines" to "3 lines".

Am I correct, or does the Kruzer really show 4 lines if you notch the numbers shown in
the paragraph? I'm thinking it will work like the Nokta Impact, and will show 3 lines.
That's one line each for 20-21, 22-23, and 24-25, for a total of three lines.

By the way, the Nokta Impact User Manual has a virtually identical paragraph, and
it says "3 lines", not "4 lines".

So please, can any Kruzer user tell me if the number of lines shown is 3 or 4?

Thanks.