Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Second Relic hunt with both Deus & GldMaxx Power

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Second Relic hunt with both Deus & GldMaxx Power
March 31, 2014 07:28PM
Went hunting with a local friend yesterday, Hit a few sites even followed up with a site been doing research on and eventually settled and hunted in one area the remainder of day.

Used both Deus and GMP which officially makes it relic hunt No. 2 for the two, Dug allot of trash in fact the older larger iron pieces are not mixed in with the trash pic below was a long haul back to the pickup so reburied the old iron down near the site.

Another area and not too far from the area the pictures were taken is a Butterfield Stage stop and an Adobe on opposite side down the creek, Was a log day mostly on the road and a follow-up on an old site for possible future hunt but in all we did ok with the finds we made.

Below are yesterdays Deus and GMP finds before and after cleaning them up, Every since getting the two machines never regretted it for a second. Both are serious relic machines, Picked up another reale button find and a first for me a cool (Dragoons Button), The seated 1/2 dime was the last find of the day was a deep weak signal almost passed it up but luckily as exhausted as I was made the effort and dug her up.

Thanks for looking,

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2014 07:30PM by Old California.
Re: Second Relic hunt with both Deus & GldMaxx Power
March 31, 2014 08:04PM
Nice!

Can't wait to get out to an iron site with my machines too ;-)

Just too mucky/muddy here for now ---- couple weeks for that one yet here in Michigan.

Thanks for sharing

HH
March 31, 2014 08:04PM
Those are some great buttons and seated is really sweet. Looks like beautiful place to hunt.

Aaron
March 31, 2014 10:44PM
It’s nice when research pays off.

Congrats on the finds.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
March 31, 2014 11:00PM
Good day detecting, Paul. Looks like snake territory...come across any rattlers?
April 01, 2014 01:45AM
Nice finds buddy! Your a beast Paul!!
April 01, 2014 02:26AM
Beautiful country there Paul!!

Nice seated!!

What's the name on the back of the 4 holer?

We have some 4 holers over this way that can be pretty rare..

especially some made by the confederacy...

Keith
April 01, 2014 06:49PM
Thanks Wayne, Aaron, ozzie, Ray, Dig's a-lot, and Keith,

No Rattlers yet ozzie but they are starting to come out, Will be seeing them soon up in Gold County hopefully get out there before it get's too hot.

Wayne, You'll have lot's of time to relic hunt soon hang in there the mud will eventfully dry up smiling smiley

Aaron, Yes lot's of beautiful places to hunt here in California and lot's NOT so beautiful places to hunt too smiling smiley

Dig's a-lot, Sometimes researching is more enjoyable than metal detecting, At least it is for me smiling smiley

Ray, Some day we'll get together for a day even if it's pounding coins out of Stockton parks or what's left that is smiling smiley I know you still enjoy using the Sovereign so do I can't shake off the old heavy boat anchor, Below is a current pic of my updated GT.

Keith, Had a hard time reading the fine letters from the button, But here is what I could make of it and of course I'm sure most of these are wrong.

HUF PAKDHUM RTCMARDE

Can't make heads or tails from this but later in the near future will try and clean up the button see if I can get a better look at the fine button lettering, Wasn't aware some of these are rare always thought they were just a plain button.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

April 01, 2014 11:47PM
Pretty country.
Sweet finds. The half dime and dragoon buttonn are super finds. Never seen a reale button.
Corey
April 02, 2014 03:21AM
Hey Paul,sold the sovereign couple years back when decided to stick to relic/gold. But would love to hunt with you and El again...we should figure out a spot halfway. Ray
April 02, 2014 04:48PM
Thanks Corey,

Yes the Dragoon button was a surprise, Was so dirty took it for an old button at first then after a good scrub at home that night seen the neat button smiling smiley

Thanks again,
Paul
April 02, 2014 04:49PM
you bet ray, We'll get together this year for sure!

Paul