Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom, we'd really like to hear your opinions on the Equinox

Posted by Bayard 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom, we'd really like to hear your opinions on the Equinox
February 07, 2018 04:13PM
Steve H. is in love with his Equinox; but, he's not a serious coin hunter like you. The coin hunters and beach hunters would really like to know what you think.
Re: Tom, we'd really like to hear your opinions on the Equinox
February 07, 2018 04:32PM
Yes , we don't all live in Peaksvillespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

contact minelab

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 04:35PM by shoveler.
February 07, 2018 04:38PM
I agree. I don't understand why with machines shipping mine lab doesn't cut all of the testers loose to talk about machine and release videos that aren't edited and show true hunts. Unless maybe some opinions aren't as glowing of it replacing all other vlfs? Not sure but gonna sit right here on the fence between the Kruzer and the equinox until I hear real world hunts of each instead of going on what is on paper
February 07, 2018 05:06PM
Engineering testers are not normally released to talk about the process they went through - it’s a key part of product development and involves a lot of detail of software and hardware design which will remain proprietary.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 07, 2018 05:12PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Engineering testers are not normally released to t
> alk about the process they went through - it’s a k
> ey part of product development and involves a lot
> of detail of software and hardware design which wi
> ll remain proprietary.

That is common knowledge. I doubt Tom is under any more restriction than Steve H., and Steve has extensively praised the Equinox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 05:26PM by Bayard.
February 07, 2018 05:37PM
simple layman's report would suffice Tom.....
February 07, 2018 05:37PM
Don't need to know the process or anything just his and others opinion on the machine as detectorist
February 07, 2018 06:01PM
Um, if I were indeed wanting info on a detector from a user/tester, what kind of info would I want?

Seems to me I would be interested in knowing how the detector compares to at least certain other models.

If a person told me the E was deep, or then E separated well, or the E unmask well, or was stable in salt water.
What is this really telling me? IMO not much.

So since Equinox for the most part is still not in purchasers hands, I wouldn't be expecting a tester to be posting and comparing the E to other models.

Sure in time yes, not yet I don't think.

And most folks here already know, just an overall generalization of detector won't do here for a lot of folks. So can of worms gets opened, and one question after another starts being asked.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 06:10PM by Sod-buster.
February 08, 2018 01:47AM
Steve H. will give you the up-n-up on a detector, but that is GOLD HUNTING. Do we gold hunt, NO I don,t have any gold I can hunt with a detector. If the thing would dig it out and put it in my bag, I can't
, use it unless I move to Cal. OR AZ. Then I would jump on one. Now when someone can tell me about coins and other things in parks and fields. I might jump on it then. I can wait, I have other detectors I have done very good with.
February 08, 2018 03:09AM
Rick has a valid point. Since I'm on the physics/engineering side of the house.......... I still have not been given a 'go' to speak about it yet.
(((shoveler......valid)))
February 08, 2018 10:14AM
With Tom being involved in his area of expertise... before not after this machine hit the streets.... we've got to see a better machine than it started out being.

I dont raw gold hunt either, nor even coin hunt any more...... im a jewelry hunter. It may or not be a park or relic machine...... you guys have a ton of machines to choose from. We have about 3 real beach machine...... this one should fit in nicely. But as an over all machine....... she sure looks good. Im tired of lugging the heavy CTX around. Going to be one heck of a seller..... and if it proves its self to be a true all around detector then other companies are really going to have to do the same.

Dew
February 08, 2018 01:55PM
NASA Tom is NOT the problem----his professionalism keeps him from violating agreements with whomever.

Is there Anyone who doesn't believe this teacher of men isn't chomping at the bit to enlighten/share with his forum all his findings on the most publicized,deservedly or not,detector recently marketed??
February 08, 2018 04:03PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rick has a valid point. Since I'm on the physics/e
> ngineering side of the house.......... I still hav
> e not been given a 'go' to speak about it yet.
> (((shoveler......valid)))

makes sense, but I'm really curious as to how it compares to the F75, hint hint, wink wink, lol
February 10, 2018 01:39PM
Tom, can you give us your opinion on the Equinox after the first regular consumer opens the box or does your NDA put you on a delay?
February 10, 2018 02:13PM
You guys might as well leave Tom alone. I bet he likes his nox so much he isnt home much anymorespinning smiley sticking its tongue out