Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOO numerous

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
TOO numerous
April 07, 2014 10:12AM
I have been receiving many comments (in the form of PM's & e-mails) about the beach hunting DVD from specifically inland/land-locked/dirt hunters.... that are TOO numerous to discount. For what it's worth..... it appears to be helping/improving inland dirt hunters via the following (PM's & e-mails) observations:

* Micro-jewelry hunting at parks where there are sand playgrounds/swingsets and sand volleyball courts.
* Gold ring on a string (dental floss) sink-rate demonstration...... fully applicable as to 'why & how' targets sink in dirt.
* All-metal mode..... relic hunting how's, why's, attributes.
* Jewelry hunting in rivers, lakes, swimming holes.
* Target conductivity ID.... especially silver & gold.

These are the top five observations that I have extrapolated out of the messages....... and will spare all of the other rationale. This is not to be a 'sales pitch' for the beach DVD; but rather..... the thought that any help/tip(s) that boost your dirt detecting success.....is an attribute..... as time & life are finite.
Re: TOO numerous
April 07, 2014 12:45PM
Not an attaboy but a truism...Having watched and read some of Tom's work he sure bring out some good points whether you are a newbie or an oldbie.
April 07, 2014 05:43PM
I to have the dvd, I've been detecting since the 80's, almost 57 years old, I learned a lot on your video. Don't have any beaches near me but it still taught this old dog a lot!!!!. Great Video! Thanks Tom!
April 07, 2014 07:21PM
Being a inland flatlander myself the beach DVD is loaded with info, helped me to understand all-metal mode & operation better. The info on jewelry alone is worth the cost , hope more are to follow ? HIH
April 08, 2014 04:10AM
Is it safe to say inland could mean freshwater? I've seen saltwater once in the past 20 years. I need a freshwater machine and perhaps this DVD. As far as I can see the "old" tiger shark is still a super machine in freshwater.
April 08, 2014 12:03PM
Yes...... there's a section on fresh water (at a lake/swimming-hole) that covers a lot of data.
If you are inland hunting for jewelry....... make sure you do NOT have a unit that is locked in 'salt' mode. Tiger shark is good........ but try a Gold Bug-2 against it (head-to-head) with true gold open hoop earrings ..... and stud earrings. Hunt wisely.
April 08, 2014 03:54PM
Anyone who water hunts, especially ocean needs to study the beach DVD. Incredible amount of info on it.

Aaron
April 08, 2014 04:24PM
Thanks Tom. The gold bug is not waterproof though? I fortunately have areas I can hunt that are swimming holes that haven't been hunted. Also old native sites that give up lots of copper. Soil is neutral generally. What I need is a waterproof freshwater machine (is the cz21 hard wired for salt). And yes, I want to hunt wisely. I may need three machines really.
April 08, 2014 04:45PM
Toms only using the GB II as a example in comparing the sensitivity for micro jewelry as no water detectors compare to it unless you go to a PI or AquaStar.

Aaron
April 08, 2014 08:56PM
No PI is a 'micro jewelry' hunter............. not even the AquaStar-II. Currently........ a micro-jewelry PI unit is only a pipe-dream.

Yes.......... CZ-20 & CZ-21 are 'salt' units only. They are gold-dead on micro, tiny & small gold items (as are all 'salt' mode detectors).

Yes.......... Gold Bug-2 is NOT waterproof. (((That would open up another market))).