Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST FINDS BIG SPANISH SILVER grinning smiley

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST FINDS BIG SPANISH SILVER grinning smiley
February 08, 2018 10:39PM
Took a field trip to field test the new Makro Multi Kruzer on the Spanish Trail: [youtu.be]

I tested the 2-TONE, 3-TONE and 4-TONE search modes exclusively. Out of these three modes, the 4-TONE is hands down the hottest, with 2-TONE and 3-TONE about tied. 4-TONE is extra sparky, and does it LOVE silver!

I mentioned this in another post, but I did previously run into EMI issues on a consistent basis at one of these sites when I had my F75 LTD, and even after upgrading to the F75 LTD2, EMI was pretty noticeable, but tolerable. I was running the extra sparky 4-TONE mode on the Multi Kruzer, and it ran flawlessly, not even a hint of EMI (except when you set the machine down to dig). 3-TONE mode handles EMI better then 4-TONE, but 4-TONE is more powerful and hence, more susceptible to EMI. I had a great time, and I'm amazed at what was found from our "hunted out" sites. The Multi Kruzer in 19kHz 4-TONE mode is a confidence builder in that you do not feel you are not leaving targets behind, unlike I've experienced with some other detectors.

Funny story - The site I dug the seated dime you'll see in the video isn't really a big secret, a couple dozen period coins (British gold coin, reales, seateds, IHP's, etc.) have been recovered at it. It's getting tough, the last time I was there prior to this trip, I didn't get any period coins. It has sea of nail environs, with myriads of shotgun, riffle and small arms shells to weed through. Just a few days before I went on my trip, Tom got a call from one of his detecting acquaintances that he saw the site and asked if he knew anything about it. Ended up that he and another guy detected it with a CTX and a Dues XP and got no coins. I went in and hunted right behind them (I could see their dig holes, as unfortunately they didn't even bother to fill them in) and managed to pull out a nice seated dime. The icing on the cake was that the dime was only a couple of feet from one of their dig holes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Spanish Trail Multi Kruzer Road Trip Wrap-Up Video: [youtu.be]

This is the same site I tested the Makro Racer 2 when it was first publicly released: [youtu.be]

HH,
Cal
Re: MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST FINDS BIG SPANISH SILVER grinning smiley
February 08, 2018 11:36PM
God to hear, Cal. Thanks for the hands on report.
February 08, 2018 11:51PM
Enjoyed the video, Brian. Some really nice finds and hunting. Love the 2 Reale. Got my first one back in Jan., 1812 1/2 Reale. The Eagle buttons looked in really nice condition. HH jim tn
February 08, 2018 11:58PM
OOooohhh, you just *had* to throw in some jabs about how your hunting partner wrote off the site as "worked out", eh ? Hmmm, I wonder who you could be talking about ? haha I hate that site d/t the amount of heavy soldered cans to wade through. And if you look at your final video's post-game recap, and compare the admitted hours spent vs the amount of actual conductors dug, ... you can see that the place is HARD work for the stuff. Ie.: ratio of time to conductors has been better at other sites, as you know. smiling smiley

The site where you allude to 2 other hunters having been there just a week prior, were using a Deus and Etrac. Not Deus and CTX. They got probably the same amount of conductive targets as you did. So you just got lucky (oh ... ok .... skill) to get over the coin.

Nice videos! You've got a real appreciation for age-indicator relics. And ... heck, to even get a coin predating 1800 puts you into "stud-muffin" status for CA hunters. Pre-1800 coins litter every east coast sandbox. But for us, we have to work to get that old smiling smiley

thanx Brian !
February 09, 2018 12:07AM
Thanks for the cool videos, Brian. Great job hunting! I think the new machine is going to be a keeper.
February 09, 2018 01:31AM
Good work there Brian.

Sounds like most of the sites I hunt in with all the iron!

Congrats on the reale and other nice digs (love that ornate suspender adjuster buckle) thumbs down
February 09, 2018 01:32AM
Thanks for the informative videos and congrats on the great finds. If you get a moment, could you please post the settings your were using in 4-tone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 02:34AM by pine3874.
February 09, 2018 04:24AM
Nice hunt and finds.
Extremely good video.
Thanks for sharing.

Glad you got to test Multi Kruzer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 04:26AM by Sod-buster.
February 09, 2018 04:53AM
Great rundown CC - Nice spanish silver - congrats

Loved your vids smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 09, 2018 05:33AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Pre-1800 coins litter every east coast sandbox. But for us, we have to work to get that old smiling smiley
>
> thanx Brian !

I see the smiley face but have to take exception to your intimating that pre 1800s coins are easy-peasy on the east coast. Maybe for the Hoover Boys, but certainly not where I detect. It took me hundreds of hours detecting to find my 1700s coin, and may very well take just as many to (hopefully) find the next. And I've yet to find any spanish silver.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 09, 2018 09:40AM
Just noticed on the reale there was an "X" on the obverse. I pulled one a few years back that also had an X scratched into the kings face.

May have been Keith S. that told me that people scratched an X if they didn't like the king on the coin,... interesting tid-bits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 09:44AM by ozzie.
February 09, 2018 02:19PM
Great video and report AND a beautiful opening with NO blasting music.