Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher CZ's Vs. Old and more

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher CZ's Vs. Old and more
April 24, 2014 03:48PM
I don't want to spam the "for sale" CZ threads so thought to start some questions here. Easier to find with the search function also.
If anyone knows, please take a stab.

1. What is the difference in parts, etc. between a new Fisher CZ3D and an older (e.g. 1021) CZ3D? I thought the new ones couldn't be tuned but now have realized they can. I see some new tuned ones (Harold's) have hit 12" on a dime (more typically 10"), which is about the max (12") an old one got? I imagine this should translate the same in ground... One would think Fisher could standardize the depth better.

2. Would it be a stretch for Fisher to develop a CZ that could run a DD coil AND Concentric? I wonder the advantage disadvantage here. I mean I've seen videos of CZ3D's (e.g. Dirtfisher) pulling some shallowr and deeper 9"+ coins out of heavily hunted parks so trash still has to exist there... I didn't think that was Concentric land but gues a DD will miss certain targets as will a Concentric, so perhaps they actually compliment one another.
If Fisher can put a higher performance yet lighter CZ into a F75LTD like package, wow! Actually, these are the rumors for the last few years.

3. Your questions ;-)

Thanks,
Albert
Re: New Fisher CZ's Vs. Old and more
April 24, 2014 04:01PM
Albert,

Tom has posted some pretty enlightening information IRT the old Los Banos CZs,and their build quality, especially the woman who wired up all the concentric coils.

There's been tons of stuff regarding this issue just over the past 4yrs. Try searching in Jan 2010, that's when I returned my new 3D in because it was only air testing 6", it was a VERY BIG deal, and even Mike Scott got involved and called me.

Aaron
April 24, 2014 06:35PM
Hi Aaron, thanks for the comment and my apologies if I asked a redundant question. I know I've seen something mentioned on why CZ's are concentric (and found it below).
BTW - Best search term I found was just a simple CZ 1021, lots of results (25 pages). Make sure to go advanced and look back and get all dates.

Regarding parts used in CZ's now - [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Regarding a CZ DD coil - Found something linked from Bertman [www.dankowskidetectors.com] [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
But, it doesn't get into a future design on a CZ using a DD. I'm sure there must be a way...

I might have to find a Tom tuned (12" on a dime with 8.5" coil) and make some nice videos ;-)

Albert
ps - I'm starting to bookmark CZ threads now! lol Anyone already have a collection?
pss - Interesting post:
"What I have found after testing numerous 1021 and 1121 CZ-3D's over the years..." [www.findmall.com]
April 24, 2014 07:00PM
Not to throw a monkey wrench in but Tom can tune a Cz-5 with 3-D specs without the extra foil-tone, you might have it all-ready [www.docstoc.com] ? HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 07:03PM by rapidroy7.
April 24, 2014 07:52PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Albert,
>
> Tom has posted some pretty enlightening
> information IRT the old Los Banos CZs,and their
> build quality, especially the woman who wired up
> all the concentric coils.
>
> There's been tons of stuff regarding this issue
> just over the past 4yrs. Try searching in Jan
> 2010, that's when I returned my new 3D in because
> it was only air testing 6", it was a VERY BIG
> deal, and even Mike Scott got involved and called
> me.
>
> Aaron

Aaron what did they end up doing with your CZ3D? Inspiring minds want to know? Lol
April 24, 2014 07:57PM
88junuior-

The best Felix and Daniel could do with it was a 9" air test.
There's only so much that be done with a machine isn't made up to specs.

Needless to say I dumped it and got the #1021

Aaron
April 24, 2014 08:02PM
Albert..

I'm sure the new czs can be tuned..

they may be using NEW parts but there just parts that are compliant...mercury...lead...etc...

but that would be the difference....

On the meters I'm wondering how long they can keep a supplier...

DD coils...the cz replacement will use the BiAxial i would think...the cz replacement will probably be a cz with modern tricks..

keith
April 25, 2014 12:54PM
First and foremost think the CZ will go the way of the Dodo bird and become extinct as they are pushing their F units and understand CZ's are more expensive to produce thus less profit.

Newer CZ3D's are made in Mexico thus the difference between old and new but believe can tuneup any analog old or new. Heck my new Ford Fusion is made in Mexico and well top shelf as far as I am concerned.

Understand impossible to make a DD coil for a CZ so don't hold your breath unless they come out with a newer CZ makeup version.