Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deuss vs F75 SE

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deuss vs F75 SE
April 24, 2014 10:46PM
I am thinking about purchasing a new WS4 package Deuss. I will have to trade in my F75 to make the deal happen. I am looking to use it for Civil War relic hunting with an occasional coin hunt. I have a CZ3D for coin hunting. I was wondering if you folks could help me with any information (good or bad) having used both machines. Any info would be appreciated......
Re: XP Deuss vs F75 SE
April 24, 2014 11:19PM
I've got both, and love both.

Both are killer in iron. The LTDs gonna get you deeper though, tons of horse power. And the 5" coil is amazing in iron, something the DEUS doesn't have yet, 9" coil is the smallest for DEUS.

My DEUS isn't as prone to EMI as the LTD, I usually can run it at 95, depending where I'm at here in the city I usually have to keep the LTD around 80 or lower. It's probably still getting more depth than the DEUS though.

Why do you want to move up to the DEUS?

Aaron
April 24, 2014 11:52PM
I'm listening.............................
April 25, 2014 02:35AM
I have both and grab the Deus 75% of the time, I'm not so sure the F75 is deeper than the Deus when its set up right in the right freq. with the same size coil. the Deus is an amazing detector. The 9" coils separation is as good or better than most detectors with smaller coils. My old arm likes the lite wt. too.
April 25, 2014 10:42AM
I'm actually trying to thin my herd of detectors and make some space.I figure this machine could really be a do it all machine. Not sure about having to charge 3 components to make the thing work......
Thanks for all the input.....
April 28, 2014 05:40PM
You really only need to charge two in order for it to work and they all charge together anyway. I use both and find the Deus because of weight and size my first choice. I'd agree that the F 75 does seem to get deeper but the deus IMHO seems to give better seperation of trash and treasure.
April 28, 2014 06:34PM
Having to charge 3 components for the DEUS is really not a issue.

The the charger charges all 3 at the same time, and they hold power for a long time.

Aaron
April 28, 2014 06:40PM
Those new batteries they use in the Deus really make it user friendly.
Just look at it like a fuel tank.
Some people run it till it's empty, some just top up at the end of the day.
Ready for another day.

As for batteries losing charge, very minimal. No need to worry about that.

I really like the system used on the F75 as well. You can buy them just about everywhere and it just keeps on going.

HH
Johnb
April 29, 2014 11:10PM
The one thing that I dislike about the F75 LTD is the tones. Or should I just say grunts. The Deus has much better sound to identify targets.
April 30, 2014 12:12AM
First Texas has poor iron tone structure ..No identity...Not conveying..

Its the digital audio I believe.

Garrett on the other hand seems to have created a digital machine with more analog type full picture iron audio...

the XPs have good audio as well

The Deeptech's has some great audio for iron relic picking in a barrage of nails like no other I have seen to date...

heres a vid of it in action in a nail bed yet pulls some relics made of iron by the TALKITIVE audio it has...
[www.youtube.com]

Jump to the 9 minute mark if you want to skip the first parts..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 12:13AM by Keith Southern.
April 30, 2014 02:31AM
Keith,

The creek in the video, did you ever check it out?
April 30, 2014 06:03AM
I run the F75 in Delta Pitch tones, very smooth toneset with a decent range from low to high.
But then I'm not working around iron, mostly just above small foil range.

Agree that the other tone options have much more of a beep/grunt to them.

Couldn't get used to the XP way of doing things. It well indeed blend 2 tones into one output.
Maybe I needed to persevere with the new version Pitch tonality. But then I added the F75 to the stable, go figure.

I had read up on both machines as much as I could,... but there is really no telling whether you will like it or not, untill your swinging it.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First Texas has poor iron tone structure ..No
> identity...Not conveying..
>
> Its the digital audio I believe.
>
> Garrett on the other hand seems to have created a
> digital machine with more analog type full picture
> iron audio...
>
> the XPs have good audio as well
>
> The Deeptech's has some great audio for iron relic
> picking in a barrage of nails like no other I have
> seen to date...
>
> heres a vid of it in action in a nail bed yet
> pulls some relics made of iron by the TALKITIVE
> audio it has...
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Jump to the 9 minute mark if you want to skip the
> first parts..
>
> Keith

HH
Johnb
May 01, 2014 03:10AM
No Ron I have not checked it or quite a few others I know of in the same type setting....

I need to work on that I guess...

Never done much water hunting....

thanks for asking..

Keith
May 01, 2014 11:11AM
Keith, I think you showed a pic of that creek before, or one that's similar. Put on your snake proof waders, bud... and leave the camera on the bank.
May 01, 2014 12:00PM
Looks like a perfect place for the CTX and we could get a good water report on the CTX. Were using you Keith.LOL
PacMan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 12:03PM by Pac man.
May 01, 2014 12:51PM
Yeah I'd like to think I'd be all over that creek too. I've got a creek on a old site however the bottom is very silty and muddy. I've been wondering if it be worth all the trouble. I can picture my waders and machine covered in mud and not finding anything after its said and done....

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 01:05PM by Aaron.
May 01, 2014 03:24PM
Kieth,

I think you need to check out that creek. Some soldier probably stopped to get a drink and when he bent over he lost his gold coin(s). Isn't this calling you to be checked out. Wait.......I think I can hear it calling you (Kieth, Kieth). Did you hear that!!!!! lol
May 01, 2014 04:14PM
Every time I hear about a creek down south in the woods I think of that guy last year who found all those silver Morgans, one after another....

Aaron
May 01, 2014 07:12PM
The Garrett guy using the ATPro? Remembering correctly, there were Pieces of Eight and other foreign coins in the mix....same guy Aaron?
May 01, 2014 07:44PM
Yep, that's the guy Ozzie.

I'm surprised the Feds didnt go after him too, after all that could have been stolen from some bank or Well Fargo carrier too...yuk yuk ; )

After the what happened out west I'm sure people are going to think twice before they start broadcasting it.

Aaron