Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Toms review

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Toms review
February 18, 2018 01:38PM
Am I the only one who has missed Toms review on the EQ? Ive not seem even many comments. I guess hes been released. ... but the restrictions are to great. What are we missing. Call me suspicious. ... but im not liking the lack of info the dealers have on prices and accessories. Now Toms either busy.... or cant answer many of our questions. Ive not seen anyone from fl showing or discussing its ability here in the salt water..... did they limit us? Maybe the Fl guys are just keeping quiet? All these dirt test.....its a bit different in salt water.... we cant swing the coil repeatedly that fast. We may get one shot ...hit or miss over a target so we need more info from someone like Tom on adjusting those recovery speed, iron bias, and explain why.... default is 0 for beach setting which is uncommonly used for MLs. Silent running has always been a disadvantage for weak targets... is this machine different?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 03:43PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Toms review
February 18, 2018 09:03PM
Not too busy.
Restricted.
February 18, 2018 10:05PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not too busy.
> Restricted.

Tom, does that mean you can never update this list with Equinox info?-->[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 10:08PM by newguy.
February 19, 2018 01:32AM
tom. we see videos by various guys now using the Nox. Can't you do a video like those just showing us the different ways it can be set up and ways that worked for you without saying anything that would infringe on ML's toes? You don't have to talk about what CPU is used or things like that. No bias, just how you set it up and how you found it to be. Know what I'm getting at? you've had it the longest so you know it better than anyone for sure. Shed some light for us from outer space NASA man.
February 19, 2018 01:45AM
(Repeat post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 01:47AM by go-rebels.
February 19, 2018 01:46AM
It could be a week, a month or years. Only Minelab can say.
February 19, 2018 01:57AM
This is frustrating. I know it’s my second post, but Nokta was so open and Tom shared so much info on design input, settings etc.
I wish more companies operated like Nokta/Makro and worked with the public on feedback, instead of operating in a cave and burn after reading policies.
February 19, 2018 02:24AM
Were tester reports as restricted when the CTX and others came out? HH jim tn
February 19, 2018 02:46AM
What concerns me is they have others that can talk about it. If they are permitting some but shutting others down what would be the reason? All I know is they are close to losing several customers from buying a equinox just because I and others don't like selective secrecy
February 19, 2018 02:52AM
Ever think of this.
Mr Dankowski might be testing another detector(s) for another manufacturer. Might be more than Minelab that stands in his way from an ethical standpoint.
February 19, 2018 03:07AM
Two points:

One, Tom always gives a fair an unbias opinion. I would think that may be the main reason for his restriction.

Two, while this conspiracy to keep information continues, it is up to the users to convey the info about the Nox.

I feel that we depend TOO much on field reports from the pros. We have become TOO reliant on what they say. Maybe ML wants us to make up our own mind as to if the Nox is good or not.
February 19, 2018 03:10AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Two points:
>
> One, Tom always gives a fair an unbias opinion. I
> would think that may be the main reason for his re
> striction.
>
> Two, while this conspiracy to keep information con
> tinues, it is up to the users to convey the info a
> bout the Nox.
>
> I feel that we depend TOO much on field reports fr
> om the pros. We have become TOO reliant on what th
> ey say. Maybe ML wants us to make up our own mind
> as to if the Nox is good or not.

Probably the best post on this forum in years.

Nice one Beyonder.

To think I actually learned how to ride a bicycle at 5 years old. Using only one training wheel. Why? Cause I ran into a car in drive way and knocked one of the training wheels off. In the end I was a much more proficient and skilled as a bicyclist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 03:23AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 19, 2018 03:22AM
Not conspiracy on my part from what everyone is saying the nox is one heck of a detector in the dirt and a superb beach detector, for me I just don't like silencing a very informative source of information so they may not get my money, to many other excellent detectors out there to chose from
February 19, 2018 04:14AM
Pedlar mills Wrote:
> Not conspiracy on my part from what everyone is sa
> ying the nox is one heck of a detector in the dirt
> and a superb beach detector, for me I just don't l
> ike silencing a very informative source of informa
> tion so they may not get my money, to many other e
> xcellent detectors out there to chose from

So far, I agree entirely. I really enjoy using it, and it is one hell of a machine. SO different from the CTX and so far, so spot on with TID.
February 19, 2018 01:24PM
I remember asking several questions in that long EQ post. .... I believe Steve was the only guy who made an attempt to at least answer one of them. When/if I still get one ill figure it out. Or wait on Andys book lol.