Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is it possible with Multi-IQ technology....

Posted by EPL II 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is it possible with Multi-IQ technology....
February 19, 2018 02:19AM
the performance is going to be in the dirt and not in air tests and freshly buried items? Since this technology is built upon FBS / BBS I surmise (but I may be very wrong in my thinking) that the Equinox is going to love undisturbed ground. Your thoughts?
Re: Is it possible with Multi-IQ technology....
February 20, 2018 12:10PM
I think a better answer is the REALTY will be in dirt 5mm or air testing.
February 25, 2018 03:54PM
Well, my suspicions have been confirmed. Air tests and freshly buried items are extremely limited indicators of true performance. Multi-IQ turns into 100% pure NOXygen when the coil is searching undisturbed ground. Have fun out there and I look forward to more reports smileys with beer
February 25, 2018 04:11PM
"Most detector's see best in Undisturbed ground but the Minelab's seem to really be enhanced by it!
I've seen some strange things... testing the 'Terra's', I often dug solid copper hits AND after retrieving 'the find', I was able to a few times 'get minute hits' off the light green corrosion 'halo' left behind...but you'd have to be really quick as the detectable halo effect disappears in micro seconds!
I have no doubt the EQX will be the same AND very good at detecting coins 'on edge' too?"
February 26, 2018 01:02PM
Is the connection between Equinox’s ability to unmask in iron environments tied to it’s lower sensitivity to high conductors? That is, if the IQ software was more biased toward silver, maybe through another user selectable mode, would the ability to see-through revert back to ETrac/CTX performance?
February 26, 2018 01:13PM
Des--

I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't know if it is "halo," or what, but I have had the same thing happen -- run the detector over the hole you just retrieved the target from, and you can still get it to report for a second or two, audio and ID, enough to make you think there's still a target in the hole, and then it goes away.

Not sure what's going on there, but I have seen it multiple times!

Steve