Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cleaning some of my DEUS finds from last week

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cleaning some of my DEUS finds from last week
October 02, 2014 04:43PM
And as i was cleaning I revealed this little gem of a flat button from about the 1820s or so caught my eye...

it has 4 hearts linked together with vines....it's cuff size and came out of an old house site on a battlefield...gave a sweet faint high tone..was about 7 inches deep...18khz hit it well as it should..

still has light gold gilt trace remaining...

no big deal but thought it was a unique design I've never seen before....

reassuring also...if there a gold coin the DEUS is you best bet to get it...

Re: cleaning some of my DEUS finds from last week
October 02, 2014 05:17PM
Cool find Keith. Thanks for sharing the pic with us.
Duke
October 02, 2014 05:27PM
Nice save Keith!
October 02, 2014 10:06PM
Great find Keith....I never find flat buttons with designs
October 03, 2014 12:11AM
Hi Keith, Tell me the truth is the Deus the best of the best, Top of the top, Over the top, better than slicsed bread, Beat,s the rest, and all that? I have a friend that got one last week and has found two rings 3 silvers, and all kinds of coins with it so far, and said he will not use anything else. He wants me to get one. Will it out do other detectors or is he just getting lucky? I have not seen him find anything that deep, but he said it will pick out the good out of the bad. What do you think? Flintstone
October 03, 2014 05:10PM
Very nice flat button Keith,

Finding non-miltary flat buttons with a design are rare, think I've only found two in my career the last was checkered.

The design looks like something from the UK BC era, Kind of a neat find changes things up a bit.

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)
October 03, 2014 05:33PM
I found a very similar one at a 1812 fort site here in Missouri. It didn't have the fingers attached, though. winking smiley
October 03, 2014 07:26PM
Hey Flintstone...the DEUS 3.2 is a top tier iron unmasker...

yet it can also as your buddy sees hot on silver and jewelry..etc etc..

I'm happy with the performance of the DEUS for all land type hunts...

here's what needs to be talked about...The DEUS looks into the ground and decides how to report a bit different than other machines...the DEUS WILL light up the ground..very excitable feedback from the soil...

Picture a all metal mode that discriminates if you will...it gives the user feedback not alot of filtering going on...raw feed..

It's not really in all metal but it has that type feel...and maybe the XPs are discing through the ground phase circuit differently ..they are coupled...

if you get the audio feed in your mind and appreciate what it tells you it will do some amazing things...things like brass lying on the top of the ground in sites loaded with iron yet no other machine has ever reported it....scratch your head type hits...

soil and small iron does not bother the see through of the DEUS..

I'm not a fan of wirless..but it's the coming wave I believe...and it does work quite well with no hiccups...The DEUS is a very useful tool..get the 3.2...

it will find things other machine cant...but it's SPARKY...

It's pricey..but once a person who notices what it does in the dirt it's a small price to pay for finds...

there will always be the people who won't like it or just don'twant to adapt to it...and price will put people off and I would not recommend going in debt or missing a house payment to buy one but if you have the means to acquire one it's the APEX dirt nd iron machine..

It's different technology in alot of ways that maybe at first it's not noticable...use it awhile and pay attention a keep memory logs and compare it with other machines and you will notice the DEUS has secrets
October 04, 2014 01:13AM
Thanks Keith, I might just try one he will let me have it at his cost. Thanks for all the advice.
October 04, 2014 01:48AM
Heres what I think about the Deus so far....all my detectors hang on hooks in the garage...except the Deus...it sits safely on my table in my office...even named her...BLACK BETTY,lol.
October 04, 2014 01:15PM
Knowing all the units Keith has owned and used quite a statement....one wonders how it compares depthwise with some of the old and new depth demons..
All I know I met a fellow using one and wow they sure are light which is certainly a plus especially for the long days in the field..
October 04, 2014 01:43PM
The Deus is a very good detector. I have found some nice things the last couple of years with it. The first time you take one to your hunted out site is a very eye opening experience. The depth with the 11 inch coil is very good. I do believe that a few detectors like the AKA and F75LTD might get a little deeper. So my personal opinion is the Deus can be a part of your collection but can not replace everything. But I like to hunt with it more than any other detector because of the versatility and weight. While other manufacturers keep releasing the same old same old a few of the European companies seem to stretching the field. Good for them. Better for us. Those guys at AKA bear some watching. I see good things coming. The Deus will probably have another software update. And maybe some day Minelab will get off their behinds and give us a real nice update for the CTX.