Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

whats next?

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
whats next?
March 29, 2011 03:22AM
one of lowboys posts got me thinking........whats the next best thing to come from first texas. coinshooter, all-terrain machine, another dual freq machine, a pi machine, "super coils"???????????...................a pi machine, wouldn't that be cool!

will the focus be on audio, depth, stability????? they really have us spoiled dont they?

i just got a g2 and i cant wait to put it to the test as a gold jewelry hunter!!!!!!!!!
Re: whats next?
March 29, 2011 04:20AM
Yeah the G2 does it all in iron and in bad dirt the small coil is even killer. I can get 8" on tiny stuff...I tried the At but the G2 was far faster made sense to me the sounds of iron and good targets were not meshed you could hear both really clear..I think the G2 is the sleeper of relics hunters..but to get back to what is next..I am down for a coin, park, school machine. But we have to be able to deal with trash...it is what our world of hunting has become. Just think if they can help us tell more trash from good targets. Like a VDI that can read the trash and one that is set for coins and gold. I know it sounds like it can't happen but if it did...I think a lot of us would go out and start all over with all of our vast knowledge over the years of hunting history, the parks and schools would be like new hunting grounds...FUN FACTOR and Fisher and Tek would set the detecting world on fire...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 09:56PM by Lawrenzo.
March 29, 2011 07:07AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah the G2 does it all in iron and in bad dirt
> the small coil is even killer. I can get 8" on
> tiny stuff...I tried the At but the G2 was far
> faster made sense to me the sounds of iron and
> good targets were not meshed you could hear both
> really clear..I think the G2 is the sleeper of
> relics hunters..but to get back to what is next..I
> am down for a coin, park, school machine. But we
> have to be able to deal with trash...it is what
> our world of hunting has become. Just think if
> they can help us tell more trash from good
> targets. Like a VDI that can read the trash and
> one that is set for coins and gold. I know it
> sounds like it can't happen but if it did...I
> think a lot of us would go out and start all over
> with all of our vast knowledge over the years of
> hunting history, the parks and schools would be
> like new hunting grounds...FUN FACTOR and FIsher
> and Tek would set the detecting world on fire...

i agree!..really believe it's on the way!..just don't know when!
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 29, 2011 06:39PM
Dave is not into P.I.'s.
March 30, 2011 01:11AM
perhaps he's workin' on a multi-frequency!
guess we will know at some point!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 30, 2011 02:24AM
Tom, ya ever going to bring that 21x to market?
March 31, 2011 07:49PM
It is a fairly good possibility.
March 31, 2011 08:55PM
where is the need......
African or mid east gold rush?...........gold bug2, t2, f75 limited. ???????
relics?...........................................t2, f75 limited, g2.............???????
park hunter?...................................f5,omega........................???????
beach/water machine?....................cz21...............................???????
old deep coins...............................t2, f75 limited.cz3d...........???????
keeping up with garrett (at pro)..............................................???????
more coils for current detectors.............................................???????
some other completely new direction ??????????????

i would like to see alot more done with audio tones,user adjustability and options for example.
March 31, 2011 10:02PM
Wow can anyone build a machine like some of the above ideas and make it work? I would still take a state of the art coin machine for schools and parks and lakes...They can always build on the G2 and LTD just like cars...but time for a new platform and one that combats trash and IDing the trash...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 03:25AM by Lawrenzo.
March 31, 2011 11:00PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Wow can anyone build a machine like some of the
> above ideas and make it work? I would still take a
> state of the art coin machine for schools and
> parks and lakes...They can always build on the G2
> and LTD just like cars...but time for a new
> platform and one that compats trash and IDing the
> trash...

what do you want from a "park hunter"/ coin machine? do you want the deep silver? do you want the detector to be able to perfectly id screwcaps? do you want to be able to pluck gold rings out from the foil and tabs?(i do!)
describe how your detector would achieve what you want.....any ideas?
chuck.
April 01, 2011 02:18AM
seeker41 Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow can anyone build a machine like some of the
> > above ideas and make it work? I would still take
> a
> > state of the art coin machine for schools and
> > parks and lakes...They can always build on the
> G2
> > and LTD just like cars...but time for a new
> > platform and one that compats trash and IDing
> the
> > trash...
>
> what do you want from a "park hunter"/ coin
> machine? do you want the deep silver? do you want
> the detector to be able to perfectly id screwcaps?
> do you want to be able to pluck gold rings out
> from the foil and tabs?(i do!)
> describe how your detector would achieve what you
> want.....any ideas?
> chuck.

Here it is, the ultimate detector
[www.gspotbasses.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 02:20AM by Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant.
It's a reach.......Re: whats next?
April 01, 2011 02:34AM
Tom D................is it conceivable that a machine could be developed to read the ion signature of metals.......in the ground. Kind of a spectroscope for the ground. Probably prohibitive in cost.
Re: It's a reach.......Re: whats next?
April 01, 2011 03:35AM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> Tom D................is it conceivable that a
> machine could be developed to read the ion
> signature of metals.......in the ground. Kind of a
> spectroscope for the ground. Probably prohibitive
> in cost.

It's already been done, it's called the ETRAC!
April 01, 2011 03:41AM
Well I am not NASA TOM but along the lines of the E-trac (which I have never used) It could read a VDI of a coin and have a second VDI for the iron in the crown cap...or a ring has a different density from a pull tab, foil will read like a ring, can't we seperate these somehow. I know it can be done but at what cost....I am sure the guys at Fisher and Tek would love to do this but can only go so far on what the company will allow on developing such a platform....We have come a long way with relic hunting I am happy. It is not perfect but it gives us a chance to find those hidden jems...You really have to have the trainging to hit a lot of iron and find that one hidden masked target. It sometimes drains me after a hunt but there are times when I have pulled out those little nails that pretend to be good targets and then I find the relic that was being almost masked by the nail....Wow I am already tired but lets keep going on this maybe something will happen and we can say we were a part of the thinking. Lots of great minds on this forum...I think the At may have been a better detector if they just made it a relic hunter and only that...They tried to do a little too much and that may have slowed the machine down... but for those of you that get that machine and understand it I think the way Tek desigined the G2 a turn on and hunt machine with power and depth and coils that work..Maybe there will be a new At flagship that is just a stand alone relic hunter...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Okay CalCobra.....Re: whats next?
April 01, 2011 04:41AM
Gonna call ya on this onesmiling smiley.......lol.........how does the E-Trac read ion signatures of metal? Not electro-magnetic reflections......but actual ions released by a metal type.
April 01, 2011 04:56AM
Someone wrote this so I will post it....I think we need this with a new design and a easy way to program, faster and lighter and deeper?

Picture if you will a piece of graph paper with all those pefect little squares on it .......Start in the upper left hand corner of the graph paper and pick a nice little square .....and we'll call that square 1 ......Go to the right and and make that square 2, and continue on to the right until you get to square 50 .........Now go bsck to square 1 and drop DOWN on square and call that square 2, and drop down one more square and cal lthat square 3 .....Continue on down until you get to square 35 ........All the squares that go from left to right 1-50 are called the Conductive scale ......All the numbers going from 1 -35 are called the Ferrous Scale ....... Each target as I said has a Conductive content , and a Ferrous content ....Minelab has a system whereby most of the clad coins will fall on the Ferrous 12 line .....hense the nickel being a 12 Ferrous , and the Conductive number is 13.....Where the 12 Ferrous square , and the 13 Conductive square intersect is the one little box that represents a Nickel !!.....This is true for each target that you hit ..... Now , lets move ahead here ......Lets say you have a quarter , and the conductive number on the quarter is 46 ( which it really is ) .... Now lets say that the bottle cap's Conductive number is ALSO number 46 !!.... With most machines this is a problem .....With the E Trac this is NOT a problem ....Remembering the coins fall on the 12 Ferrous line , so the number that comes up for a quarter is 12/46 .......When you hit the bottle cap , the bottle cap has more iron in it , and hense more Ferrous content ....So the bottle cap may have a Ferrous number of 30 ......So this makes the bottle cap's number that comes up on the E Trac as 30/46 .....These numbers intersect no where NEAR a quarters intersection .......If you have the iron discriminated out on your E Trac , you will not even hear the bottle cap !!.....It's a non issue !!..... You will NEVER hear a bottle cap at all if you have it discriminated out which in most cases you will !!...... THIS is what makes Minelabs matrix such a powerful tool as well as other features ......
guys are the best...Thanks doesn't cover the way I feel about Fisher and Tek and how great a company you design for..

Later LowBoy...Lawrenzo

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy......Re: whats next?
April 01, 2011 05:04AM
In my technically limited theoretical scenario....if possible......ions would read dead accurate.......for metal identification.........thus providing the scenario you asked for earlier......absolute positive ID of a metal type with no errors........in parks....schools...etc. Like I said.............strictly theoretical
April 01, 2011 05:07AM
I would love to see First Texas come out with something similar to the Etrac, even if it was more or less a copy, one thing that we know it would excel on over the Etrac is ergonomics and less weight.
April 01, 2011 11:36AM
Kelly,

You guessed it. COST. It would be excessively engineering-cumbersome with plenty of prohibitive fronts (at this technoligical point in time).
Re: Okay CalCobra.....Re: whats next?
April 01, 2011 04:02PM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> Gonna call ya on this onesmiling smiley.......lol.........how
> does the E-Trac read ion signatures of metal? Not
> electro-magnetic reflections......but actual ions
> released by a metal type.

My bad, I thought I read IRON signatures, not ION.