Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back in the good ol days.

Posted by BIG PAPA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back in the good ol days.
February 27, 2018 02:01AM
Some of you might remember back to the days when you could go weeks at a time without reading some stupid childish argument. This place is really getting out of hand. Everyone take a deep breath and relax a bit. At first I thought that this was just people having a little cabin fever. But, now I am starting to see a trend. Maybe it's time to grab your detector and plow a trail in the snow and do a little swinging. And leave the pi$$y attitude at the door before coming to Dankowski Detectors.
Re: Back in the good ol days.
February 27, 2018 08:23AM
It was a lot worse twenty years ago. I remember people threatening bodily harm and even death threats on forums. You don't see that any more.

Lately I've been noticing how civil everyone is. They argue sure, but they behave themselves for the most part. A lot of the stupid posts we see are most likely due to the taking of alcohol.

February 27, 2018 12:31PM
Well I guess if it's better, then keep it up! smileys with beer
February 27, 2018 02:38PM
Hey, it's been a while for me since I hopped in the truck and drove halfway across the state to stomp somebody's rear end. I use to get real fired up back when I posted on more forums and more frequent than I do now. Used to love to fight. Now I'm too old for that kind of shenanigans. But I did have to call a fella down at the bowling alley Friday night that had a loud smart mouth on him.
February 27, 2018 06:51PM
I never loved to fight, But did when I had too. Nowadays a Guy may have something for You if You know what I mean. Back in the day You could settle it with Your fist. Today People want to use a weapon. That's why You see all the shootings Nowadays at Schools as Kids too soft for a real fight.
February 27, 2018 09:15PM
I'm a lover not a fighter.
February 27, 2018 09:28PM
Great point. but back in the good ole days, you could express yourself in real life and not catch heat about it. Little by little freedoms and opinions are being taking away from us. if people were allowed to act like people without getting ridiculed or worst, this tension and hostility would die out.
February 27, 2018 10:18PM
What I've noticed is that when Tom and Keith are absent from the forum like they have been lately.....the tone of forum goes downhill pretty quickly.
February 28, 2018 12:41PM
If they took my alcohol, it would make me angry, too. I find that it helps.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?