Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors CoRe

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors CoRe
October 31, 2014 02:28AM
So been reading a bit about this machine thanks to Keith and Paul has Tom tried this? May want to sell my AT GOLD and try this but I'm still learning the Deus...My interest is not giving up on the deus but having two detectors...From what I understand depth is key in some areas so not trying to go through detectors to find the True Grit of detecotrs, just want a work horse and a backup to take hunting....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 03:29PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Nokta Fors CoRe
October 31, 2014 04:33AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So been reading a bit about this machine thanks to
> Keith and Paul has Tom tried this? May want to
> sell my AT GOLD and try this but I'm still
> learning the Deus...Took the deus to a park in San
> Francisco and found four silver targets in about
> an hour the coins hit clean. Took it to the gold
> country where I live and told myself I need to
> learn it and find an area with targets. I went to
> one of my hardest areas that dates back to the
> 1870. So far nothing then a hunted out school
> nothing not even a deep target...So I will try
> this Saturday back to hunted out areas and try to
> understand this machine. I'm not really getting
> any hits so I know it is dry of finds but I need
> to know the deus will to it's job...would like to
> have maybe both the Deus and the Notka...maybe but
> for now my mind is set on getting the deus to do
> its job

One at a time---learn one at a time!
October 31, 2014 09:19AM
There is no magic machine out there. Put your time into the Deus and finding new places to hunt. Don't chase the rabbit. It will lead you in a circle.
October 31, 2014 10:03AM
goodmore Wrote:
> There is no magic machine out there. Put your time
> into the Deus and finding new places to hunt.
> Don't chase the rabbit. It will lead you in a
> circle.

Well said.
October 31, 2014 11:51AM
I just ordered a NEL 5" Sharp coil for my AT-Gold cause I like the challenge of thick iron sites I hope this little coil finds the stuff that may have been masked for the 5x8" coil.
October 31, 2014 12:05PM
Lawrenzo if I was you I would hold out and see if Deus comes out with a new update and a smaller coil.
October 31, 2014 12:50PM
hey junior...please report back about the coil...my son is interested. thanks,Ray
October 31, 2014 12:55PM
The videos Keith produced on Nokta were impressive. Looks like the small coil separates well. Curious about depth on that little rascal. I'm keeping both my deus machines. With the update capability the deus machine is tops. Plus XP seems serious about making it all it can be. The weight factor is another driving factor. The nokta aint light. With updates and maybe future coil changes the deus should be about able to do everything one wants when it comes to land detecting. I'd rather pay 4-5 hundred dollars for a deus coil than pay $1000 plus for an entire new machine. Being ahead on the learning curve with the deus is worth something as well. Let's watch Minelab and White's and see if they learned anything from XP. Fisher blew their chance already. From this point on I can see all flagship machines to have electronically updateable capabilities. Brand loyalty has taken its hit too over the last 3 years. Imagine a 2.2 pound minelab that does everything a CTX or maybe an etrac does maybe except the waterproofing and has free updates. Hot seller maybe?? White's and their old tin can look/weight needs to go. If I was garrett I would take the at pro platform and make it updateable and try to keep the price reasonable. Now another question I have is where are the US engineers??? Seems the better detectors are coming from the across the pond. What's up with that. Look at warranty. Fisher and XP lead the way. What's wrong White's and Minelab?? White's would be smart to partner with blisstool. I think there is really something there with their detectors they just need a little help with marketing and service here in the USA. I'm not brand loyal but my right arm and shoulder are. IMO currently for the greenback the best choices for a detector in no particular order are minelab etrac, garrett AT pro, and deus.
October 31, 2014 01:24PM
Sometimes detectors and their users just dont "mesh". I loved many things about my Deus (lightweight, how it can collapse down and fit in a back pack, upgradeable over the net, and just the "coolness" factor, etc)...all that means nothing if you can't "click" with it in the field. I used the Deus for 2 months on about 12 hunts...used it in dense iron, and open pastures. Also used it side by side with my G2 comparing signals...I found nothing with the Deus that my G2 also couldn't see...but with a heck of alot less noise than the Deus. Also , no matter what I did with adjustments, I could not break past the 10" mark for depth. I really wanted to like the Deus...just wasn't going to happen. Just received the Nokta FORS CoRe....from my very limted time so far...I LOVE this machine...very powerful and sounds like a detector should. Will know more in the next few days when I get it out in the field. Bill
October 31, 2014 01:25PM
The Nokta iasnt light but its the joint best detector to swing i have ever used (T2 been the other) i prefer it to the Deus for a full days detecting it just feels so nicely balanced with the control box hanging at the back once you have a go with one you will know what i mean its a joy to swing.
October 31, 2014 01:25PM
deathray Wrote:
> hey junior...please report back about the
> coil...my son is interested. thanks,Ray

Hey Ray I sure will, I hope this thing helps produce in those nasty sites like Keith shows in his videos. I love the AT series I got my first one from Keith and since then there's been no looking back. Keith likes a good challenge and I do to when it comes to these sites that everyone else frowns upon. That Nokta machine he's using sure sounds like it's got a similar iron audio like the AT series machines.
October 31, 2014 01:41PM
I totally agree....so well balanced it feels extremely light...about like a f75 or T2
October 31, 2014 04:58PM
Hello Lawrenzo,

So far have used the Fors Gold on three relic hunts up in gold country, Along with the Deus using both equally. Both strong relic machines, On the last hunt slapped on the hockey puck coil to the Fors Gold and it did make a difference with separation and will be my main coil of choice for iron laced sites here on out when using the Fors Gold.

For those already having a Deus, Really don't need to get a Fors Gold the Deus is all one needs for relic hunting. The Fors Gold puts out allot of sensitivity maybe too much even when lowering sensitivity for iron masked areas, Really like the Fors Gold but like the Deus too with the extra features and such.

Looking so forward with XP coming out with an elliptical coil, Greatly needed for trashy areas specially up in older settlements with allot of iron. Will surely get one when the Deus elliptical comes out.

Played with the Fors Gold with it's largest of three coils last week for about an hour at an old park searching for deep coins, Did get a wheat back at 7"- 8"inches which surprised me. Still, Haven't had time to get a good feel with the Fors Gold on park turf hunting but with this recent deep penny dig looks like it may be an ok machine for deep turf hunting.

Since you already have the Deus, Your Deus is all you need it's already proven to be one of the best relic machines out there.

All the best,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 05:00PM by Old California.
October 31, 2014 07:45PM
Hey lawrenzo...

if you have the DEUS for working iron then your set to go...

theres alot of great units out now days...

part fot eh hobby for me is trying them all..

If I see something I like I report it..

now if you want anothe rmachine to compliment the DEUS then there's alot of units for that..

the first things that will stick out on the CoRe is the small coil unmasking in iron...and the machine has some great depth....

Now with that said...it is a powerful unit....lots of power and little filter..so it can get noisy...and if your not used to alot of power and snap it can be overwhelming....it needs to be throttled back at times....you need to know when to unleash it and when to reel it in...

One attribute I like about it...it likes to slap small tin hard yet can still tell its tin........and Confederate tin back buttons lying face down need a unit like that....

theres no perfect machine...but theres alot fo great units..

and I see the CoRe as a very aggresive multi use RELIC unit....modern sites?...well it does have 3 tone mode but the hightone accepts zincs so it dont miss indian's....but it aslo has agreat Visual I.D. system.. very accurate and not jumpy...

machine to me is another tool for iron work...

Build quality is second to non...

Keith
October 31, 2014 10:25PM
Thanks for the info Paul and Keith I don't always hunt in a lot of iron but trash yes and it drives me crazy...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 01, 2014 03:23AM
Keith,

How do you think the new F75SE DST that you tested stacks up against the FORS CoRe and the Deus.

Thank you,

El
November 01, 2014 02:21PM
well said on the deus there wont be a more configurable machine for a long time ,and they have new things in the pipeline all the time ,they dont stint on R&D like some you could mention .
November 01, 2014 04:23PM
The Borg must have been French.
November 01, 2014 04:49PM
Steve, you might be right. Maybe that's why i don't seem to understand what my Deus is telling me - I haven't been assimilated!

Of course Turkish has issues too - "vowel harmony" for example - you say that you don't know what that is - I was hoping you'd say that -

Vowel harmony is a type of long-distance assimilatory phonological process involving vowels that occurs in some languages. In languages with vowel harmony, there are constraints on which vowels may be found near each other.

Now that we all understand that part ----

Sorry, couldn't help it. I once wasted two perfectly good semesters studying applied linguistics.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold