Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Time to get back to the Impact.

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Time to get back to the Impact.
February 28, 2018 12:22PM
I will hit the coast next week with the Changer and call it a day on that detector. The Impact is just to versatile to sit in the corner. Perfect balance for me. My back never hurts using it. I love the mid size elliptical coil for hunting fields. Onward.
Re: Time to get back to the Impact.
February 28, 2018 12:28PM
Call it a day? As in selling? Not that I'm interested in buying, just interested in new detector feedback.
February 28, 2018 12:39PM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will hit the coast next week with the Changer an
> d call it a day on that detector. The Impact is ju
> st to versatile to sit in the corner. Perfect bala
> nce for me. My back never hurts using it. I love t
> he mid size elliptical coil for hunting fields. On
> ward.

There you go.
Re: Time to get back to the Impact. Question for George
February 28, 2018 12:54PM
Putting you on the spot, wch, sorry about that. Would you say the 'Noxes multifrequency operation and higher single frequencies provide any detecting capability beyond that of the Impact in any specific scenarios/sites/dirt (beach is a given, or is it?)?

ps where does the "Tex" in your name come from?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 28, 2018 02:03PM
wch.....balance to me is extremely important as well. You mentioned you were on the taller side and the Nox had you bending over a bit which I do believe contributed to your achy back.

Impact, F75 and those detector designs that have the battery pack counter balancing the coil/shaft do have the best balance that I have seen/used. Obviously the overall weight is a factor as well (CTX is still heavy to me !).

Coil control is paramount in my opinion when it comes to being able to detect efficiently. Balance and comfort contribute to the amount of hours one can detect without fatigue.

That's why I can still use my CZ6a. I got that baby mounted upside down on a straight shaft behind my elbow. Can swing that thing all day and have that coil brushing the ground parallel from beginning of the swing to the end. I tone hunt so I do not need to see the meter.

Let us know what finds the Impact pulls out wch.

Have fun out there and be safe.
cjc
February 28, 2018 02:07PM
I love that coil too--one of the best I've used--up there with the SMPI yellow diver.
cjc
February 28, 2018 02:28PM
From digging Texas Hyde and Goodrich buttons. I have used the detectors you have listed. The Multi Frequency stands on it's own merits. The speed of recovery is super fast compared to FBS and BBS. I would suggest running a slight threshold tone so you can hear this. The sound when running threshold is to my ears similar to the old Explorer . So pleasing to me coming in second to the Mark 1 LTD. I'm a Senior and a Tall Man to boot. The detector strains my back when I extend it to the needed full length. Maybe just me and I don't want to be tethered to a swing thing. You will have to dig a lot more signals then I care for. Most have been non-ferrous trash. Dig less holes for an Old Guy means more play time. I have never dug so many Indian head pennies except back in the day when searching in field two. Good old #19. However they do not interest me after digging many old silvers and Spanish reales. I dug a deep Large cent and yesterday I thought I had another only to dig a bird band. Never guaranteed. I may also add it works fine in my soil.What did it obsolete for me? Safari FBS , Xterra due to needing only one main coil and the Sovereign due to its slow recovery speed and heavy weight. But at the end of the day it all came down to the compressed TID range. To many good targets mixed in with trash displaying same TID. As more hit the field and mine hits the closet for beach runs more people will discover these few things I mention. Good luck to anyone using their new machine and favorites as well. On to the next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 02:46PM by woodchiphustler.
February 28, 2018 02:36PM
I find the Equinox to be pretty long and light. A full pound lighter than Impact. Impact felt too back end heavy and strain to keep coil down on ground. But I'm a scrubber though so nose heavy units feel light to me with the ground support. Kruzer is little nose heavy as well but not as bad as a racer due to carbon fiber shaft.
February 28, 2018 02:47PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> I find the Equinox to be pretty long and light. A
> full pound lighter than Impact. Impact felt too b
> ack end heavy and strain to keep coil down on grou
> nd. But I'm a scrubber though so nose heavy units
> feel light to me with the ground support. Kruzer
> is little nose heavy as well but not as bad as a r
> acer due to carbon fiber shaft.

I notice the Impact does git a little heavier with the smaller coils.
February 28, 2018 02:59PM
I told people from the beginning faster recovery means bad target ID and less depth.
I also told them the reason for less numbers on the ID was so they could make it LOOK more accurate then it is.
But then I was told it is NEW Tech and I have no clue what I am talking about.

woodchiphustler Wrote:
> From digging Texas Hyde and Goodrich buttons. I ha
> ve used the detectors you have listed. The Multi F
> requency stands on it's own merits. The speed of r
> ecovery is super fast compared to FBS and BBS. I w
> ould suggest running a slight threshold tone so yo
> u can hear this. The sound when running threshold
> is to my ears similar to the old Explorer . So ple
> asing to me coming in second to the Mark 1 LTD. I'
> m a Senior and a Tall Man to boot. The detector st
> rains my back when I extend it to the needed full
> length. Maybe just me and I don't want to be tethe
> red to a swing thing. You will have to dig a lot m
> ore signals then I care for. Most have been non-fe
> rrous trash. Dig less holes for an Old Guy means m
> ore play time. I have never dug so many Indian hea
> d pennies except back in the day when searching in
> field two. Good old #19. However they do not inter
> est me after digging many old silvers and Spanish
> reales. I dug a deep Large cent and yesterday I th
> ought I had another only to dig a bird band. Never
> guaranteed. I may also add it works fine in my soi
> l.What did it obsolete for me? Safari FBS , Xterra
> due to needing only one main coil and the Sovereig
> n due to its slow recovery speed and heavy weight.
> But at the end of the day it all came down to the
> compressed TID range. To many good targets mixed i
> n with trash displaying same TID. As more hit the
> field and mine hits the closet for beach runs more
> people will discover these few things I mention. G
> ood luck to anyone using their new machine and fav
> orites as well. On to the next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 03:01PM by GreenMeanie.