Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox Ground Balance Question

Posted by Gannon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox Ground Balance Question
February 28, 2018 03:58PM
From the manual:
Manual Ground Balance
Ground Balance can be manually adjusted until the minimum amount of ground signal is heard.
1. Press the Settings button to navigate to the Ground Balance setting in the Settings Menu.
2. Raise and lower the coil repeatedly over a clear patch of soil that does not contain any targets.
Listen to the audio response to interpret the result of the Ground Balance; a low tone indicates that you should increase the Ground Balance value and a high tone indicates that you should decrease it.
3. Press the Minus (–) and Plus (+) buttons to manually change the Ground Balance value until the minimum amount of ground signal is heard. The Manual Ground Balance value is shown on the Target ID Display.

So my question is... when I go to manual GB every site is different? Like GB numbers are all different. On my previous detectors they are some what similar.
Also when I GB and I hit the accept button “Tracking” icon is still showing.

Any ideas?

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
Re: Equinox Ground Balance Question
February 28, 2018 04:15PM
Doing auto ground balance per the manual holding accept reject button down while bobbing coil with GB selects using settings change button.
Now, you say tracking GB icon stays on.
It will, when you do balance hit accept reject button one more time, will take detector out of tracking and turn off icon.
A recommendation here, stick with auto GB.

If you are dead set on using manual GB, the same above applies, hit reject button to off tracking after manual GB is done. Got to be still in GB mode though to do.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 04:20PM by tnsharpshooter.