Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox 800 Gold Under Spikes Test

Posted by cjc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cjc
Equinox 800 Gold Under Spikes Test
March 04, 2018 03:04AM
Digital wonders....

[youtu.be]

cjc
Re: Equinox 800 Gold Under Spikes Test
March 04, 2018 03:21AM
Nice little vid.

Folks may not believe this, and your vid supports.

I have been digging nonferrous targets using Equinox multi freq, field 2 detect mode.
The nonferrous targets are in polluted site. Equinox IDs them in the ground same as when I airtested after exhuming.
These same targets, Deus LFs coils wouldn't even see, and the HF coils wouldn't see either unless highest freqs band used ( and this only sometimes they would see) and when they did see no ID worth a hoot.

Totally mind blowing to see a detector do this.

Imagine, seems a person can cherry pick in iron.
cjc
March 04, 2018 04:07AM
Some cool UK progs popping up as well that let you ignore the ferrous.
cjc
March 04, 2018 05:25AM
I watched the video.... that was impressive. Makes me want to seriously consider an Equinox acquisition.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2018 12:38PM by Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant.
March 04, 2018 02:04PM
Separate the iron from the ring (not touching)....not so impressive then. Whenever I watch a separation vid that has the nonferrous touching ferrous, I hit the stop button.
March 04, 2018 02:25PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Separate the iron from the ring (not touching)....
> not so impressive then. Whenever I watch a separat
> ion vid that has the nonferrous touching ferrous,
> I hit the stop button.

Maybe you shouldn't be hitting the stop button so fast.

[m.youtube.com]
March 04, 2018 05:06PM
March 04, 2018 07:15PM
I stand corrected and impressed.

Just did a test with the f-75ltd, 0 disc, max sens, 5" coil.

Nails on top hiding & touching dime, just grunts. Dime on top of the 2" nails, got an iron up averaging in the foil zone (numbers and tone). Separated by 1/4" got only an occasional high blip around the clock. ...no joy. No three D test done.

I'm not a guy that takes the time to test anymore....use to years ago. For some reason it stuck in my brain that ferrous touching non would always give a nonferrous reaction from the detector, separate them and grunts....not sure where that notion came from.

Yes Tnss, maybe I will watch the vids and have a bit more faith in the testers and less faith in my memory, lol. Again, I made an error.....thanks for being so gentle on me, guys.
March 04, 2018 07:56PM
That is an amazing machine in iron. Thanks for posting!

sanjuro Wrote:
> [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-xYoxQZLY&t
> =275s]Non ferrous under iron[/url]
March 06, 2018 02:40AM
Grant....... welcome back! Haven/t heard from you in nearly a decade!
March 06, 2018 05:19AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Grant....... welcome back! Haven/t heard from you
> in nearly a decade!

Thank you Tom. Lets just say I've had my hands full for a while and now that things are slowing back down to a normal pace.... I have a bit more time for my hobbies. I've never completely stopped park and beach hunting but now I've got much more time.
I'm hunting much more often these days with my ol' trusty NASA-Tom tweaked CZ3D and decided to be a little more active here at the best metal detecting site on the internet.
Hopefully we will see some real world testing of that new ML Equinox. This is the only thing new that has tweaked my interest in the last few years other than the Fisher F Pulse pointer.
I'm glad that its business as usual around here.

Grant

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant