Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is a realistic purhase price for a used MXT ???

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is a realistic purhase price for a used MXT ???
March 05, 2018 02:19AM
I have been watching different sites for awhile now looking for a good shape used MXT with a small coil or the 6 x 10 DD. The prices are mostly crazy high or one going for less is beaten to death. I can't seem to get a break. Looking for that setup without breaking the bank. I want something to go along with my RA 71 and I really think it is the one.
Re: What is a realistic purhase price for a used MXT ???
March 05, 2018 03:43AM
Those machines must be good. I’ve never seen one below $500.. even the DFX and the MXT all pro. The V3i I had was a tough nut to crack but they wildly range from $600-$1200 pending on options, I sold mine for $750 I too one day would like to try and MXT.

Also if your on Facebook look up Metal Detecting Buy Sell and Trade.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
Re: What is a realistic purhase price for a used MXT ???
March 05, 2018 07:06AM
You should be able to buy an MXT in decent shape for $400. Like new or still unused new in the box (but being resold by the original purchaser) would be $500-600. Beaters that have seen a lot of miles but still work fine go for around $300-350. That’s just for the detector with the stock coil. Add a second coil, like the 6x10 or the 5.3, and you can add about $50 to the above prices.

They are out there, just keep watching the classifieds on the various forms and you’ll snag one before long.