Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Factitious/Pseudo Review Of The New Red Racer

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Factitious/Pseudo Review Of The New Red Racer
January 16, 2015 06:56PM
Hi,,,,Well let me first say I was kinda shocked when Ditytec contacted me to do a field test on the new upcoming Red Racer by Markoe....Ditytec made it clear right from the get go the following, she said, "I want an honest unbiased review even if the outcome was bad or good"....She also stated that she wanted me to put it through any kind of test I could think of and any type of scenario I could think of....So here it goes, just remember I am only a reviewer/tester not the designer or manufacturer of the metal detector....I received the unit on 1-12-15 late in the day via Federal Express....First off the unit came very securely packed utilizing a double box configuration ....It came with two DD coils the 11.2"x 7" & the 5.2"x 4.7" which looked to be very well built....I was even further impressed when I put the 4 AA batteries and the rest of the machine unassembled with the 11.2"x 7" coil on my accurate digital scales....It only weighed a whopping 2.7 pounds, now that's a light machine,I thought to myself .....After that I proceeded to assemble this new sleek ergonomic gorgeous red beauty....I had second thoughts of a machine being red after seeing the pictures on various sites of this machine....But let me tell you right now, this color of red is nothing like the photos we all have seen, it actually complements the black used on the rod & handle and is not gaudy at all....The first test was to fire this dog up,,so I did,,boy to my humble surprise the display was unbelievably extremely clear and easy to read even at a great distance and I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other....Now I set it up for maximum performance in a selected discrimination mode to do some important air tests....An important note was that EMI was nonexistent, this is unreal and unheard of down in this basement while testing other machines....I first started in the selected discrimination mode D-12 with a pre 1980 Lincoln cent,waving it kinda slow in front of the coil... I had absolutely no problem getting a two way hit with proper ID at 14"....The first thing I done was the Happy Dance while screaming at the top of my lungs,,,,YES,YES,,,,my wife quickly yelled down and said "are you nuts?"....I then proceeded to do a test on a nickel,now this tremendous unexpected outcome had my heart pumping buttermilk .... With the ease of a sneeze, I had no problem getting a two way hit with proper ID at 18"....Once again I done the Happy Dance while yelling like a wounded duck,,,, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT,I CAN'T BELIEVE IT,,,,this time my wife yelled down with a lot firmer,madder and louder voice and said "I'm calling the Mental Health Services"....Then without warning I woke up half dazed thinking about what I just witnessed in my golden slumber,,,,yes I was only dreaming..LoL..JJ

PS: I hope this pseudo review cured your want & need for a review on the Racer,,,It is also said to help cure cabin fever..LoL
Re: My Factitious/Pseudo Review Of The New Red Racer
January 16, 2015 08:44PM
You better double up on your meds immediately ................LOL

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 16, 2015 08:47PM
You were doing real well right up until that last line!!!
January 16, 2015 08:55PM
Hi,,,yeah you know I was going to drag it out but a lot of people tend to get mad....It makes me wonder why they do when I just try to bring a little humor to a forum....I also use my little pinky to type with so it's not easy to do these things....JJ
January 16, 2015 10:21PM
You've got to much time on your hands dude...

Aaron
wjs
January 16, 2015 10:24PM
Now I am expecting to get 18" on a nickel and will be pretty disappointed if it wont.....Lol
January 16, 2015 10:39PM
18" on a nickel, now that's F75 LTD2 depth! lol
January 17, 2015 08:20AM
You sure had me until your wife woke you up... KEN

Two Tesoro Compadres, One Silver uMax, , and one Whites Surfmaster 2 , Fisher 1266x
I had others I wish I did not sell.
January 17, 2015 12:04PM
Someone may not read the last couple sentances of your story. Next we will see on another forum about your test conclusions out of context, about the Red Racer.
JJ, you will have made many sales for the company and brought piles of money in for them. Their new higher budget for R&D may help then engineer the next great detector that beats all others........or....... they will have a nightmare with returns swamping them into oblivion.

My real guess is that the Racer will be as good as your cabin fever golden slumber. lol
January 20, 2015 02:24AM
JJ, better go back to sleep, so you can start dreaming again and write another facitious review!!!
January 20, 2015 02:52AM
You put in a lot of time on this but the coil size is wrong so time to have another dream and hope for the best...I don't think this machine is going to be what we all hoped for

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2015 04:10AM
Hi,,, Here's a quick updated conclusion with a little mind refreshing lead in......

With the ease of a sneeze, I had no problem getting a two way hit with proper ID at 18"....Once again I done the Happy Dance while yelling like a wounded duck,,,, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT,I CAN'T BELIEVE IT,,,,this time my wife yelled down with a lot firmer,madder and louder voice and said "I'm calling the Mental Health Services"....PART 2....My wife really knows how to put a new paint job on things....After I got rid of the fine folks from the Insane Asylum,,I had to drink a few more bottles of Satan's Sauce....I was totally relaxed now and once again ready for my last & final test...With the skill of a surgeon I quickly whipped out my imaginary 5" coil....Let me tell ya boys it really looked sweet,neat and complete....I wanted to try a lower conductivity item on this now invisible 5" coil.....I looked all over for a nickel but could not locate one....So I decided a pickle would work just as good,since I really did not even have a 5" coil.....I swung that pickle in front of that empty rod for hours and never heard a peep....A little later on my wife yelled down once again to me and said.... "did you steal my pickle?"......I faintly heard her, then without a sign I passed out from all that Satan's Sauce I drank earlier .......JJ
January 20, 2015 04:17AM
JJ, have you ever considered being a comedian, or an author? Seriously, with your quick wit, sense of humor, and writing ability, I think you would have went far!!!!
January 20, 2015 04:36AM
Hi,,,,what makes you think I'm not on your tv set every night and I did go far? ..LoL...I seen where it was mentioned I got the coil size wrong.....I still think they have a 5" coil....They should be getting on here shortly since they are 7 hours ahead of us time wise....thanks...JJ