Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1st hunt with Equinox 800

Posted by cadman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1st hunt with Equinox 800
March 08, 2018 02:24PM
Hunted in Field 2, only change to program, used 2 tone versus 5 tones.

]

]

]
Re: 1st hunt with Equinox 800
March 08, 2018 02:29PM
Nice finds
Thanks for sharing.
March 08, 2018 02:54PM
Nice.

Good to know you can load up a program, change just the tone option and get results.
March 08, 2018 03:36PM
Nice finds.
March 08, 2018 03:45PM
nice finds, cad man, but kindly tell us something about the first hunt with EQ 800. Same ol, same ol (would have found with a pie plate on a stick), or maybe the 800 had something to do with the results?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 08, 2018 04:45PM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice finds, cad man, but kindly tell us something
> about the first hunt with EQ 800. Same ol, same ol
> (would have found with a pie plate on a stick), or
> maybe the 800 had something to do with the results
> ?
>
> Wayne

This is an area I have hunted with other detectors (CTX 3030, T2, F75, XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola and CZ-6a). I have found buttons and lead and a few period coins... Finds have always been few and far between...

Bullets were 6" to 8" deep, can't say the Equinox found what the other detectors couldn't, just got my coil over them with it. The Equinox does seem to have an affinity for low conductors in Field 2. It will take a few more hunts before I can say with any certainty it is the detector or just luck. That said, I do like the detector and the way it is setup...

This weekend there will be 3 of us hunting, a CTX 3030 and a XP Deus will be used, hopefully will be able to compare targets with them... Problem is these guys scatter like a covey of quail when in the woods...lol