Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beneath the Mask- a good read for all detectorist

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beneath the Mask- a good read for all detectorist
March 10, 2018 02:08AM
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

This subject will undoubtedly come up more and more as time passes due to.................. Fill in the blank.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 02:17AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Beneath the Mask- a good read for all detectorist
March 10, 2018 03:38AM
Yes excellent read. I hope one day NASA Tom can find time to write more! (Puppy dog eyes.. soft begging) lol

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 10, 2018 03:50AM
Yep, an OUTSTANDING article...I've read it more than once.

I agree, Gannon...I'd take as much of NASA-Tom's writing as is available!

Steve
March 10, 2018 05:41AM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, an OUTSTANDING article...I've read it more th
> an once.
>
> I agree, Gannon...I'd take as much of NASA-Tom's w
> riting as is available!
>
> Steve

Ditto but alas Tom is lazy.... I mean busy.... yes very busy..... Just Kidding Tom don't get your coil in a uproar .... :-)
I would read more NASA-Tom content if available, fore sure.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 10, 2018 06:19AM
Definitely a must read.

And I'd also recommend "Love Is Deep" another must read, especially for those who think most of the coins in their area aren't more than 6 or 7 inches deep.
March 10, 2018 02:28PM
I have been doing SO much more work (in the D.E. Dept) with Mfr's....... that I have severely lacked in my writings/postings. What's ironic is..... nearly every Mfr is on this forum; yet/now..... I'm hardly here..... to add to the writings. (A paradox). But........ fortunately....... this forum holds a lot of 'detailed/technical' detectorists ... with good writing skills ... resuscitating the life-blood into this forum.

Over the past decade, I have new (startling) discoveries about dirt, electronics, target-discrete signatures, etc........ ; yet, ...... hardly the time to share/post.
March 10, 2018 02:43PM
Our loss for sure Tom. You have the excitement and passion of a kid Tom. I hope these manufactures can tap into some of that working with you. Its business i know .... but just once...... they need to throw us a machine thats running by the seat of its pants. The little time ive spent with or talked to Tom...... is just jaw dropping. You can never ask enough questions..... and the great thing.... get um answered.
March 10, 2018 07:25PM
NASA-Tom is -- from my view, a simply INCREDIBLE, one-of-a-kind asset to the hobby and this forum, no matter how infrequently he writes/posts (and I DO wish it was more!)

But, it's encouraging to know that while he's not WRITING about what additional detecting-related things he's learned/discovered in the recent past, detector manufacturers are hearing it (and hopefully incorporating it into their designs) such that in the end, we all "receive" the fruits of his work, just in a different, less "overt" or "obvious" way...

Steve
March 11, 2018 03:45AM
We all thank you for your efforts and contributions Tom!

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 11, 2018 03:38PM
'A good read Tom (had read it before)...these days standing so close to those Florida ponds can be risky...saw many BEWARE of GATORS signs a few weeks back in suburban areas!'
March 12, 2018 01:50AM
Thanks guys! Was beginning if anyone even read any of those articles anymore ........... or even if they had any 'value-added'... for some folks.

Yes...... I have gators in my lake (in my backyard). And I have 7 & 9 year old daughters......... which would be nothing but a potato chip to some of those gators. Caution/training...... is always the word for the day.