Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox concerns smashed!

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox concerns smashed!
March 12, 2018 04:27PM
Got my 600, still waiting for my 800. I’ve done a ton of reading up and watching videos before receiving machines. Took the 600 out to my coin garden hoping I wouldn’t be disappointed after hearing about depth concerns, All I can say is that I’m still in shock how good the 600 performed on my test coins that have been buried for about 15 years. It hit everything no problem, the huge eye opener for me was I knew I had a 13” clad quarter out in test bed but couldn’t find exactly where it was as a ton of machines I’ve had over the years failed to find it so last year I buried a clad quarter at 12” to replace the one that was long lost. I was working my way over to where I buried the quarter last year when I get a nice repeatable modulated 2 way 29/30 on the 600 I just had to go get my shovel and dig this target because it sounded so good and I wasn’t sure what was down there, I cut a nice plug flipped it back target was still in hole after a couple more shovel fulls of dirt I had it out and that’s when I realized what this 600 just did to my own eyes. It found that 13” long lost quarter in my test bed with flying colors. I really think as time goes on and everyone gets some hours on their Nox’s were gonna see just how capable this tech is. I was in field 2, volume 25 no headphones, threshold 13, 50 tone, sweep speed 2, iron bias 0, tone pitch 19, tone volume 25, sens 22. I noise canceled with coil off the ground about waist level it showed a 4. After seeing this result my depth concerns with the Nox 600 were smashed! They Will go deep! Can’t wait till my 800 gets here. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a great condition CTX or a great condition Deus with accessories let me know as mine are for sale. Thanks

John
Re: Equinox concerns smashed!
March 12, 2018 07:45PM
I'd get a few hunts in before you sell the CTX and Deus.
March 12, 2018 07:49PM
Your CTX must be a lemon? You don't have CZ-3D as it would hit that Quarter No problem.
March 12, 2018 08:15PM
I think those with mild ground can’t grasp what its like for us who have bad ground.
Detectors like the CZ 5 and other top end Fisher/Tek machines just can’t ID coins much past 6” here in the Pacific North West..
Makro’s and Whites V3i fair a little better then the Fisher line in my soil and FBS was the only technology
that could ID to its maximum depth.. I only have roughly 11 hours on my Equinox so far and I am finding coins
at depths I could only reach with FBS when incorporating bigger then stock coils..
FBS VID is tighter, but Equinox tones are better, more confident at depth and ID within the correct conductive range..
I might not know if I am digging a silver dime or copper penny but it doesn’t matter.. I’m going to dig a super deep sounding
Penny signal every time no matter what detector I’m using..

Bryan
March 12, 2018 08:18PM
Dang, You must have that Ole' Hot ground like Daniel and Keith Southern.
March 12, 2018 08:24PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dang, You must have that Ole' Hot ground like Dani
> el and Keith Southern.

My ground is not gentle either.
Also, remember even if ground is mild, an older settlement, where all the nails, ferrous have decomposed, this can mimick a lot of what hotter ground does.
So Equinox can definitely be used in areas of World with even mild ground and bring potential benefits to users when seeking out targets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 08:26PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 13, 2018 01:34AM
Glad to hear this report. Thanks for letting us know your first impressions. Please keep us posted.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant