Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CoRe hunt, first video with new camera, THAT WORKED!

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CoRe hunt, first video with new camera, THAT WORKED!
March 04, 2015 01:06AM
Old perk near 100 yr old house that will be remodeled is what we were told. We hunted this place over two years ago a lot and have just ignored it since. A couple of days ago I dug about 40 or so coins out of this area. Don't worry about the ground/dirt guy's, it's gonna have a bulldozier on it soon. This is next to the old lot's we have been hunting lately. A couple of days ago I realized this was an old sidewalk and detected it. Came back to try and do a video. The jest of this video is for you to hear how the CoRe sounds. What gestures I use when getting an overload. Listening to this machine in DI3 is superb. You don't even have to look at the TID until you get a good solid sound. Watch the amount of trash in this place and the small amount of movement it takes to isolate a target amongst a bunch of junk. Really this is very mild trash compared to the torn down house lots close by. This was a pleasure to detect. Put it on full screen to be able to see the TID when it clears my shirt while detecting. Still learning to record "good" videos and have a couple of things I'll change next time. No great finds just coins, a couple of wheats in the mix too. I ran the CTX over this spot right before this video and got 5 coins, only problem with that video, it's upside down LOL anyway enjoy the detecting, the external mic is inside my headphones for great sound just you can't hear me talk hardly at all. 28 minute 1080 video btw
[www.youtube.com]
Re: CoRe hunt, first video with new camera, THAT WORKED!
March 04, 2015 01:25AM
Jeez Jack, they may not even need a bulldozer. lol Kidding aside, that is a tiny coil, 3" ?...good depth? Thanks for the show.
March 04, 2015 01:52AM
Here's what came out of that really small area, in about 2 hours total/two hunts. Yea the beauty of old houses and old lot's that are going to really get messed up very soon. I'm just aerating the soil. When they push it, more will be exposed. The coil is the 5" Nokta coil, camera again makes it look smaller. The merc in the pic came from under a nearby dilapidated front porch, stuck the coil under it, got a high TID and it was only an inch or so under the gray sandy soil. Can't wait for them to push more down.
March 04, 2015 02:04AM
Great video Jack!!! This is a great instructional video on how to work in nails!!! I'll be watching this vid several times.
March 04, 2015 02:21AM
Good video Jack. I think people need to stop and think for a minute. The CoRe unit with small attached does seem to see more nonferrous in trashy with mixed iron in the ground than most, but guess what, it also alerts the user to more ferrous as well. Make sense?? I mean if you used most other detectors in the area Jack hunted, I don't believe you would have realized not only the quantity of nonferrous, but also the quantity of ferrous within the site.

Remember a good separating detector not only separates nonferrous from ferrous, but also nonferrous from nonferrous, and ferrous from ferrous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 02:25AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 05, 2015 02:40PM
Good video jack ....man that's a lot a trash.