Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MXT depth

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MXT depth
March 04, 2015 09:50PM
Some of you that said you had 2 or 3 MXTs, the PRO, 300, all pro, and reg. MXT. Have you seen any depth differance? Like the MXT PRO was a little deeper than the reg MXT. I know the bigger coil will make it go deeper, but same coil like 9.5 or 5.3, will the detector go deeper with the same coils? I have a old MXT that i got when they first came out, still dose very well, just want to know if newer one will go deeper. I hope you guys know what i am trying to ask. Thanks flintstone
Re: MXT depth
March 04, 2015 09:58PM
I am no expert, but everything I have read says other then stock coils and tones they are the same detector. But others may feel different.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 04, 2015 10:36PM
Thanks Bryanna, I love the MXT, just want to see if the newer ones are deeper or the same. I see you got a MXT PRO, wait till you can use it, one of the best detectors ever made. I have had mine about 14 years, ( when they first came out ) I have had lots of others, T2s, F75, Minelabs, about all of them. But always come back to the MXT. I think i am going to try thr Racer or CoRs, don,t know yet. flintstone
March 04, 2015 11:58PM
Some claimed that the old rainbow Mxt's were hotter than the trackers, but I never noticed a difference in depth between the two. As far as the newer models, I also think they are all relatively the same unit. For the options offered I would lean heavily towards the Mxt Pro with the 10x12 Sef, or at least the D2. Just my preference...
March 05, 2015 12:13AM
There all the same...

I like the Pro best because of the GG..

The depth of the MXT comes form the all metal mode runnign in unison with disc while in relic mode....

Straight disc mode I feel theres deeper units...but in all metla mode its a very deep unit...

learn to listen to the all metal side on isolated targets and you wil dig very deep targets...

Add the 10x12 SEF and it will smooth out the ground for running at max gain and also retain sensitivity to all size targets small to big.

Limitations of the MXT will come in iron debris when theres tons of nails...the relic mode is the fastest to recover and the tightest report...yet DUAL MODE is audibly tiring after a couple fo hours....iron tone is tiring enough on modern units but add threshold all metal to the mix and it is way tiring...Best coil in iron is the 4x6 DD factory coil..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2015 12:47AM
So the factory 4X6 is better the SEF 8x6 you had in your video. That 8x6 was just better at unmasking If I remember correctly.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There all the same...
>
> I like the Pro best because of the GG..
>
> The depth of the MXT comes form the all metal mode
> runnign in unison with disc while in relic
> mode....
>
> Straight disc mode I feel theres deeper
> units...but in all metla mode its a very deep
> unit...
>
> learn to listen to the all metal side on isolated
> targets and you wil dig very deep targets...
>
> Add the 10x12 SEF and it will smooth out the
> ground for running at max gain and also retain
> sensitivity to all size targets small to big.
>
> Limitations of the MXT will come in iron debris
> when theres tons of nails...the relic mode is the
> fastest to recover and the tightest report...yet
> DUAL MODE is audibly tiring after a couple fo
> hours....iron tone is tiring enough on modern
> units but add threshold all metal to the mix and
> it is way tiring...Best coil in iron is the 4x6 DD
> factory coil..
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
March 05, 2015 12:54AM
I like the 6 x8 sef over the 6x10 factory....but for unmasking the factory 4x6 has no equal on the mxt in my opinion..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2015 01:49AM
Hi Keith, Thanks for the reply. I have the 4.5x 7 Excelerator 11 pro coil and it seams a little tighter than the Whites 4x6. Feels better on the end of the detector. I have about all the coils for the MXT, I was just thinking about upin to a newer one. Didn,t know if they went any deeper. Thanks Dean
March 05, 2015 01:13PM
Thanks Keith,
Do you have any experience with the 5.3 concentric gets lots of good reviews for hunting trashy sites but not sure about unmasking and iron infested sites.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> I like the 6 x8 sef over the 6x10 factory....but
> for unmasking the factory 4x6 has no equal on the
> mxt in my opinion..
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska

March 05, 2015 10:43PM
Brianna, I'll chime in til' Keith sees the post, if ya don't mind. I was fortunate enough to have the 5.3, 4x6, 6x10, 950, d2, and 10x12 sef coils all at one time with the Mxt. For me the 5.3 concentric achieved greater depth and just felt better to swing, but the 4x6 dd, as dd's do, had better separation, the 6x10 "football" coil was horrible at depth and balance, and was quickly punted...lol...I've heard the 6x8 sef is a nice replacement coil, but never used one. The 950 concentric was fine in my mild soil and great at the beach. The d2 is a nice all around coil, but the 10x12 really shines for depth and coverage. Hope this helps.

Travis
March 05, 2015 11:20PM
You answered yourself in your question Bryanna..

The 5.3 is a great and failry deep coil with great disc capabilities...Perfect for a trashy park or yard etc..even a iron loaded site....

Yet the 4x6 In Iron contamination( constant iron grunt barrage) has no equal on the MXT platform in my opinion ...

It will eek things out of dense iron/Nails...that the 5.3 will not see or even report on as well audibly..

At times the Concentric's actually I.D. ferrous TOO WELL audibly.. and by doing this some fringe co-located targets can become ignored...the DD coils are more how should I say BLEEDY in the way it gives an iron report on a ferrous piece of metal...the nail or ferrous object can sound more poppy high low bleedy sounding...and by doing this and coupling that with exact tone breaks it will give some of those fringe co-located targets a better chance at being heard..

All my take...so other's may see differently..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2015 11:31PM
Thanks Keith as usual your answers are amazing. Thank you thank you!

Keith Southern Wrote:
> You answered yourself in your question Bryanna..
>
> The 5.3 is a great and failry deep coil with great
> disc capabilities...Perfect for a trashy park or
> yard etc..even a iron loaded site....
>
> Yet the 4x6 In Iron contamination( constant iron
> grunt barrage) has no equal on the MXT platform
> in my opinion ...
>
> It will eek things out of dense iron/Nails...that
> the 5.3 will not see or even report on as well
> audibly..
>
> At times the Concentric's actually I.D. ferrous
> TOO WELL audibly.. and by doing this some fringe
> co-located targets can become ignored...the DD
> coils are more how should I say BLEEDY in the way
> it gives an iron report on a ferrous piece of
> metal...the nail or ferrous object can sound more
> poppy high low bleedy sounding...and by doing this
> and coupling that with exact tone breaks it will
> give some of those fringe co-located targets a
> better chance at being heard..
>
> All my take...so other's may see differently..
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska