Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's Up, Equinox?

Posted by Pasttom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's Up, Equinox?
March 13, 2018 12:40AM
I read and I watched and finally my 800 came and today I got a few minutes to swing by the beach and pick up my gold ring. Bang! First hit a solid 13 and what do I find? A nickel! It was on edge so I am lucky it was not a big silver coin, but what the heck? Where is my first outing gold ring? What kind of machine is this that it can't generate a ring? My excal or my CTX could have hit that, but I made them wait in the car.

Seriously though, I am very pleased with the 800 and from the first outing I felt like I understood what she was saying. My finds about doubled in the park/field and the beach was very pleasant and while I didn't get wet or hunt more than an hour I am very satisfied with how it performed.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
Re: What's Up, Equinox?
March 13, 2018 12:58AM
An awesome machine! Congrats on the find.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 13, 2018 01:05AM
hope you get your gold!
March 13, 2018 01:10AM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is my first outing gold ring? Wh
> at kind of machine is this that it can't generate
> a ring? My excal or my CTX could have hit that, b
> ut I made them wait in the car.

Sorry Pasttom, only those lucky individuals that are on the "Minelab Fanboy Payroll Program" will receive the Equinox 800's that will actually find 1st time out gold jewelry and gold coins.
Did you sign up, start a youtube channel and take the secret oath ??? grinning smiley

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 13, 2018 11:10AM
I got lucky and struck gold on my first trip with my EQ600. Small 10k 1.5g ring.
March 13, 2018 01:12PM
I was having a Email conversation with another hunter who said the same thing ive been thinking.. "So far ive not seen a single piece of gold that the CTX or even the Xcal wouldnt have it on. Of course i have no idea if some of the finds were because of better separation or deeper." I personally wont know until i have some time on the machine starting this weekend. For the most part IN the water the beaches are pretty clean compared to dry sand, parks or some of the other hunting areas and conditions. Once everyone gets the waterproof phones...... then i think we will see its potential as a water machine.
March 13, 2018 04:25PM
Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant Wrote:
> Pasttom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where is my first outing gold ring? Wh
> > at kind of machine is this that it can't generat
> e
> > a ring? My excal or my CTX could have hit that,
> b
> > ut I made them wait in the car.
>
> Sorry Pasttom, only those lucky individuals that a
> re on the "Minelab Fanboy Payroll Program" will re
> ceive the Equinox 800's that will actually find 1s
> t time out gold jewelry and gold coins.
> Did you sign up, start a youtube channel and take
> the secret oath ??? grinning smiley

So that's why I haven't been finding gold--knew I must be doing something wrong! I hear you on the pull tabs. With me, everything at ~13 seems to be one. One user reports finding nickels when it's a fairly solid 13 but with a few dips to 12 (not up, and the dips to 12 being necessary). I'll have to try that next time I'm in a park. Nothing else has worked.
March 13, 2018 08:01PM
If you can find a detector that doesn't find pull tabs PM me please lol.
March 13, 2018 08:16PM
GM......... i know several..... you just disc them all out.....grinning smiley
March 14, 2018 05:22PM
Probability and reality are often at odds. Quirky things just seem to happen. Even as time passes and a huge number of people get lots of experience with this and really any detector, some will get great results and others will be frustrated and unhappy. There are just so many variables in detectors, detectorists and dirt. For myself, having owned and used well over 20 low, mid and high end detectors, I believe the Equinox to be a mid-priced, high end performing, detector that brings some new features and an evolution of design that is very encouraging. It can be improved upon and there is a learning curve, but a mild one. Even though the gold ring has so far eluded me I predict its only a matter of time and determination.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 15, 2018 02:31AM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Even though the
> gold ring has so far eluded me I predict its only
> a matter of time and determination.

Pasttom, thanks for sharing your initial thoughts, please keep us posted on your further impression.

BTW..... Have you seen Tom D's Beach Hunting Video ? ? ? This video is the equivalent to upgrading your detector by a factor of 10.
You'd be surprised how much easier that gold ring might be when your armed with this type of knowledge "nuclear weaponry"

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant