Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ-3D strengths????? Trying to make up my mind.

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ-3D strengths????? Trying to make up my mind.
March 08, 2015 04:19AM
I live in an area where the dirt is anywhere from 2 Bar to 4 Bar (using the F75's iron strength thing). Most of the places are two bars of iron reading. Will the CZ-3D suit me in this type of dirt??? What are the two frequencies that the CZ-3D run in? I am going to hunt some places for coins. Is the CZ-3D mainly a coin shooting machine? For those of you who own one,........and hunt coins primarily.......is the CZ-3D the first unit that you grab? Or is there another unit that you have found that seems to increase your coin finds, notably enough to where the CZ stays in the closet? I apologize for not researching this out, but I have got to get busy around here and shut my computer off and this question sprang to mind since I have located a machine that has been certified/tuned by Tom. I'd really like to get some candid feedback on the machine. I don't think that NasaTom would discourage my asking for candid reviews......including negative aspects as well......so that y'all can help me make an intelligent decision. And I wholeheartedly appreciate it. I will do some research in the morning but I have some domestic work that needs doing before I 'hit the hay'. Thanks gals and guys. A bunch.
Re: Fisher CZ-3D strengths????? Trying to make up my mind.
March 08, 2015 01:03PM
Kevin,

Yes.

5 kHz and 15

Yes, designed to high tone on most US coins.....even nickles.

If the area is low to mid low on iron/trash, I will use it...it doesn't collect dust.

My opinion is.... you go through a lot of detectors, why not experience a 3d.
March 08, 2015 01:24PM
Kevin -- I may be wrong, but didn't you already have a CZ3D at one time? I would have bet a Coke Cola that it was you. Could be wrong though.

A more expensive approach woild be a CTX in which you could get it to do the same thing as the CZ3D....i.e. report all US Coins as a high tone or whatever tone was pleasing to your ears. You would also have the DD coils to work with instead of the old concentric coils. The CTX would allow you to hunt decently effecient in trash and iron with the 6" coil. I had mine up for sale but after using it yesterday, and having it wow me again, I decided to keep it.
March 08, 2015 03:56PM
CZ's are user friendly depth demons and coil for coil size are as deep or deeper than most however they are easily masked...Can be hipmounted...certainly old technology at its finest...Used every model ever made and speaking from hands on experience should be a welcomed newcomer to yourself.
March 08, 2015 04:12PM
Yes, I did own one that I purchased from Tom. I mentioned it in another post recently. I bought it (and sold it) while I was still very wet behind the ears about which detector was good for what. The only thing, memory-wise, that stands out to me is this: I would be hunting an old yard and I would get a beautiful two way hi tone, much like Tom did in the "Inland Coin and Relic DVD" and I would dig it, and it would, more often than not, be a beaver-tail pull tab or a bottle top. At the time I owned it, I didn't know much about them except that the guys that had them, liked them. So I didn't give the unit the chance that it deserved. If I recall, it was certified by Tom as detecting a dime in Florida inert dirt and 12.5 inches......if memory serves.
I knew so little about them at the time, that I didn't even know that they were dual-frequency. At the time, and I was still VERY new to detecting, I think that I had this rookie notion that I could take it to the school yard and coins would start showing up that hadn't showed up before. Like magic.
I have owned an Etrac (couple of them, actually) and everytime I owned one, I would find silver (if the machine wasn't nulling). So my question(s) are still posed from a person with a lack of real experience. I think that about the only unit that I have really learned well was/is the Teknetic G2/F-19.
I appreciate the feedback. I have slept on it and realized that (one) the time changed back and I didn't have a clue and (two) it shouldn't be long before the Racer shows up and satisfies this fixation with the UPS or USPS tracking numbers. And acquiring a new toy to play with.
Y'all have a great day. kevin
March 08, 2015 04:18PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CZ's are user friendly depth demons and coil for
> coil size are as deep or deeper than most however
> they are easily masked...Can be
> hipmounted...certainly old technology at its
> finest...Used every model ever made and speaking
> from hands on experience should be a welcomed
> newcomer to yourself.

2xs agreed with Dan

Great machines (same as are the predecessors = the CZ6a) which imo are the best of the land use CZ's --- I personally rather have just the 3 tones of the 6a VS 4 tones of the 3d but not everyone is the same in that regard.

I like to hip mount the CZ - it makes for easy/long hrs of swinging a coil

and if you like DEEP = you'll like a CZ!
March 08, 2015 06:16PM
Get the racer or the deus I loved the CZ3D but would never get on now even for park hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 08, 2015 09:25PM
In my opinion for the money the E-trac is better then the CTX 3030. The CZ-3D is no slouch also as I have both. If you have a lot of iron trash the E-trac. If you have a lot more modern pull tab, foil etc. and it is still and older site the CZ-3D. IMHO these are the 2 best old coin detectors out there at this moment.
March 08, 2015 09:41PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> In my opinion for the money the E-trac is better
> then the CTX 3030. The CZ-3D is no slouch also as
> I have both. If you have a lot of iron trash the
> E-trac. If you have a lot more modern pull tab,
> foil etc. and it is still and older site the
> CZ-3D. IMHO these are the 2 best old coin
> detectors out there at this moment.

I have to agree Harold, for the $$$$ hard to beat. And both of them have detected more than their fair share of deep coins.
March 09, 2015 04:19AM
Great advice from all Kevin. Now if you can just use a machine for more than six months without selling it you will be money ahead. I personally love the CZ's for relic, beach, and coin machines. Just have to realize that they do get masked by heavy iron concentrations and have a fast DD machine for those areas.

You could do like me and have a dozen machines. Then after the newness of a machine wears off you just put it in the rack and grab one of your other older units and learn it better. Then use for awhile and rotate to another later. You will be surprised how much each machines strengths and weaknesses become apparent after awhile. I know how hard it is not to look for the next great machine that hits the shelves, I fight that urge myself and all to often give in and buy another machine. Trueth is, most of the top machines from yesterday's elite to today's best all find great finds. Experience and putting the coil over a good target by research and time in the field is the real factor to becoming the best detectorist. But, hey, we all like thinking that the next machine will be manic in our hands. Enjoy...Stuart
March 09, 2015 05:23PM
Yes, I regret that I have sold off some great machines. Don't really know what I was thinking. Something of a second childhood guess......always looking forward to the delivery of a new toy to play with. It doesn't speak well of myself. But, still, for the most part......it's been a fun ride. And still is.
I appreciate all of the feedback.
The weather is trying to decide if it will rain all day or simply look like it's just about to cut loose and pour.
March 09, 2015 08:19PM
Kevin, when you were a kid, did you want your mom to only buy cereal with prizes in the box? lol. Ha, remembering back, I think I did,... taste was secondary. What's my point you ask, heck I don't know.
Let us know if you get a 3d and how you do with it.
March 09, 2015 09:31PM
Geesh! You had a 12.5" tuned CZ!? That has to be close to maximum attainable depth for that unit. Bummer you sold it. I had one and really liked it, but it was a newer model and only rated at 9.2". So I sold it with the intent of finding a deeper one down the road. I love the tones, and when that middle window is tweaked it's a nickel monster...
March 09, 2015 09:44PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Kevin, when you were a kid, did you want your mom
> to only buy cereal with prizes in the box? lol.
> Ha, remembering back, I think I did,... taste was
> secondary. What's my point you ask, heck I don't
> know.
> Let us know if you get a 3d and how you do with
> it.

I would go through the grocery store and look for the cereals with baseball stuff. (cars, figurines, etc etc). I would pitch it in my mother's cart. So.......yes......I did, indeed. I'm not real sure that I have my brain a good chance to develop during the formative years.
But, with the Racer shipment seeming to be within a reasonable time-frame...I'll wait for it. The F19 will do fine until then. Really the dirt is too soggy to be doing much detecting (the plug-hole fills with water before target can be found). I'll just exercise patience, as much as it pains me to do so. lol
And besides, I feel the detecting bug sort of ebbing down-ward for a time. At least unit some new "paradigm" can be instituted into these machines that will really open eyes. Pipe dream maybe. But it's just a hobby. A fun one, none-the-less. Happy Detecting! kevin