Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The AT GOLD and Equinox on a unmasking test..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The AT GOLD and Equinox on a unmasking test..
March 20, 2018 07:47PM
Which one unmask better?? You be the judge..unmasking
Re: The AT GOLD and Equinox on a unmasking test..
March 20, 2018 08:21PM
Equinox wins again big surprise. Do You get a check from Minelab or one of them Free Detectors?
If not You should. Ha!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 10:03PM by Harold,ILL..
March 20, 2018 09:06PM
Wow! that says something....thanks for all your videos and tests.thumbs down

I have a bud that has a 800 on order from our local ma and pa detector shop. I said to him "check out calabash diggers vids" and he did and enjoyed them.

I said if calabash diggers voice and accent sounds familiar, think of Larry the Cable Guy. lol. Not trying to offend or anything like that. Do you do stand up comedy?smileys with beer
March 20, 2018 10:44PM
I used a AT-Gold for years run your iron disc at 30 and see what it does. I bout bet that it would get that dime. Is there any iron rebar in the concrete your swinging over? Also turn your iron audio on and do the test.
Here's a test I done a while back
[youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 11:01PM by 88junior.
March 21, 2018 12:30AM
Thanks CD for your dedication in providing high quality video of your tests and live hunts. Nice to watch since I have another Nor'easter heading into Connecticut sad smiley Will I ever see Spring? Oh yea that started today lol.
March 21, 2018 12:41AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Equinox wins again big surprise. Do You get a chec
> k from Minelab or one of them Free Detectors?
> If not You should. Ha!

Nobody could possibly be just interested in showing the facts....
March 21, 2018 12:48AM
88junior Wrote:
> I used a AT-Gold for years run your iron disc at 3
> 0 and see what it does. I bout bet that it would g
> et that dime. Is there any iron rebar in the conc
> rete your swinging over? Also turn your iron audio
> on and do the test.
> Here's a test I done a while back
> [youtu.be]

No iron rebar. ran it down into the 30s. Why do I need iron audio on? That would just cause more racket. The Nox iron was cut off too..
March 21, 2018 01:27AM
The reason you run your iron audio on is in order to get max separation abilities in iron. Yeah it gets noisier but when it goes over a non ferrous target it locks on with good audio. It's the best way to run a AT machine in iron infested sites to pick out non ferrous targets.
March 21, 2018 01:58AM
I started with the AT PRO and ran o disc and listened to it all. Didn't have to run with iron audio on because nothing was disc out.. IMO running with the iron audio on just causes a bunch of useless racket. imo Also all that iron noise is just gonna over power your faint signals . I use to think that same thing but I have changed from those days and many thousands of hours hunting iron loaded sites.
March 21, 2018 02:59AM
I guess I ran my machine wrong. But I did find some nice coins and relics in bed of nails running the iron audo on though even though the noise could be over bearing but the finds I made was worth it.
March 21, 2018 03:14AM
I didn't say wrong... but I dont see the benefit in it. Heres a question for you to ponder. If your gonna run with iron audio on at all times why not just run it off and run zero disc?? I'm gonna tell you something that's the truth! Someone will come along and say it aint but it is very much the truth. Buy a Nox or a Deus for that matter and go back to those iron sites that you found the good finds at. It will blow your mind at how many targets were left behind by the AT GOLD. That's the truth if I ever told it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2018 03:18AM by calabash digger.
March 21, 2018 06:55AM
I know the Nox and Deus are fine machines in iron but I don't have the need or want for another machine that works in iron the T2+ and NEL Sharpshooter and 5" DD coil is all I need. Keith Southern also uses iron audio on in thick iron in sites that have stopped producing in order to pick out a few more keepers with the AT-PRO. So the iron audio feature does something to help pick through the iron better than just using zero disc on them.
March 21, 2018 10:14AM
Iron audio on the ATPro was mild compared to the headache making noise that came from the max. It was equal to eating Tide pods. Neither makes any sense to your health. BUT it isn't wrong to use iron audio on the AT machines, just keep a good therapist on the payroll. If your keeping your disc up, and iron audio off for any length of time when do you know your over a bed of iron to even turn on your iron audio? Why not leave it on zero disc? I've never met anyone that can listen to ATMax iron audio for any length of time.. do you flip it on to check now and then? The deus and the equinox and others have an iron volume so it can be on all the time everywhere you hunt.. now would that not save alot of time?
March 21, 2018 11:13AM
88junior Wrote:
> I know the Nox and Deus are fine machines in iron
> but I don't have the need or want for another mach
> ine that works in iron the T2+ and NEL Sharpshoote
> r and 5" DD coil is all I need. Keith Southern als
> o uses iron audio on in thick iron in sites that h
> ave stopped producing in order to pick out a few m
> ore keepers with the AT-PRO. So the iron audio fea
> ture does something to help pick through the iron
> better than just using zero disc on them.

My mentor whos been in the relic game 30 yrs used to be a T2 guy. Until he saw what I was doing with the Deus in iron. As far as iron audio goes to each his own on that issue. I have found BETTER and more ENJOYABLE ways to hunt thick iron than listen to all that racket... What do I mean? Deus has iron vol you can cut it down where its way lower than the other tones and so does Nox. That lets the non ferrous tones be heard easily and doesn't give your brain a egg scramble at the end of the day. You might think iron audio in iron is helping you and that's ok but in my world your just creating unessary noise and MISSING targets. I wish I lived close to you I would put one of these machines on your iron loaded sites and demonstrate whats really going on for you..
March 21, 2018 08:58PM
I'm not saying use iron audio or don't, but I THINK the purpose for having it on is to keep the audio gate open - not nulling on iron when perhaps the null will cut out/mask an audio signal from a good target that is adjacent to the iron.
Agreed, zero disc should do the same thing regarding iron, but I suppose there are some non ferrous undesirable targets that could be quietened with disc while still hearing the iron with iron audio.

Wayne
March 21, 2018 09:26PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> I'm not saying use iron audio or don't, but I THIN
> K the purpose for having it on is to keep the audi
> o gate open - not nulling on iron when perhaps the
> null will cut out/mask an audio signal from a good
> target that is adjacent to the iron.
> Agreed, zero disc should do the same thing regardi
> ng iron, but I suppose there are some non ferrous
> undesirable targets that could be quietened with d
> isc while still hearing the iron with iron audio.
>
> Wayne
Wayne your explanation hit the nail on the head. It just unmasks better with it on. Even though it's noisy it works.
March 22, 2018 07:11PM
I ran another test today and used the at gold the way you said set it up... Its in the did the equinox obsolete all single freq vlf machines? Post
March 22, 2018 10:38PM
Here's a video I did about five years ago on AT PRO iron audio on and off on a one dollar gold coin..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 22, 2018 11:46PM
I've seen that video before. Nails are not lying flat . Much easier to pick things from nails straight up and down. Even besides all of that no way could I listen to that noise very long.. and the max and gold are worse .. they need iron volume really bad and that would help so much.
March 23, 2018 12:52AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> I've seen that video before. Nails are not lying f
> lat . Much easier to pick things from nails straig
> ht up and down. Even besides all of that no way co
> uld I listen to that noise very long.. and the max
> and gold are worse .. they need iron volume really
> bad and that would help so much.

You realize that the coins are on edge also. I have seen quiet a few machines that couldn't pick up a coin on edge then add in the nails and it is mission impossible. So I think it is a pretty fair test myself.
March 23, 2018 01:40AM
I watched that video some years back when I had my AT PRO.
March 23, 2018 01:42AM
Yes I do realize that. I was stating the obvious. I've seen many of his deck board vids and many machines easily find those on edge coins. Lay one of those nails flat and very high chance coins disappear.. just saying. I have a nox and have owned damn near every detector and can say with certainty that the nox is the real deal.