Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ANYONE KNOW

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ANYONE KNOW
April 02, 2011 01:32AM
HI All, dose anyone here use a Minelab X-terra 50? I just picked up a used one that is surposed to be in very good condition. I have never used a Minelab of any kind,so hope to be a good detector for coins. I got the MF coil and the 5x10 HF coil. witch is best for parks and for old houses? Thanks Much For any help. Dean
Re: ANYONE KNOW
April 02, 2011 11:35AM
Dean,

Use the smaller coil............the closer you get to structures. Trash/debris becomes MUCH more prevalent (sometimes 'unknowingly') when you get closer to 'human activity'. I've had a X-50 and X-70 in my test-garden quite some time ago......and don't remember any special/unique performance characteristics worthy of mention.
April 02, 2011 02:11PM
Thanks Tom, When you had them in your test spot, did the 50 do ok? I hope it dose good if not i will keep looking for a good CZ3D. Dean
April 02, 2011 03:15PM
I am sure it does OK but is OK enough to find the masked targets and the history in your area? A lot has changed since that machine has come out..I tired one and was not impressed but I kept it for a few weeks and tested it against my CZ3 and kept the CZ...depending on what you want to find the 50 maybe a backup unit or one to carry in the truck in case you find a site you must hunt...What are you hunting with as your main detector? The CZ3D is a great unit we used it a schools and parks but in the area I live in now, it did not make a good relic hunter but it was not designed that way...Tom designed a great machine that can hold its own even today...You may want to look at a used F75? Now that machine can do it all. The 50 and a lot of other machines would not come close to how that machine works..the Fisher and Tek's are one of the best compaines out there making detectors today..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Flintstone......Re: ANYONE KNOW
April 02, 2011 06:14PM
See post a few below this titled 'FISHER F75 SE (LTD)'.......T-Manly has a heck of a deal on a brand new F-75 LTD.
Re: Flintstone......Re: ANYONE KNOW
April 02, 2011 10:01PM
I don't recall any outstanding feature(s) with the X-50.......but remember that it was not bad......for the dollar amount. I believe there are better units out there for your dollar.