Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz5 and cz6a.

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz5 and cz6a.
April 02, 2011 02:50PM
tom, can a cz5 be converted into a cz6a?

what are the specific electronic and cosmetic differences?

are they calibrated differently?

how is the cz6a "weathersealed" compared to a cz5 aside from no speaker opening on the 6a?
thanks, chuck.
Re: cz5 and cz6a.
April 02, 2011 09:56PM
CZ-6a is rainproof. CZ-5 is not. That is the only difference...........as the electronics are identical. First Texas/Fisher does not have the weatherproofing parts to convert a 5 to a 6a. I can convert a 5/6a to a 3D.......but no weatherproofing.
April 02, 2011 10:58PM
" I can convert a 5/6a to a 3D "

Is this to say that these machines have the same basic electronic's , except the 3D has the VDI scale and tones changed ? ...... I would consider a 3D but cannot , and do not , want to wrap my head around the changes like a Nickel coming in at a high tone ....I can't think of any other machine where this happens .... I guess it's just too different for me ....?????.....Jim
April 03, 2011 12:21AM
could a person cover the speaker and fabricate gaskets to make a cz5 rainproof? at which points are the gaskets located? i would guess, battery compartment and front panel to housing? thanks tom!
chuck.
April 03, 2011 01:23AM
That's one of the major attributes of the CZ platform......whereby 'nickels' are high-tone. The window/bandwidth of the CZ 'nickel' window ... is the tightest in the industry...........so as to mitigate a ton of trash..........that ...........otherwise.....would ID as 'nickel' ... as with many/most other detectors.

Rainproofing (ie CZ-6a) is a BUNCH of gaskets. Every hull penetration from all knob shafts, rubber boot over 'salt/normal' switch. Gasketed headphone jack, entire faceplate gasket, battery door cover, coil hull penetration gasket, O-rings for the two hull penetration screws on the back of the CZ, gasketed meter faceplate......and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others.
USE A ZIPLOC/PLASTIC BAG OVER THE CONTROL BOX of a CZ-5. It's much easier.!!!!
April 03, 2011 01:38AM
Nickel is also in the Gold range on many detectors .....Where does that put gold on the 3D's scale ? ......and speaking of which , how well does the 3D do with Gold ? .....The reason I'm asking is because I'm not crazy about the way the AT Pro handles wet salt sand , or actually in shallow saltwater ....I was hoping to use one of the CZ's on dry and wet salt sand, as well as very shallow saltwater detecting ..... Bringing the AT Pro to the beach is fine on the dry sand , but then again , just about ANY detectror will work well on dry sand .....It's the wet and the shallow water where most detectors have a problem .... Jim
Tom D......Re: cz5 and cz6a.
April 03, 2011 02:38AM
I know you tested the T2 prototype.........but how would you rate the newest T2/F75 'nickel window' and also their 4 tone capability......in comparison to the CZ? Supposedly the newer T2 software is close to the F75 performance in depth/ID or other aspects.
April 03, 2011 02:43PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's one of the major attributes of the CZ
> platform......whereby 'nickels' are high-tone. The
> window/bandwidth of the CZ 'nickel' window ... is
> the tightest in the industry...........so as to
> mitigate a ton of trash..........that
> ...........otherwise.....would ID as 'nickel' ...
> as with many/most other detectors.
>
> Rainproofing (ie CZ-6a) is a BUNCH of gaskets.
> Every hull penetration from all knob shafts,
> rubber boot over 'salt/normal' switch. Gasketed
> headphone jack, entire faceplate gasket, battery
> door cover, coil hull penetration gasket, O-rings
> for the two hull penetration screws on the back of
> the CZ, gasketed meter faceplate......and I'm sure
> I'm forgetting a few others.
> USE A ZIPLOC/PLASTIC BAG OVER THE CONTROL BOX of a
> CZ-5. It's much easier.!!!!

wow!! ok, i will just keep looking for a 6a
April 04, 2011 10:40AM
I use these to protect my CZ5 .
[www.amazon.com]
April 04, 2011 09:46PM
The 'nickel' window on the F75 and T2 are quite wide.