Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Electroscopes ???

Posted by kioti 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Electroscopes ???
March 24, 2018 01:42AM
Electroscopes ??

I came across the name of this instrument, device, etc. and haven't the foggiest idea of what it is ?? Also would like to know if any of our forum members are familiar with this device. Can explain what it is and have some hands on experience with this unit.

Can it be used, in conjunction with metal detectors and be an effective tool?? I Hope I'm not out of line here? If this does not belong here just tell me where to go? Thank you very much as any an all your feedback will be appreciated. SP USAF 62-66
Re: Electroscopes ???
March 24, 2018 02:00AM
It's a dowsing rod, and a scam. Buy one if you want an education.
March 24, 2018 02:31AM
Geotech Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a dowsing rod, and a scam. Buy one if you wan
> t an education.

Geotech doesn't know what he's talking about. *Obviously * it's not a dowsing rod. Because it has a battery, wires, and electronic innards. Hence an electronic scientific device. Tsk tsk.

And if Geotech tries to tell you that it's been tried by testers and shown to be lacking : That merely means the person who tried it didn't practice long enough and/or wasn't using it right. Tsk Tsk. After all: Haven't you seen the advertisements of the guys posed next to the jars of coins they found with their Electroscopes ? And photographs don't lie after all. Lastly: It's advertised by Kellyco and the magazines. They wouldn't allow scam devices to be put in there.

Recant Geotech.
March 24, 2018 03:08AM
There are youtube videos. Dowsing rods are much, much cheaper! Gary (gardansolyn) has a dowsing video.

Wayne
March 24, 2018 04:05AM
In case you missed Tom's wicked sarcasm, it's 100% snake oil.

Geotech who posted above is Carl Moreland who, as a sideline to his real job, is probably the world's premiere debunker of LRLs.

Too bad some sharp prosecutor hasn't spent a tiny fraction of the time Carl has going after the guys who make and market this garbage.
March 24, 2018 08:51AM
its a massive scam device ..it was taken apart by electronics engineers and the encapsulated circuitry inside was a fiction as it did nothing .and the price was heavy..the testers report is online if you do a search .showing its all BS inside the device.the sort of thing a child would make who had no idea of basic electronics
March 24, 2018 09:02AM
March 24, 2018 01:00PM
Personally saw a like device work....as it pointed out a large hidden gold ring....used it myself after a quick how to use..
On other hand years ago at hunt in Atllantic City silver bar was moved where testers planted and they could not find....long story but obvious unit mentioned in post did not work.
Your call but I would not buy...as previous poster mentioned taken apart and pure junk and fraud..
March 24, 2018 01:06PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Personally saw a like device work....as it pointed
> out a large hidden gold ring....used it myself aft
> er a quick how to use..

What "like device" is this ? A swiveling device pointer rod device ? If so, then I'd suspect there's a more plausible explanation for the appearances that "it worked". Please share with us what device this was, and what test was performed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2018 01:09PM by Tom_in_CA.
March 24, 2018 01:14PM
Name was removed Tom but it was device you mention.....explain how it was done.
I used the device and it swiveled after owner hid ring ..did not know where it was...
March 24, 2018 02:39PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Name was removed Tom but it was device you mention
> .....explain how it was done.
> I used the device and it swiveled after owner hid
> ring ..did not know where it was...

Uh-oh , it looks like Carl Moreland / Geotech has been debunked. Some sort of LRL works. Ok Carl: Recant . Personal testimony is indisputable after all winking smiley
March 24, 2018 02:52PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Name was removed Tom but it was device you mention
> .....explain how it was done.
> I used the device and it swiveled after owner hid
> ring ..did not know where it was...

Here's one possible explanation : What ring was chosen for this test ? A ring you provided ? Or a ring he provided ? Who chose the staged test location: You ? or was it a pre-arranged site of where he had arranged ?

Imagine if a guy has 20 identical gold bands. He places them at 20 compass points around a room. You walk in and are shown a swivel rod . Then he shows you a gold ring. He announces he's going to hide it in the room while you step out . You return to the room. You use the rod. It ends up pointing in a certain direction. He reveals to you the gold ring from that sector of the compass direction. Of course, .... 19 gold rings still remain. And you assume the ring is the one he's just hidden.

Not saying that's what happened with your scenario. But just sayin' ..... before I'd buy into any LRL success testimonies, to make sure it passes all double-blind protocols, to make sure no parlor tricks are at play. Sometimes more plausible explanations come out.
March 25, 2018 03:06PM
the claims it finds items 3 miles away and/or 20 feet deep should make you query its claims as its absurd
March 25, 2018 03:40PM
Damn it, I wasted my money on these too....angry smiley

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 26, 2018 09:45AM
I found water once with one. I was in a boat.
March 26, 2018 02:25PM
Electroscopes are indeed nonsense.....
but DOWSING RODS, are the real deal!!!

They work off of some undefinable, indescribable, unmeasurable type of "energy".

Humans simply no longer have the "mystic knowledge" required to understand or explain exactly how they work. It was lost long ago. drinking smiley

Just make sure you have enough "training" to become "in-tune" with the mysterious energy that makes the rods work, but then again, some people were just born with it. eye rolling smiley
March 26, 2018 02:39PM
dave_e Wrote:

> but DOWSING RODS, are the real deal!!!
>
> They work off of some undefinable, indescribable,
> unmeasurable type of "energy".
>

AKA: "Undiscovered Science".

Isn't undiscovered science wonderful ? It can be used to prove any notion or claim whatsoever. No matter how absurd. You can't disprove the claim. Since ... . of course .... it's undefinable, unmeasurable, and undiscovered. Hence the beauty of the come-back line.

I can propose that my tennis shoe with a dog turf inserted inside of it, can find treasure. If you say "that's absurd", all I have to do is say : "It's undiscovered science". Presto, problem solved smiling smiley
March 28, 2018 03:31AM
Works every time. Finds $1,000 for the guy selling it!
March 28, 2018 09:01AM
some guys in the UK who made and sold fake bomb detectors are doing 12 years in jail for fraud ..hint hint
March 28, 2018 05:47PM
diggers Wrote:
> some guys in the UK who made and sold fake bomb de
> tectors are doing 12 years in jail for fraud ..hin
> t hint

I saw that story and video clips. And what was even MORE amazing, what that the airport security screening people, at various airports in a few countries who had bought the snake oil, actually would not believe that they were scams. Because by this time, they'd been using them for awhile. And swore they were getting results. Eg.: the object seems to point to certain luggage, they search it, and insist they are having better odds at success in finding drugs, bombs, etc... on the luggage that the devices pointed to. Hence: How can you say it's not working ?

But the explanation is: Subconscious biases, same as dowsing: You tend to point the device at places/objects you already suspect. And in the case of search for explosives or bombs, if the passenger is suspicious looking, then perhaps you just subconsciously pick out HIS luggage as the one that needs the further searching ? Same for dowsing: You take it out to a certain field where an old cellar hole is, wave it around, and it points to a certain tree, or prominent over look, or chimney, etc.... You take out the detector to "pinpoint" . Lo & behold you find metal ? Say it isn't so ! As you can see: the user was merely subconsciously pointing it to the most likely spot. Well gee, so too can a metal detectorist, with his naked eyes, do the same thing: Evaluate the landscape and ask himself the most likely spot that picnickers would have set their blanket, the most likely spot that emigrants would have stopped their wagons and camped, etc....