Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 DE ,BC, AND BP PROCESS COMPARED TO THE EQUINOX.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 DE ,BC, AND BP PROCESS COMPARED TO THE EQUINOX.
March 24, 2018 03:39PM
EMI is a variable in this test. I run the f75 with a high gain and also a low gain in this video. I check all three modes and so on. I run the Equinox in park 2 with recovery speed of 5. I know someone is gonna have something to say about the emi.. If someone wants to send me a f75 + or the upgraded latest and greatest to test I will more than gladly pay shipping both ways. I will also run the machine how you say to set it up for maximum performance in the test I'm doing. I will run it thru the same exact test as the camo . These are my findings and your results might vary. My soil is mild and detectors normally test at very good depths here. This one is for you chain rattler..f75
Re: F75 DE ,BC, AND BP PROCESS COMPARED TO THE EQUINOX.
March 24, 2018 04:21PM
"This one is for you chain rattler"---See I done told you so.
March 24, 2018 07:18PM
F-75 is well known for EMI issues. When it first came out, people were wrapping them around trees.

The lowering of the sens doesn't get rid of EMI on the 75, it is still there dancing about. What helps better is to raise disc, which I hate doing. Also, freq shift may help to reduce the chatter, but not by much.. I'll hunt in all metal if EMI is hampering the tones in disc..but not in high trash. Many areas nothing works and you can't hunt.

Your videos may have me selling my 1021cz and 75's for greener pastures and better tec.

Thanks for putting in the time calabash, appreciate it.
March 24, 2018 07:46PM
Need the LTD2 with DST thumbs down

It addresses (or at least partially) the EMI issue, but nothing else.
March 24, 2018 09:18PM
Thanks for the comparison CD, i always fancied trying an F75, but it was very average in the vid, and in good soil to, the narrow coil might have hurt the depth, but even so it was poor.
March 25, 2018 12:55AM
Thanks for this more in-depth view on the F75 VS NOX. Fine business, enjoyed it very well.

I do have to ask..... did it ever cross your mind to perform these tests in a better EMI environment ???
We can clearly see that the NOX handles EMI better but what if the testing was in a more neutral environment ???

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 25, 2018 02:11PM
Thank You for making this video.

As an F75 user, I think your sweep technique could be changed to get better results from the machine.
It likes a smooth sweep over the target, covering plenty of ground each side of the target. Short sweeps back and forwards above the target don't help it at all. A 30"+ sweep, rather than 8".

I have an early model 75, and that heavy chatter is very familiar, you do get used to it, but it is annoying all the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2018 02:13PM by Pimento.
March 25, 2018 10:37PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an early model 75, and that heavy chatter i
> s very familiar, you do get used to it, but it is
> annoying all the same.

This is why I waited when the F75 came out. I was not sure if it was going to hit anything faster, deeper, more accurately, with or without EMI chatter etc etc.
I'm glad that I did not pull the trigger on the F75 when it came out.
After being released I kept seeing posts and a few videos of EMI issues with excessive chatter.
I concluded that compared to my CZ3D, there was no substantial benefit to be gained except for lighter weight and no need to hip mount.
I now await my NOX to arrive......

Until then....I'm still trying to get these damned things to work.... suggestions ??

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 25, 2018 11:11PM
Calabash, I was just wondering out of curiosity sake. If you set the Nox up using 15khz only up against the F75 which is 13 kHz only and compared the 2 wonder what the results would be.
I know it's probably a waste of time. Having a detector that can run 5 frequencies at once such as the Nox is a no brainier. But it would be interesting to know, just for the heck of it, what that outcome would be.
March 26, 2018 02:29AM
It would probably be close but that's just a guess. I will tell you this that multi iq stuff works ,I mean it will see stuff that other detectors cant . The deus see all the stuff but has to bumped up to 54 kh to do it. Some reported objects that the deus couldn't see but the Nox could..