Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cover up your meters one day.

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cover up your meters one day.
March 24, 2018 08:38PM
It may give you a better sound profile of the signal.
Re: Cover up your meters one day.
March 24, 2018 09:09PM
Did that already - took Keith S’s advice abd treated my ears to the symphony played by the Deep Tech Vista Gold Gain. Lovely.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 24, 2018 09:16PM
That's why I like My Golden uMax as has Tone I.D. and Modulated audio. It's fun to Hunt that way. I think everyone should have at least one meterless detector in the line up.
March 24, 2018 09:27PM
No way, i love the screen on my Signum, i know where 'coke' ID's, that's all i use it for, unlike on the Deus where it's easily fooled!
Cover up your meters one day -
March 24, 2018 10:00PM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It may give you a better sound profile of the sign
> al.

Close the eyes and listen to the target while you sweep over it. Enjoy the audio . . . . One of the reasons I've had an FBS detector for so long. I love that audio. And it finds stuff.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
Re: Cover up your meters one day -
March 24, 2018 10:13PM
I did that today, but my Bandido does not have a meter, found a nice injun.
March 24, 2018 11:24PM
I do that frequently.
It might be why my Deus with the 11" lf coil in 12khz easily passes so many of the tests TNSS says his Deus can't pass.smiling smiley
March 25, 2018 03:52PM
Well.... I don't use the meter on my CZ3D very often anyways.
There are only a few tones and when you are used to them, you basically have all the info you need.
All of the tones will have slight variations.
I can hear whats in the ground with it, I can tell how deep it will be, if a coin is on edge etc etc.
Most of the time, I can tell what type of coin it is and I can even hear an object that has sharp edges like a crown cap, a folded crown cap or a nail vs other iron.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 25, 2018 05:03PM
My ole Garrett Deep Seeker,vintage 70's, has the best audio ever. When it went over a deep shell it had a huuuuum that told you"come and get it".
March 25, 2018 06:25PM
Never use meter on my deus remote its in the ole pocket best way to relic hunt that machine. imo.