Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and racer

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and racer
July 23, 2015 03:02AM
Can def tell the F75se2 is deeper than the racer.. On a target found with f75 disc 4, sens 90 tones 3h in je mode ...target read solid 76/77 at 10". Good solid tone and numbers.. With 11x7 coil on both detectors then tried racer..disc 5, sens 95, tone 2 and tried 3 no signal.. Not a peep.. I have found some 7-8" coins with it with ok tones....i could not for the life of me get any signal.. Both were ground balanced ..f75 had nice smooth tone ..dug target and 8-10" deep was a war nickle .. Very deep.. Just thought id share this.. Thanks for looking....
Re: F75 and racer
July 23, 2015 03:57PM
I do believe the F75 LTD2 is deeper then the Racer with the 11" DD coil. The Racer does far better then the F75 with the 5" DD coil.

The Racer has the uncanny ability to sniff out targets that the F75 cannot even hear, no matter how deep. I've proven it time and time again at a site I detect. It's a small spot, I'll detect it with the F75 first using the same sized coil, and get nothing and then with the Racer and start pulling coins. At this same spot, the F75 previously pulled out it's share of coins, some quite deep, but then it simply couldn't see any more, yet the Racer has pulled out 16 old coins in three hunts that the F75 simply couldn't detect. Personally I think the F75/Racer combo are a good combo, use the F75 first to get the deep stuff and stuff that it excels at detecting, and then go back over the site to clean it out with the Racer, first with the 11" DD and then ultra clean mode with the 5" OOR coil thumbs down
July 23, 2015 04:40PM
Honestly i think my racer 11x7 coil is bad.. It dont air test anything close to what it did when i got it.. My original coil was bad, bad emi and broken ears.. My replacement which is this coil now has broken ears and starting to get emi issues.. So makro is sending another one supposedly with thicker ears..and better plastic .. My third coil will hopefully be a charm.
July 23, 2015 05:52PM
Always hearing about coil problems. What is it about coil making that makes it hit or miss?
July 23, 2015 08:04PM
Not sure ozzie ... They said is was their plastic supplier ... But who knows ..
July 23, 2015 09:29PM
CHINESE PLASTIC!! Lol.

Yeah, sorry to hear bout some golks coil problems.
This is why I think it would be a great time for Troy to get back in the game. Maybe Im mistaken, but I dont recall the Shadows having the QC problems everyone else does.
July 23, 2015 09:48PM
Some of the coil cables on some of the X5 coils is starting to split...Weirdest thing youll ever see the black insulation rips from connector to coil in different spots...looks like a weed eater got hold of it...

Ive seen a few doing it...and heard of others...

hard to find a machine that does not break down eventually....But Troy built some good uns..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 23, 2015 10:36PM
Did that to to my 1236x2 too. I used silicon all over it and wrapped it with black tape. Now coming all apart at the connector. Guess it's just getting old and need a new coil for it.

Rick
July 24, 2015 12:41AM
The F75LTD2 is supposed to be deeper than the Racer, all with stock coils. But F75 needs to be in boost.

F75LTD2 not in boost---I've compared mine to 2 different Racers with stock coil----depth---mirror images.

And NASA Tom's testing posted on this forum supports my findings.

IMO, Racer stock coil would have been far better being epoxy filled like the CoRe unit.
July 24, 2015 01:03AM
Once my new racer coil gets here i will test some wild targets.. I find it very hard to not use the F75se2.. I have used only the racer for several weeks til this week.. And as soon as i fired up the f75 i was finding deepies..