Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found this last night with my obsolete single vlf machine

Posted by Xray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found this last night with my obsolete single vlf machine
March 25, 2018 06:46AM
Ace 400, 14g 18K diamond encrusted ring, woodchip playground

Re: Found this last night with my obsolete single vlf machine
March 25, 2018 10:45AM
As Emeril Lagasse would say..... "BAM !"

Congratulations, Nice.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 25, 2018 01:17PM
Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.
A beauty.
March 25, 2018 01:41PM
One tot lot hunt can do better than all day at the beach, looks like your going be in the next garrett searcher
March 25, 2018 01:49PM
you got paid nice find!
March 25, 2018 01:52PM
Sweet find.

Woodchip playgrounds are such a good spot to hunt.
March 25, 2018 02:50PM
Beautiful.
March 25, 2018 03:57PM
Ace of Aces !!
March 25, 2018 04:18PM
That's a honker, likely paid for your ACE eh? Congrats thumbs down
March 25, 2018 06:46PM
Ace was already well paid, guess this would be about half a Nox !
And yes, I realize about any detector on the planet would have found this thing loud and clear
I have other detectors but I have always liked the Ace for detecting woodchip playgrounds. This thing rang up in the mid 60's like a church bell, was down about 2" in the still
semi frozen woodchips., so it must have been lost at least last year before the freeze.

Took it to a jewelry shop today, they wanted $40 for an appraisal I found that a bit steep so passed.
Confirmed it is legit anyhow, stones and all [a couple are missing].
I asked how much would they give for it, since they buy as well as sell ,,, $400 they said, which I also passed on since thats below melt even.
I think they thought I was trying to get a back door appraisal and wasn't serious about selling, they were right about that. Lowball I was expecting, not that low though, I think $500 would be low for this.
If I sold it for $400 I could just picture it on sale for $900+ the next day. Jewelry market is such a racket I swear. Buy way way low from suckers, sell way way high to suckers.
I don't begrudge anyone wanting to turn a profit, these guys are looking for a windfall with every transaction it seems.

I have kept most of what I have found over the years, this ranks as my 2nd in value.
1st was also at a tot lot, gold diamond studded cross which I still have.
Am considering checking with the school and see if it was reported lost, would be an easy one to describe for the owner.
Have the feeling this thing was scammed by a kid from his parents, took it to school to show off bling, bam gets lost at the playground. Easy to see why, this thing is about a size 13, way too large for any elementary school kid [too large for me]