Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites TDI has a lot of potential

Posted by Kevin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites TDI has a lot of potential
April 04, 2011 01:49AM
Greetings one and all. It has come to my attention that the White's TDI has a lot of potential to go deep, and also to discriminate out junk by fine tuning the machine. Very pricey machine, though. More of a gold (and silver) machine than a coin shooter. And definetly not your turn on and go machine. But from reading the information presented, it is a very interesting detector for finding gold. Keep diggin.....
Re: Whites TDI has a lot of potential
April 04, 2011 03:07AM
While I don't have the TDI, I do have the Goldscan 5C (which the TDI and TDI Pro was based on). I initially tried the detector in Low conductor mode (high tone) for small - medium gold. I should note here that I set up the GB to disc out Iron down to a certain size, not to Balance the Ground(this let it go deeper). To handle ground noise I used very level Coil control and it worked great.

After a while I switched to a similar high powered pulse detector but one which did not discriminate (Aquastar, almost the same but no disc). I started finding many more items, and although being silver, it was still better than finding just nickels. I thought that when I switched to the "dig it all" detector, I would dig much more trash, but it really wasn't that bad. I could not use the GS5C in ALL mode because it was much noisier for some reason. I'm not sure if the TDI has this same problem. It is quiet when away from power lines. As for High mode for coins, it would not be as deep as it is for small gold. Its strength comes on Low conductors. It should be noted that some (maybe 10-20%) depth is lost when using low or high mode (instead of All mode) but it is still much deeper on Low conductors than a VLF or Multifrequency. Perhaps if I was in a different area, such as Florida, then Low Conductor mode would allow me to cover more ground finding less trash, and more rings(I may try this one day, Although I would still worry about what I might missing). I could see where the disc mode would be very useful on a beach where there was gold potential but lots of Iron.

I have seen many TDI going on ePay for around $1000. The TDI Pro MIGHT be a bit more powerful. On the original model, if you get one of the original 200 through the hole circuit board models, I think the Pulse delay can be modded to go under 10us (maybe it was 8, or maybe 5). I think there might be someone that provides this service.

verylazybeachbum
April 04, 2011 05:16PM
Theres a good deal on a TDI on the Finds classified section right now if any one is interested. I would be all over it if the budget permitted. $975 shipped it's only been there for 2 hours at the time of this post.
Good luck all
April 04, 2011 06:30PM
Thanks godigit. It probably doesn't have free shippiing, so we are talking about a cool grand. I imagine this is for the TDI, not the TDI Pro. Great info, though. If I had an extra grand laying around, I would jump on that too! Keep diggin...