Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wanted: Racer 15" coil..

Posted by bigboar 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wanted: Racer 15" coil..
September 02, 2015 09:49PM
anybody have one they want to get rid of?
Re: Wanted: Racer 15" coil..
September 02, 2015 11:23PM
Don't want to get rid of mine, but it is a very good coil, albeit a bit unbalanced, and heavy, but what 15.5" coil isn't?
September 03, 2015 05:25PM
the 15" is a bear to swing on the Racer...

On the CoRe its very nice..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 04, 2015 12:25AM
That big coil sure performs well. I had it on the beach yesterday. Amazing separation for a big monster! Good depth, but yeah its a tad heavy.
September 04, 2015 01:00AM
Excellent coverage and depth when used on the beach ................. can be used with a bungee cord.

September 04, 2015 01:45AM
How'd you put a nokta coil on a makro ivanill?

mine won't interchange

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 01:49AM by Keith Southern.
September 05, 2015 12:43AM
Made a plug/socket adapter to go between coil wire and housing, crossed over wires between pins 2/3.

ivanll
September 06, 2015 04:07AM
ivanll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Made a plug/socket adapter to go between coil wire
> and housing, crossed over wires between pins 2/3.
>
>
>
>
> ivanll

So a pin 2/3 swap....

Very interesting..

Will the stock CoRe coil work on the Racer with pin swap??

Does I.D. seem right??? does it ground bal well with pin swap???

-Nikola Tesla
September 06, 2015 04:14AM
If it works proper/near proper , Nokta/Makro should be selling an adapter(s) to make it work. (Cross Coils)

I've been wondering about this for a while.
September 06, 2015 10:51AM
It's possible to just swap over wires on pin 2/3 on the coil plug, but now the coil will only work on the detector that uses that particular wiring.
By making the adapter there is no interference with the original product and a Fors coil will work on a Racer and a Racer coil will work on a Fors.

I have one Racer coil that constantly overload until it is in All Metal Mode and Gain is reduced to 39, at Gain 39 or less it can now work in all modes.
Another way of using this coil, it to heat it up by leaving it in the sun or dip it in Hot water for 30 sec. but it's use is kind of complicated and unpredictable.
Same coil with adapter in place will work on Fors Gold without above problems, at least for now perhaps later it will go weird again ?

Swapping the Fors/Racer coils do not seem to make any difference to when original coils are used, measured with an instrument it might since one is 14kHz and the other is 15kHz but then Garrets AT Pro, AT Gold and CSI Pro uses same coils without much trouble.