Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQ 800 Testing/Reports By the Masses of Joes

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: EQ 800 Testing/Reports By the Masses of Joes
April 01, 2018 10:55PM
Hey Dean,

I never said I have a machine that will slay all others....Dr. Tones did. He's pretty heavy in his convictions and I kinda know why.

If he has witnessed/compared several units to the NOX, then that is fair. Stating it will slay EVERY current machine on the market is a bit far fetched. Just the fact that ground conditions play a significant role in determining what unit to use and how the unit performs puts his statement as pure rubbish.
April 01, 2018 11:58PM
Hey that's the Great Dr. Tones! You are suppose to bow and kiss His ring. You didn't know that?
I mean He has been detecting all of about 5 years or so.
Shame on You!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 11:59PM by Harold,ILL..
April 02, 2018 12:33AM
Heres that ole time equals knowledge comment.........It don't take 5 years to learn to run a machine.
April 02, 2018 12:54AM
I dig it!

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 02, 2018 01:00AM
Gotta love it Sven1. Ya just never know until you dig it up.
April 02, 2018 03:14AM
Ok, that “ he has risen” joke was friggin epic! Still rolling from that one. I’ll admit. The post about the 6” was just meant to poke the bear... but in all honesty... the 6” coil on the Equinox is going to dissect sites like nobody’s business. Will the 6” on the nox reign king in the iron? Dunno. Time will tell I guess. But I have a good suspicion that it will be hard to beat... especially for the money. I have to admit, I’m a little shocked at how seriously these threads are taken? It’s metal detecting guys. It’s supposed to be fun. Learn to relax a little. They’re all great machines. They find metal. thumbs down
April 02, 2018 03:47AM
Dr. Dr....then throw some sarcasm and levity in the mix when poking.

When you say it will slay all current detectors, add on it will also fold the laundry and make the bed !

But in all honesty, talking about a coil that will do wonders in trash and iron, when guys are still waiting on their units......its a really big poke.

I know the NOX is a really good machine. I have witnessed it in action.

Can't wait until my hunting partner brings it to the spot I was just at today. I know it's gonna sniff out something good.
April 02, 2018 11:28AM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, that “ he has risen” joke was friggin epic! St
> ill rolling from that one. I’ll admit. The post ab
> out the 6” was just meant to poke the bear... but
> in all honesty... the 6” coil on the Equinox is go
> ing to dissect sites like nobody’s business. Will
> the 6” on the nox reign king in the iron? Dunno. T
> ime will tell I guess. But I have a good suspicion
> that it will be hard to beat... especially for the
> money. I have to admit, I’m a little shocked at ho
> w seriously these threads are taken? It’s metal de
> tecting guys. It’s supposed to be fun. Learn to re
> lax a little. They’re all great machines. They fin
> d metal. thumbs down

After all you are a very capable " front man for a rock and roll band" When the Equinox was being tested did anyone report the poor build quality to Minelab? Unless everyone was a " Munchkin " the detector had way to much shaft flex for taller users. How about Modulated audio? This is why I took a right turn instead of going left to Oz on the yellow brick road. The Technology is sound. What will happen when the detector takes a pounding in the Surf? Maybe I'm thinking in the moment? Let time decide. Next time I will "Take the Express Train " to Experience Town"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 12:32PM by woodchiphustler.
April 02, 2018 03:46PM
Yes there is some flex and some tolerances that could be tightened up. However, you’ll find this with any machine that is lightweight. Could we have gone with the carbon flight fiber lower shaft? Yes. Would it have been stronger? yes. But it also would’ve tacked on a couple hundred dollars to the price tag. When the equinox was being designed there were certain weight tolerances and budgets to keep in mind when driving to compete with other manufacturers. The reason why the machine is the way it is, is because it was very well thought out for its place in the market. That being said, I just got done beating mine to death amongst Cornstubble in England for top 12 days straight and it held up just fine. And please don’t get me wrong, I am disappointed and embarrassed by the slow roll out of this machine in general. But I also realize that this is been the biggest demand for commercial detector that Minelab has ever faced. It was not my intention to poke fun at the fact that there is a 6 inch coil and development currently. I only wanted people to be as excited as I am about it. It will be worth the wait. Sorry if there are some miss spellings and grammar errors in this. This is voice to text
April 02, 2018 03:50PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes there is some flex and some tolerances that co
> uld be tightened up. However, you’ll find this wit
> h any machine that is lightweight. Could we have g
> one with the carbon flight fiber lower shaft? Yes.
> Would it have been stronger? yes. But it also wou
> ld’ve tacked on a couple hundred dollars to the pr
> ice tag. When the equinox was being designed there
> were certain weight tolerances and budgets to keep
> in mind when driving to compete with other manufac
> turers. The reason why the machine is the way it i
> s, is because it was very well thought out for its
> place in the market. That being said, I just got
> done beating mine to death amongst Cornstubble in
> England for top 12 days straight and it held up ju
> st fine. And please don’t get me wrong, I am disap
> pointed and embarrassed by the slow roll out of th
> is machine in general. But I also realize that thi
> s is been the biggest demand for commercial detect
> or that Minelab has ever faced. It was not my int
> ention to poke fun at the fact that there is a 6 i
> nch coil and development currently. I only wanted
> people to be as excited as I am about it. It will
> be worth the wait. Sorry if there are some miss sp
> ellings and grammar errors in this. This is voice
> to text

Thanks for your reply.thumbs down
April 02, 2018 06:57PM
If anything this is great reading! I have to admit that my feelings do get hurt when someone says that theirs is bigger or better than mine. It's a man thing.