Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics T2 howls when Garrett Pinpoint Pro is turned on

Posted by TerraDigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics T2 howls when Garrett Pinpoint Pro is turned on
April 05, 2011 10:42PM
It's a standard 6.5 ver. T2. The audio interference from the pinpointer being on is bad enough on my ears that I remove my headphones when digging.
Anyone run into this issue with their Teks/F-Series Fishers? Could it be the T2's higher operating frequency?
I do have that crazy F1 channel howling problem when the toggle switch is pulled inwards on my unit. It just howls as long as its held in on F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2011 12:42AM by TerraDigger.
Re: Teknetics T2 howls when Garrett Pinpoint Pro is turned on
April 05, 2011 10:47PM
Sounds like your particular pinpointer is TOO close in it's operating frequency....to the T2.
April 05, 2011 10:58PM
Rats!!!!! I love that pinpointersad smiley
April 06, 2011 12:02AM
My f-75 picks up the Garrett Pro Pointer when the pinpointer is in the off position and several feet away. When the pointer is turned on, the interference goes away. I have to keep the pointer behind my back in its holder when detecting, and no problems. I also love that pinpointer, it's almost indestructible. Would not hunt without it....it spoils ya.
Ozzie......Re: Teknetics T2 howls when Garrett Pinpoint Pro is turned on
April 06, 2011 12:16AM
I will try the behind the back trick.........thanks.
The bad interference occurs on the default F4 channel. Miniscule amount on some of the other channels (not enough to really change anything).
Note to self: Use scientific method first...before posting questions.

Thanks Tom & Ozzie for helping.
The Pro-pointer is on 12Khz
April 06, 2011 12:47AM
The t-2 is on 13Khz so that's pretty close...

I know the AT is on 15 and it does not interfere with it when I turn mine on...

Keith
April 06, 2011 01:46AM
Mine doesn't bother my LTD, off or on. HH jim tn
April 06, 2011 04:58PM
I use a vibra probe and it drives my gold bug crazy so I have become accustomed to setting my unit where the coil is to the side and behind me. It stays quieter that way and I save time by not having to put my head phones on and off. Pro pointer is next on the wish list. The vibra probe is good in the rain and mud but I watch my friends with the Pro and their recovery time is better.
HH
April 06, 2011 10:19PM
The Pro is pricey........but totally worth the money.
April 08, 2011 01:00PM
This happened to me with my Etrac yesterday for the first time ever. I did a noise cancel and it quit..Must have been an EMI combo with some other source and the pro-pointer going at the same time!?