Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I want to do some tests and need help

Posted by Caretaker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I want to do some tests and need help
April 05, 2011 10:46PM
I have been using a XLT for 8 years now, I got a AT Pro a month ago, I want to do some test on a 300 years old farm field that I detect on the last 6 years, I have found very little there, maybe one great find a year, and I know it has tons of iron there and a cellar hole with a barn cellar hole too, what I need help with is setting up both machines. I want to pick an area, say 50 by 50 feet and stake it off and use golf tees to mark targets.

I want to set up each machine at normal GB and detect it and mark targets, then over and under ground balance the machines and mark the targets, although I have been using the XLT for a long time, I just ground balance it the standard way, what I need to know is how to manually GB it and and under and over ground balance it, or can it even be done.

I know how to do it with the Pro thanks to you guys

Do you guys think this is a test that is worthwhile to do for learning, thanks
Re: I want to do some tests and need help
April 05, 2011 10:51PM
VERY educational test..........and will open your eyes.......probably on several occasions.......ESPECIALLY whilst comparing a elliptical DD coil equipped unit......to a concentric coil equipped detector.....in nail-infested dirt.
April 05, 2011 11:08PM
I figured out how to manual GB the XLT, it was in the manual, DUH!!, open eyes please haha, I will make some small wooden stakes at work tomorrow, maybe I can get my wife to video tape it, yeah right
April 06, 2011 12:20AM
I have the Silver Eagle (lite version of XLT). Would be very interested in reading/seeing your comparison testing. Although LowBoy is right.......I think the AT....properly handled will win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2011 04:19AM by TerraDigger.
April 06, 2011 04:15AM
ONCE YOU LEARN THE AT YOU WILL START TO FIND A LOT OF COOL RELICS AND YOU MAY FIND IT HARD TO GO BACK TO THE WHITE'S...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!