Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox ''hack''

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox ''hack''
April 04, 2018 07:17PM
I will be trying this when i am out tomorrow

Equinox hack
Re: Equinox ''hack''
April 04, 2018 08:13PM
We'll see.. I remember another video that described how round targets hold tight VDI's while misshapen do not, and upon my testing in local parks this has not held true. I've filled at least one full 5 gallon bucket of can slaw testing this out.
April 04, 2018 08:42PM
For some machines, there is a little know trick called the ring theory. It works, but not at depth.
April 04, 2018 09:44PM
I've been doing a similar trick for many years with some machines...particularly the CTX/ET.

Except I raise the coil up just a little, then very slightly (and quickly) move it up and down...maybe 1" (2"...at most.) More of an up/down wobble...not the whacking/hoeing motion shown in the vid.
In fact, the motion looks very similar to an early onset Parkinson's shake.

It's similar to 'hovering' a miinelab coil back and forth directly over the target with (barely) just enough wiggle to keep the signal going.
Again, more of a nervous shake, than a swing.

The idea is to get/keep the target tone constant, and watch the ID.

Basically, they're both ways of zoning in on the primary target, and of minimizing/eliminating the effects of adjacent targets.
(Thus, hopefully, generating a more accurate ID.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 09:47PM by Mike in CO.